Making an Attempt at Getting Into Fate (It Worked! :D)

Howdy, FGO players.

Some of you might know me as one of the deadly mods of the Fire Emblem Heroes section of GP, but the majority of you probably don’t know me at all.

Regardless, I played FGO probably about 6 months ago but quit because quite frankly I found all of the information to process rather intimidating. Fate seems really big to me and I felt like I was getting a cluster of information I knew nothing about. In the end, I uninstalled it because I just didn’t know where to start and was afraid of making too many mistakes.

So from someone who doesn’t know jack about Fate, how would you recommend I get into the game without overprocessing? Is there another part of the Fate series I should try to get into first?

Also what’s summoning for characters like in Fate? And how much do star-ratings matter in the game? I’ve heard summoning 5 stars in the game is below like 1% so that makes me feel a little nervous about trying to get into the game as well. Can characters with fewer stars (3 star, 4 star) be ranked up or have their potential unlocked? I’m not sure what the term would be in FGO.

Lastly, any extra advice you can offer to someone with no experience in the Fate series or FGO? Feel free to answer any or all of the questions I asked. Thanks so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

the day has come !
i shall answer all your questions

7 Likes

Thank you, Belluchi-san :catwave:

2 Likes

Get your sandwich posts ready FGOers

6 Likes

nervous laughter

3 Likes

okay so go watch fate zero
afterwards there are 3 different timelines(or let’s call them alternative routes with fate zero being the starting point )
fate stay night :the first one who appeared : this is saber’s route :made by studio deen :nice graphisms for that time and good openings /ost

fate stay night ubw :this is tohsaka rin’s route : studio ufotable same as fgo
fate stay night heaven’s feel : so there are only 2 films for now but we will get the last one next year :
main girl sakura

so i would suggest going like this :
start with fgo then you can watch one of those 3(as i said all of them are alternative sequels to fate zero)

when you are done with all of them then you can watch fate apocrypha and fate kaleid
fate kaleid is mostly illya and miyu (if you like lolis then go for it )
watch fate apocrypha to know more about many important servants like jeanne and mordred and fucking sieg

lord el melloi II is another sequel to fate zero but it only covers waver velvet(one of the main characters of fgo)
start with this list for now

there are few other series that you may want to watch like fate last encore
and a manga like fate strange fake(great manga btw)

4 Likes

too busy farming event rn to give advice but I’ll just say what you’ll hear eventually:

Welcome to Hell

7 Likes

You know, you and latetotheparty were the reasons I went into more sections of this forum, I never thanked you for that, thanks!

Also about rates, they are not very dependable, sometimes you don’t get an SSR(5 star) with 300 Summons as well, but the plus point is that you don’t need an SSR to clear 99% of the content, I don’t know if that is a plus or minus point for you.

2 Likes

I’ll keep all of this in mind. So would you say FGO is a decent way to get into the Fate series before watching the movies or anything? Or should I watch the movies first?

1 Like

Aw, I’m glad we could help you branch out! :blush:

Thats a plus point for me! It would be rather disheartening to think I have to summon an SSR to perform well in this game considering how bad the rates seem to be.

2 Likes

yeah i guess you should watch fgo first
i mean to love fgo you would need to love the characters first
like saber was my best girl and i was like :damn i 'll play everygame saber related and then i started playing fgo xD
so yeah watch fate zero and then fate stay night heaven’s feel(i feel like the heaven’s feel route is the best one)please don’t @ me to change my mind

1 Like

Where are they available to watch? Any of the common streaming sites like Netflix or Hulu? Crunchyroll?

1 Like

netflix
i am sure there is
fate zero
fate stay night ubw
and fate apocrypha
i am not sure about the rest tho

1 Like

So would you say watch them in that order you listed them?

1 Like

I cleared the whole main story with 1-3* servants and friend supports. You don’t need high rarity stuff except maybe for rly difficult challenge quests and favourite character/waifu/husbando reasons

1 Like

yes
you have to start with fgo then watch the sequel fsn(one of the 3 versions,or the watch the 3version like we all did here xD)
and then watch apocrypha
btw apocrypha is fine but i don’t feel like it’s as great as the above mentioned

1 Like

This part scares me because I’m nervous all of my waifus or husbandos might be SSR-locked and I won’t ever get access to them :no_mouth:

3 Likes

welcome to the club lol

2 Likes

I’m sorry I’m confused now… So do I start with Fate Zero or FGO?

1 Like

guess I have to keep quiet here lol

2 Likes