Make friends, make enemies, but more importantly, make $30 in the second GamePress Blood Pool!

Yes, if’s that time again. It’s time to sign up for the GP Blood Pool!!

FAQ:

What is a blood pool?
It’s an event where users can participate and make friends, and have a chance at a wining gift card worth $30. Throughout the event voting will be held where participants have one vote and have to pick someone to “save”. The person with the least amount of votes will be kicked from the competition and unable to win the grand prize.

Beginning at 5th place, losers will be banned for 1 hour, 4th will be banned for 2 hours, 3rd for 3 hours.
Finally, the person who ends up in second place will be banned for a day or two. I say “or two” because I’ll probably overshoot it since last time I manually set it for a day, the system unbanned the person after 6 hours, and this way I cover my ass incase I forget to unban them.

Prizes:

The winner of the event will get A $30 Google play OR Apple gift card, or equivalent gift card with the same value

Participants will also get a chance to get unique(but not really…) user titles!

• Blood Champion: Awarded to the winner of the event
  • Terminator: made it to second place
  • Knight of Treachery: awarded to all participants who make it to the final 5 contstants
  • Coward Baby: Given to those lowly bastards who quit while in the final 5
  • Super Turbo Coward Baby: Shamefully given to those who quit before the final 5
  • Mercenary: awarded to all participants who don’t quit

A new title will also make it’s debut this time

• "Blood Jester": Awarded to the one who kept peace and kept everyone smiling if it starts to get tense or stressful, awarded participants via vote at the end of the event

We weren’t able to make these proper user badges last year, but we can now and will use the same titles as last year so we can also retroactively award them to last year’s winners as well

The event will will primarily take part in an off topic free talk thread on April 16th-17th, where anyone can talk in said thread, even non players, but blood pool participants MUST participate in free talk thread and converse with other players in order to win.

once every few hours or even just once an hour, it depends on the final number of participants, me or one of the other mods will DM all active participants and ask them a poll with the names of all the players. The people with the most votes will be banned for an hour, and the ban length will be increased by an hour with every subsequent poll.

Because we’ll have more mods this time, we can take it easy across 2 days and you don’t have to stay up for the whole event

In case of a tie breaker, the last 5 participants will send DMs to me and participants will vote FOR the winner

Qualifications to enter/participate:

1. Participants must have accounts with regulars user status
  2. Must participate in free talk thread and converse with other players
  3. Vote in DMs against other players

Extra info:

1. Quitters will not be banned, requested to wear the coward titles for the remainder of the event and participate in chat.
  2. with each poll, a “yes no” poll will also be sent afterwards, these are your chances to quit, the results of these polls will be visible, so if you do click yes on them, you will be removed from the event. NO TAKE BACKS
  3. Participants who got banned will not get regular status restored by a mod immediately. This is to prevent people making sock puppets accounts to evade banning/loss of account privileges that come with regular status, such as increased number of likes, for example. We’ll give you back your regular status after a week tho.

The limit of participants is 40, so hurry up if you want to claim your spot

YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM TARGETING ANYONE, OR TEAMING UP TO VOTE SOMEONE OFF

Doing so will disqualify you from the event

THE GOAL IS TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ENOUGH SO THAT YOU CAN STAY IN THE CONTEST, AND THEY DON’T MIND YOU WINNING

So, be polite, friendly and civil. Look at this as an excuse to make new friends, or just talk random stuff

YOU CAN

1. Beg to not be voted off
  2. Form alliances and promise not to vote for each other
  3. Backstab the people you made alliances with
  4. Talk about whatever game or topic is in GP, and not worry since it’s free for all for the whole site

DO NOT:

1. DO NOT TEAM UP TO VOTE SOMEONE OFF
  2. DO NOT CONTACT PEOPLE VIA DMS TO COLABORATE, EVERYTHING MUST BE VISIBLE IN PUBLIC,
    IF you do get a DM, Flag it so I can see it, and I’ll reward the first person with a special prize
  3. DO NOT BREAK GP RULES AND TOS. Community Rules and Terms of Service

Also, I touched on this before, but please do not make sock puppet accounts to get around the ban, part of the event is an element of risk and in doing so, you cheapen the whole experience. If I catch you making an alt for this, I won’t restore your account to regular status after the week is up. Also, it will take a while for both account to get to regular status, so you really aren’t benefiting in the slightest. last give away we also got a ton of sock puppet accounts made, so remember that ONLY ACCOUNTS WITH REGULAR STATUS CAN PARTICIPATE, and to make sure you all read this, participants must say they are interested in participating in this thread and post Flower, in quotation marks so it looks like this: “Flower”, entries that do not, will not be accepted. This is also also, so I can find contestants easily. do not explain why in the comments

If you can’t deal with being off GP, a link to the GP discord is right here:

Legal mumbo jumbo
  • No purchase necessary
  • Eligibility: Must be a user with regular user status
  • Duration: April 16th-17th, 7 AM PST to 12 AM PST
  • Mechanics/method: Winner will be decided via vote from other participants
  • Prizes: a code for a gift card, worth $30 will be sent to the winner via DM
  • Liability limitations GP is not responsible for any ruined friendships or relationships that result from the Blood Pool. Individuals are responsible for their own actions. Rules subject to change as needed to provide a fair experience to all players
26 Likes

:catknife:

SO NO CAESARING ME

18 Likes

Oh you’re site staff now, you can’t participate as a contestant

18 Likes

Ah yes, annual Blood Sacrifice Limited Event.

14 Likes

oh no i understand that HOWEVER I STILL HOLD A MASSIVE GRUDGE

15 Likes

So it’s probably a bad idea to sign up if I’m already hated, I take it.

2 Likes

You only have to worry if you make it to 2nd place, otherwise you still get a cool title

6 Likes

And with that I’mma head out. Gl to anyone who joins

10 Likes

Or if you want i can ban you without any promise of a prize or getting unbanned

BB_Summer_1~2

15 Likes

no i have to make them suffer first

13 Likes

Vote Umbriel :fgo_ereshlove:

10 Likes

I can only join if you come up with an even stupider title than this. Otherwise not worth it.

10 Likes

‘uwu im a pissbaby uwu’

14 Likes

While it is stupider, I think I’ll pass.

11 Likes

I STILL HAVE THE SCREENSHOTS IT WASN"T ME

Gonna pass on this. Not feeling it this time

13 Likes

everyone would’ve lost if i was able to participate :fgo_thatbishtar:

11 Likes

I mean, you coud still get the mercenary title and just have fun talking to people

9 Likes

15 Likes

I

am a victim of circumstance

12 Likes

So we need to sign up over Discord?

6 Likes