Mass Trading Lucky Issues

Okay, so I have yet to read anything concerning this so maybe it’s a non issue, definitely odd. Yesterday was the first time my boyfriend and I had traded anything in a while. We usually do about 40 or 50 mons but have reached the max trade limit twice. Each time (with the exception of yesterday) we each received 6 random Lucky Pokémon from our efforts. Yesterday, it was one. A Ninetails he caught from 2016. From everything we read this was a pretty sure bet. I am wondering if the recent Trade Evolution Candy Discount may have messed something up? Is anyone else having this issue? Just looking for feedback, thanks.

You only get the guranteed lucky Pokemon via trading a Pokemon from July/August 2016 if you have 10 or less Lucky Pokemon. If you have more then it’ll be random just like any other mass lucky trade although apparently, legacy Pokemon have a higher chance at being lucky.

Me and my boyfriend mass trade a few times a week and we usually get one lucky per trading session, sometimes two. Nothing has changed on my end since the trade update. Got a lucky from him yesterday.

1 Like

Ever was in less then 10 lucky trades is a better way of putting it. Sending your lucky pokeomn to the professor doesn’t help :wink:

2 Likes

I have read and he has explained how the whole rando lucky trade thing works. Certain criteria (date wise, type wise, etc etc) play a factor in increasing the chance. We did the 2016 trade intentionally yesterday to see if it would work AFTER at least 50 non lucky random trades. I have several lucky trades with him (53 from him 54 all together, I started playing in September of last year) all but one are random. To clarify, we were lucky friends, exactly one time. He and one other person are the only two people I have traded with (the other person was also a lucky friend). I think it’s weird how we go from consistently getting at least 6 per trading session down to one. Which was triggered based off of criteria, exactly one day after Niantic released the trade evolution option. All I am asking is if anyone has also noticed this issue? We were both pretty peeved, because had we known something was broke we would have waited to trade.

I’ve done 3 mass-trading sessions since the trade evolution went live : 2/~40, 6/~40 (1 was a 2016 pokemon but not July/August) and 1/~60. So there’re ups and downs on my end. So far I’d lean to just random luck (or lack of) than something broken since the update.

1 Like

That’s definitely more of the response I was looking for. It is entirely possible that our luck just temporarily ran out but I am of the opinion it’s better safe than sorry. Thank you for the input.

1 Like

I used to mass trade constantly with my girlfriend and I can say the same happened to us, we’ve had many lucky trades per session, some yielded a lot, others just a few, but then they started to become scarce to a point that sometimes 100 trades yielded one lucky at best and at some points we got many lucky trades again.

But this roller coaster of luck has happened months ago and that’s how’s it’s been ever since to us. Well, not so much lately because I got very bored of doing so many trades. Anyway, I’m going to bet that it all comes down to luck itself, nothing related to the new Pokémon and the mechanic brought with them. Sometimes you get a lot, other times you get nothing and that’s okay, just keep trading and playing, you’ll get your luck back at some point. So, yeah, good luck and enjoy the game :)

1 Like

Honestly trading is all about chance. You could theoretically hit 100 luckies in a 100 trade session. Although the chances are super slim. Our minds tend to play tricks and perceive this as “my luck has run out” while the truth is your “luck” has been around 5% all the time (which i think the Silph Road research found out was the lucky trade rate for random mons, and those older than 1 year adding more chances)
Anyway don’t worry it’s just statistics, and usually data miners find any change to the code of the game inmmediately so if anything changed they would have said so by now

1 Like

Small sample size. You get some weird variations. See what happens going forward.

1 Like