Leveling Taunters

Do people level their taunters? From my understanding, they’re there to taunt, die, and charge your solo servant’s NP via Battle of Camlann CE.

Personally, I level them only as far as necessary to get their taunt skill (ex. 1st ascension for Benkei), otherwise leave them at level 1 (ex. Georgios and Leonidas). Since taunters have lower attack, it seems like its better if they die faster so my solo servant can rampage with brave chains uninterrupted. Thoughts?

3 Likes

There are different ways of using taunters. Some use them for solo runs, thus it’s better if they die faster. Some are there to tank as much damage as possible, so it’s better for them to have higher health.

13 Likes

Some are used for buff stacking, some are used for soloing, some are used for tanking st nps, for tanking aoe nps ( george with his bond ce comes to mind) etc etc. Better people to tell you the use would be people who actively use them like @Tetragoner since I use them very rarely.

3 Likes

I level them to max because you never know if you’ll need a beefy tanker. If I need a tanker to die fast for solo purposes, I keep a level 1 duplicate of Georgios/Leonidas ready for that.

13 Likes

create a dup account and add to your friend list so you can have a lv1 Mash for solo :fgo_buster:

11 Likes

I actually forgot I had a dupe account on my friend list that had basically nothing except a lvl 1 Mash and I was so angry that this guy, a.k.a. me, hasn’t logged on for so long and only had a lvl 1 Mash on support that I deleted myself off my own friend list.

18 Likes

You should add this “friend” of yours back on your friend list :joy:

3 Likes

So everyone do that , cool i do that to

3 Likes

Wow…that’s…genius :astonished:

Apparently everyone was already doing this but it’s news to me :rofl: Neatly solves the issue in any case

5 Likes

I’ve clearly been playing this game wrong

2 Likes

And remember this ever having a Leónidas and a George lvl 1 ,and level up a Leónidas to max level with the first skill at lvl 8 min for bulling Tristán in Camelot

3 Likes

Oof I’m way past camelot lol Would have been good to know though :stuck_out_tongue:

Prime example of someone who got crazy far (all caught up) without fully understanding some mechanics

1 Like

With Leónidas you can bulli all the Gil Archer bosses and Tristán on your way

3 Likes

It’s just easier to find a lv1 taunter when you want to solo
say My friend list, everyone only place their best servant and lv 1 servant doesn’t exist so generally takes a while for me to find people that have a lv1 george or leonidas to solo

Otherwise like most people, i have a lv1 for solo and a full levelled george with skill at 10/6/6 in case I need him for specific team setup

3 Likes

Well this has all been very enlightening…these are great ideas for new strategies/team comps. Gone are the days of Cu Alter +2 meatshields I guess

2 Likes

I certainly have. I’ve got an 8/8/8 Leonidas and 10/10/10 George. In fact, I’ve used the latter substantially in harder content, because buying up to 3 free turns of enemy fire so your CDs can refresh, or your DPS can eat an ST NP, or w/e, are super-important. Leonidas himself is a super good indirect crit enabler and meat shield in my experience so far, if fighting enemies who charge gauge easily (a la Gorgon). Buster amp, Guts + taunt to buy at least a turn, then on-NP buying 3 more turns’ worth of survival at max alongside 5-25 stars and 30+% DEF (I’ve even used him as part of an NP chain to eat enemy attacks before following it up with Hans-boosted crits for, say, Proto Cu or Spartacus or Lu Bu). In this thread I talk about using George for protracted battles.

Here’s a grail-less and Maid in Halloween-less Leonidas solo by KyTheGamer

Multiple taunters used to stall out Nastya in LB.

And what I feel is a very good example showing of what I meant with regards to Leonidas as a crit enabler, by Cometdance.

Meanwhile, you have Ort/VR Mash, who I feel is frankly pretty fantastic. Her kit having 2 native sources of taunt, one with an invul? Amazing. That is at least one non-invul-piercing NP turn you can eat, or use to filter her out to bring in Shakespeare/Mozart/Bride/Chiron/any other taunters and, again, continually keep your DPS safe. I remember seeing something like that against Napo but I’m too lazy to find it again, sorry.

Ofc I also keep around L1 Leo and George because solo strats are some of my favorites ever, and incredibly consistent. But hopefully those links and junk help.

5 Likes

Level 1 copy of them and np5 it.

Then have a level 1 copy of them.

3 Likes

I leveled my d’Eon purely cos I like him:)

4 Likes

Same here. Unfortunately, generally outclassed by George IME.

2 Likes

Man these people put a lot of work into skill leveling…I usually reserve that for favorite servants only (sorry Leonidas) :sweat_smile: Also where tf did they get their supports?! 10/10/10 Leonidas and Georgios…lvl 1 Georgios?! I feel like running low level teams requires way more dedication than I have.

Ohhhh I’m looking forward to Mash’s update (the new costume? is amazing aesthetically)! As far as I’m concerned, she’s kouhai, thus I leveled the hell out of her (she’s my only fully leveled/skilled taunter, everyone else used for soloing). She’s already plenty great, nice to know she gets better.

1 Like