Let’s ramble about random anime stuff

I’ll ramble a bit first.

So I watched the anime called Darling in the FranXX and I loved it! It’s been a while since I’ve watched an anime and felt so committed to it. And darn, it hit me in the feels! I know that people have mixed feelings for the latter half of the series, but I enjoyed it so very much!

I guess it kinda makes sense why I enjoyed it so much, since studio trigger was involved in making the series (the same studio which made Kill La Kill and I LOVE that series).

I guess the only thing I didn’t like were the love triangle shenanigans, since I don’t like that trope. But besides that, it was awesome!

Any anime that you guys wanna ramble about? I know I’m just a nerd going on and on but it’s fun to chat about these things I like! :feh_birbpeek:

9 Likes

Puzzle and Dragons Cross’ opening is made by one of the best bands. Uverworld. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Serial experiments Lain, 20 years after its release, and it’s still a masterpiece. Based Yoshitoshi Abe for still using the same art style today, I find it so unsettling but also cute.

4 Likes

Uh
Daganronpa is pretty cool I guess

6 Likes

I liked Super dangan ronpa 2 because I cared so much about the cast, shame about best girl mahiru though.

2 Likes

Rewatched BRS and its still my favourite anime to this date

3 Likes

Oh, I wanted to watch it but I didn’t have time sigh

Nice to hear that it’s a good anime tho

Anyway, the last anime I saw was High Score Girl!

It’s the story of a guy, the classic nerd with no friends who only thinks about videogames, and a shy rich young lady, who has videogames as her secret passion. They met inside a game room (that’s the name? I’m not sure) and they become rival. The nice thing about this anime is that during the first episodes they are at the elementary school, then middle school and then high school, so we can see them grow up.

The anime also talks a lot about the games of those years ('90) like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers etc so it’s nice for those who lived during that period and are a bit nostalgic.

The only problem about the anime is the unneccessary love triangle, but it isn’t too annoying since arcade videogames are always the main focus of the anime

The animation is a bit weird (a mix of 2D and 3D) but I liked it. It’s on Netflix if anyone is interested

5 Likes

Yeah, out of all the games Hajime is probably my favorite protagonist.
but especially with sdr2 they make you see some… THINGS you maybe wouldn’t like to have burned into your eyeballs
cough cough literally every time Mikan trips and Nagito’s death

2 Likes

I have a passionate hatred for a lot of anime… specifically cliched hijinks rom-coms that try to be funny, but fall so flat they just make me want to drop the show. Though there is anime I actually do like such as One Punch Man, Battle Tendency, or Mob Psycho 100. I kinda want to watch Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou… haven’t gotten around to it. :catroll:

4 Likes

If you liked Darling in the franxx I recommend Gurren lagann it’s follows a very similar story it is a bit old but still great.

Iron blooded orphans the fights scenes in that anime are the best I’ve seen and some had my shaking from there sheer awesomeness. Although I didn’t like how the story went season 2 it’s still my favorite anime and I’m hyped for season 3.

4 Likes

Nagito deserved it, also I finished V3 last week and it’s the game I like the less.
Also the dangan ronpa anime future arc is bad, the one with the remnants of despair is probably in my top 3.

1 Like

There’s no hype after the ending of season two :feh_elisad:

3 Likes

Nah, I’m not a weeb

2 Likes

Gauken Babysitters is so cute! And surprisingly sad and deep

3 Likes

Honeslty i liked Darling and the Franxx till episode 17 or 18… around there it felt like some elements/plots were not needed and wont spoil it for those who have not seen it

1 Like

But also there’s nothing interesting I’ve watched that’s recent.

I think the last ones I tried were some of the Netflix ones (Baki, Cannon Busters, Seis Manos) and they were alright. Guess I’m just waiting on more season’s of those.

1 Like

Yea I have to agree I’ve never been more disappointed in my life then after watching the end of season 2 unfold like what happened it had a great start then all that happened in the end.

1 Like

I actually like Nagito but eh
The first game was probably my least favorite, there wasn’t that much time between murders to flesh out the characters too much, while meanwhile there was hours between murders in v3 which were pretty much devoted to developing soon to be murdered characters.
I get how that could be a flaw if you were mainly playing for the murder mystery part and nothing else.

1 Like

I thought the story ended in season 2 :thinking:

1 Like

Anyone remember this? :sob:

1 Like