Lyon demands tribute

Well, I wasn’t expecting another Lyon alt! As one of the forum’s resident Lyon simps, is anyone surprised that I dropped all my other savings projects to +10 him and complete the squad, even though they all serve basically the same purpose as units? (With the exception of Duo!Ephlyon. Is it really a Lyon if he’s the cheerleader? For now, yes.)

F to my 400ish orbs and 160,000 feathers, but we got 2 Y!Tanas in the process, and even a Y!L’arachel on a blue-less circle.

32 Likes

This is a beautiful team, congrats!

It’s nice to see an Emblem team completed with all your favorite units :feh_hridexcited:

10 Likes

Congrats! That’s a beautiful (and very shiny) Lyon Emblem :feh_nino:

+10ing a unit out of love is always worth it

9 Likes

F to my 400ish orbs and 160,000 feathers, but we got 2 Y!Tanas in the process, and even a Y!L’arachel on a blue-less circle.

Pretty close to the same outcome as me, tho it took me almost 600 orbs

8 Likes

Congrats! Nice shiny team you got there

9 Likes

I’m almost there myself. I already have both DuoLyon at +10 and pulled 11 copies of YLyon (took 350ish orbs), but my FLyon is half way there and I haven’t work much on the GHB version.

Could I see your builds for inspiration? I kinda want to give all of them a Stance + NCD + Joint Drive Atk, but they are so expensive to get (and it doesn’t help that there’s only 2 sources of NCD in the regular pool, one of which is FLyon himself).

Now, if only IS would to give us a colorless version of Lyon as Mythic/Legendary alt…

7 Likes

Here are the builds! Not for Y!Lyon, he’s nowhere near complete- I might B!Duel Infantry him and get him Atk/Res Lull and Joint Drive Res for arena.

I want to change out F!Lyon’s Rouse at some point, maybe for Pulse Smoke.

10 Likes

impressive-most-impressive

2 Likes

I kinda wish I went with Time’s Pulse on DuoLyon over Joint Drive Atk as it would make Galeforce a lot more consistent than the QP seal he is currently running. I went with the 300SP for arena scoring, but I think it really didn’t matter.

I run the same Stance on my FLyon and the QR seal, but I did gave him Pulse Smoke like you suggested. I have to say though, I don’t really like it. He doesn’t really have a player phase to reliably activate it, and on EP he tends to bait from afar, so the smoke doesn’t trigger on anyone. I think a C skill that allows him to secure more kills on the first hit is what I’m looking for. Something like Joint Drive Attack or Time’s Pulse with an offensive special (Glimmer or Ruptured Sky), so he can ditch the QR seal and go with Sturdy Stance instead. But those skills are pretty hard to get, so Pulse Smoke is what he is currently using.

OG Lyon’s build is pretty amazing too. I never considered NFU for him, but his spd is kinda servicable, so it looks like a really interesting choice.

Regarding YLyon, I did get pittybroken by a Marianne when going for him, so the Duel feels kinda appealing. Too bad I don’t have a source of Duel 3 so he can also get the Drive Res.

2 Likes

The drive atk served me a lot against the stat inflation in upper infernal. I thought you left that build because it was an arena build (positional assists are way better in GC than HC+). Hard to say just from this week whether I would have been better off if you had chosen TP instead.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m in agreement on F!Lyon, especially when you lay out your issues with Pulse Smoke on him. He’s at his best in AR-O, I think, against cavlines and Seiros, against whom he has the resistance to ignore her DR, but a real problem in AR-O is not being able to revenge kill and having something get danced and get at your backline.

I really wanted to try NFU on OG Lyon with his new refine.

3 Likes

Lack of fodder, or…?

2 Likes

I do love Joint Drive Atk on him (and if it were for me, almost all my units would run it too), and has served me well on arena where he is a stapple. But lately, arena has become such a pain in the ass with so many ranged units, that I tend to rely on his Galeforce + Duo skill to be able to kill them and move back to safetly. Joint Drive doesn’t trigger when doing so, which makes Time’s Pulse a better option.

Sorry for the HC+, I should have changed it but forgot.

1 Like

I didn’t really miss it, bizarre as that sounds. I like my assists probably more than 90% of this forum, but I got along with scarcely a problem. Probably the combination of having 3.5 galeforces on the team (N.Lyn is only kind of), pathfinder, L. Lucina, Peony, and a max invested H.Nowi.

2 Likes

Hey, I run the same team :joy:

1 Like