Mathilda and Eldigan, the perfect pair

Eldigan is a amazin melee tank with a weakness for magic, Mathilda is a great magic tank with a weakness for physical attacks. Together they can handle each others weakness and strengten each other. I’m currently finishing up the builds for these two.
I’m considering giving them blue flame as special.
I’m not sure if I want a res/atk/spd boon for Mathilda.
We don’t have a sabotage sacred seal yet, so I’m not sure about Mathilda’s sacred seal for now, a bond skill to boost herself or maybe a ploy skill to debuff enemies. (ploy def/chill def seems pretty okay to work with Eldigans vantage)

16 Likes

Nicely done! That’s a good sinergie!
But don’t you have problems with so much furies on Eldigan? How about trying a build with Dark Mystletainn?

3 Likes

Thank you :smile:

While a Dark Mystletainn is very strong. The idea of this build needs double fury.
With Eldigans current HP, the combination of Mystletainn + Fury4 puts him in both vantage and brazen range after 1 round of combat even if he took 0 damage.
With Eldigan at 60(base)+7(brazen)+6(hone)+5(Mathilda support) 78atk he can oneshot quite a few units that would engage him.

2 Likes

I see how this can turns out to be funnier

2 Likes

I thought this was a @ShinxDaSphinx post.

Welcome, and nice Eldigan. :feh_legion:

6 Likes

sees almost +10 Mathilda

Funnily enough, I have my Ares and +10 Mathilda supporting each other, so I have a similar set up going on. I have Ares with Dark Mystletainn and Distant Counter while Mathilda runs Distant Counter and Ruptured Sky.

The bond skill works fine for Mathilda, though I usually like Atk/Def a little better, since she’ll usually reach high enough speed to double. Anything is fine though, honestly.

I like your Mathilda’s set up too. How has Distant Ward and Sabotage Spd been treating you?

Finally, if you get a +10 Mathilda, you can join mine and Shinx’s Mathilda gang XD

8 Likes

I dunno…

Clive is gonna be really really pissed

5 Likes

DW,Clive’s masked as Eldigan for Carnival

4 Likes

Mathilda and Ares sounds like a strong duo as well. Raptured sky is a pretty cool special. :smile:

I try to avoid mathilda getting into fights involving def but improving it a little trough bond might be a good call.

The moment distant ward was revealed I instantly thought about how well it fitted mathilda, the extra atk and res it gives is really nice, and it’s not like I wanna use mathilda to catch arrow or dagger units anyway so not countering those is not a problem. It also helps vs dragons because if those attack from range 1 you still get the atk and res boost.

Sabotage spd is doing pretty good, debuffing multiple enemies at once without needing to stand in a specific spot yourself is nice. I feel like it will get even better if I add another sabotage unit in the team or if we get a sabotage seal to stack those debuffs on different stats.

I have another mathilda ready to go :D (just not 100% sure about which boon I wanna lock in)
I didn’t know that would get me into a gang tho, cool xD

5 Likes

IMG_20200220_171110

6 Likes

Clive is screaming

3 Likes

Finished up Mathilda, decided to keep the bond seal for now.
Went for the res boon because it’s important for activating sabotage and I can boost the other stats trough support.

Speaking of support, considering adding a fortify cavalry kaden to the team. It will push their stats skyhigh and fits colorwise.

EDIT maybe something like this:

EDIT 2
I added Laevatein as the 4th member for now for multiple reasons.
I wanted a ranged character
I wanted a way to deal with panic
Because the team already had buffs and debuffs veronice seemed misplaced on the team, and Laevatein has good stats for a horse healer. Went with a pain+ savage blow for chip damage, but could be other staff or seal as well.

3 Likes

Nah, he’s imagining he’s Eldigan because he’s not as badass as him and he’s really in a cuckold situation with Mathilda

2 Likes

1 Like

Now Clive is going to watch them from the corner of their honeymoon suite

1 Like

Well done. You can interchange vantage or desperation depending on how you feel. Vantage is definitely great with brazen Atk/Def. If you were to switch to desperation, I’d also switch the seal to brazen Atk/Spd to guarantee he gets that double up without sacrificing the Atk gain. I’d also consider using Draconic Aura or Bonfire for a quicker proc. Otherwise, excellent plan. No input on Mathilda, she’s great.

1 Like

Thank you, making a desperation build with brazen atk/spd sounds like a good offensive setup to have indeed.
Ignis is so much fun tho

This is without a single def boost from from fortify or kaden xD
The cooldown is already reduced to 3 because of eldigans weapon so when eldigan engages or gets attacked, assuming he strikes twice and the opponent once the special is ready after the combat perfect for vantage.

2 Likes

I like your profile picture. :eyes:

1 Like

:feh_hildarage:
Wait, wrong one
:pkmn_hildawink:

3 Likes