Merge of Fodder for C Skill?

• Merge
  • Fodder

0 voters

3 Likes

Unless trying to +10 her, 1 merge really doesn’t make that much difference, so I would rather have the fodder.

7 Likes

Who would you give that C skill to?

2 Likes

Not really sure yet I had a build idea for my Byleth with it bit not sure it is a good build.

2 Likes

Until you’re 100% certain who’d you’d give it to and why, I’d just manual that extra copy.

Personally I think rouses are tough to pull off, whereas that trace is extremely useful. But still, just save it for later.

7 Likes

Complete bias here, but you’ve already merged her to +2 so you obviously don’t care about the fodder much so might as well keep going and merge again.

3 Likes

This was an Idea I had at one point, but I believe a bunch of people said it was not good.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s bad.

You have the right idea. Rouse gives him his own buffs to activate ideal, and with nfu built in layering on speed makes sure he will double no matter what.

My only problem is with the rouse itself. There are VERY few maps and instances where he or any other unit can stand alone turn 1 to activate it. Sure, turn 2 onwards it’s easy to accomplish, but why would you be willing to wait a full turn to activate a skill that is so integral to the rest of his kit?

In my opinion cavalry and in some instances armored are the only two movement types who obviously benefit from standing alone. Infantry and flyers benefit most from being huddled together.

If he’s a favorite unit of yours and you just want to give him toys, by all means go for it. But I would test it out first by giving him a different rouse inheritable from a four-star unit and see if you can keep it active reliably.

2 Likes

I foddered my one A!Laegjarn to L!Leif because he desperately needed a new kit since his was so outdated. I also gave him A/S Solo 4 to go with the A/D Far Trace and A/S Rouse 4 from her. The speed is almost incidental for him in the build because you sacrifice very little attack for these skills compared to things like Desth Blow 4. And because of the Rouse, his Atk can’t be hurt by [Panic], which is actually quite useful, even if his speed wasn’t enough to change anything against that particular foe. Anyway, he’s a standout candidate for her fodder if you use him.

2 Likes