Melee DC refines

Simple what would you give as a refine for each of the melee DC weapons if they got one

Distant defense, or a breath skill? Breath skill might be too good though. Quick riposte 5 for OG!Ike so people have a reason to use him over L!Ike

I kind of want Camus to get something for his, so, maybe…

Gradivus (refined)
Unit can counterattack from any range. Accelerates Special Trigger -1.
Refine: If unit is adjacent to an infantry staff ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +6 during combat to unit and all adjacent allies.

I know it’s not too creative, but I figured it worked for the whole Nyna / Tatiana thing he has going on, allowing him to protect her, and improve his own ability to protect her (As well as aid any other allies who happen to be next to him.) I was considering some kind of buff to help him take hits from mages, but I figured his res is a bit too low to salvage anyway. Plus, he’s usually going to have a healer nearby to stitch him back up if he gets hurt too.

Distant Defense, or maybe an Aegis type of refine. A lot of the units with DC weapons don’t really have the resistance necessary to abuse the weapon without heavy support.

Bows and daggers also exist though

Yeah, and so do mages.

Accelerate special trigger would be absolutely insane for BK/Zelgius. I resort to using a DC/SF set with Slaying right now but if Alondite had slaying I could have an open A slot and run Steady/Warding Stance 4 or DD4.

Hm
I would want them to be different
However
BL and Zelgius do not need the refines

1 Like

Personally I dont think they need one but they all should probably help them use DC? Ike needs a lot of help with no res so maybe something that cuts magic damage or prevents followups. And Hardin could use some kind of slaying refine (his cooldowns irk me)

Oh god I don’t even want to think about if they got a slaying effect, then if Vantage became a seal oh god it’d be the end of the world with their Special Spiral build

It overall depends on the units.

Imo, Xander should just get Steady Stance 3 or Sturdy Stance 2.

Camus, maybe Omni Solo 2, since he shares a weapon with Hardin.

Ryoma, Krestral Stance 2.

Ike, idk.

You get the idea.

L!Robin
Grants +4 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res
Because she needs it

1 Like

If Special is ready, 10% of potential damage/damage done to unit will be calculated into the special.
Probably best for Ryoma because his low defenses help increase damage.

Side note: Berkut should totally get a weapon refine with DC involved.

1 Like

Nah, he doesn’t need one.

For Xander and Ryoma, I’d want to have these two:

Siegfried:
If foe’s HP = 100% at start of combat, grants +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat.

Raijinto:
If unit’s adjacent to an ally and unit’s Atk ≥ ally’s Atk, grants +5 Atk/Spd and special cooldown charge +1 per attack during combat.

Both are based on their personal skills in Fates.

1 Like

1 Like

We talking about DC refines when there isn’t a ranged foe with CC built in their weapon…
How amusing…

Yeah, because we already have DC prf weapons.

Can’t talk about potential CC refines without CC prf weapons. :thinking:

Sorry, but that’s how Chivalry works in Fates.
I guess I could increase the bonuses Xander gets from it (maybe add a guard effect) but I really think his refine should have this condition.

1 Like