Looking for ways to catch up to the meta after a 3+ year hiatus

Hi everyone, I came back to the ghame this July after stopping it around early 2018 (50 energy+no inheritance+no feathers+no game modes killed my motivations quickly :ak_depression: ). I played the game pretty casually and without spending any amount of money into the game. Since my return I’ve caught up in most of the PvE modes and read some guides that helped me understand what was new and how the game evolved in 3 years, and I’m a a point where I’d like to have somewhat competitive teams for AR/ Arena but I’m not completely sure how I should spends my ressources in order to do so.

Sadly I cannot put more than 1 screenshot as I just created my account so I cannot show every unit I have but here are my most used ones :

I also have Flayn, Elincia, L!Ryoma, Nils and Leanne among others not in this screenshot
I managed to stay in tier 18.5 this month using +7 Adult Tiki/+0 Surtr/+2 Fjorm but I’m struggling in battles, mostly because the only way for me to win against F!Edeldgard is to chip her hp away with Surtr. I know that the next big milestone is the tier 20.5. As I have only 756 grails and 250k feathers, should I be waiting a bit and stacks more ressources or can I jump from 18.5 to 20.5 somewhat quickly ?

I’m also interested in AR but obviously I’m severely lacking when it comes to skill fodder and mythics units. Among my units, do I have some units that can be useful in this game mode once i reach higher tiers ?

And lastly with CYL 5 around the corner, I wonder if I should wait and spend my current stack of orbs (around 1600) on the next generation banners that are bound to come soonish or should I try to spend a bit on the current banners in order to secure some units/skills ? I might be hoarding a bit too much but I dont want to spend ineficiently :feh_lynsomnia:

8 Likes

Honestly Arena isn’t worth the hassle. I’ve got a few +10 units with decked out kits(Arena’s scoring revolves around merges and the amount of SP spent on skills) but with all the powercreep running around it just ain’t worth it anymore. Ya lose an orb a month in comparison to tier 18 to tier 21 and some feathers. Doing plenty of quests and participating in the events gets you feathers and a single orb ain’t worth it. Playing to stay in tier 18.5 would make the game less tedious, IMO.

AR is interesting and even without too many mythics(You get Eir and Peony who are Light season and Reginn who is Astra for free. That’s a very good start.) you can still score high. You won’t be able to hit the Vault and will probably struggle severely just hitting tier 21, but it’s easy rewards if ya learn how to play. Plus most people who aren’t in tier 21 are complete casuals… most.

Save for CYL 5. 1600 orbs will give you a great chance at the potential to +10 one of those units and they’re going to be pretty busted. Along side that CYL 3 units will be getting a refinement at the end of August so depending on what their refinement is you might want to throw a few orbs that way too… but that’s a big might.

7 Likes

Did you leave the game in 2018 with 1600 orbs to spend???

I would wait for the CYL5 to see what IS propose to be the new meta for the next season…

2 Likes

you should run away while you could.

Seriously speaking, waiting for the next Brave Heroes isn’t a bad idea as they’ll probably bring new stuff to the game, or may even be part of the meta later.

6 Likes

Just wait and merge a F!Edel yourself. Takes care of pretty much anything. Or CYL if something better comes along.

1 Like

WELCOME BACK

3 Likes

catch up to the meta…
tenor (26)

3 Likes

The meta changes every month with a new ridiculous skill.

And welcome back

5 Likes

From what I read it seems that upper tiers are super competitive so yeah, its going to be an uphill battle :feh_hildapout: .

Seems that my best bet is to go ham on the CYL banner then. Thanks everyone for all the advices :feh_faedance2:

3 Likes

Look behind you, see that door, go through it and run… run as fast as you can and never look back

2 Likes

There’s an upcoming HF with Henriette and Dedue. The units are not worth +10, but they come with the invaluable (at least for me) Save skills. I would try to get a copy of each in preparation for CYL.

4 Likes

3 Likes

All that’s missing from that is Fedelgard slowly creeping up

2 Likes

someone edit Edelglue on the kid floating in the hall meme, something like this but better

3 Likes

Seiken why you do dis?

Yes I’m personally blaming you.

2 Likes

Haha, sorry…I actually don’t even have her on my arena defense right now

2 Likes

2021_meta
Like this?

6 Likes

Yeah, pretty much

1 Like

3 Likes