Metroid series discussion/fluff thread

This thread was made to discuss anything Metroid and even share anything related to the series!.

Mentions

@TeaTime, @shmorgishfish, @PremiumMix

4 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve played fusion and Samus returns and a bit of the first prime game. That’s it.

3 Likes

Played every game except for:

Metroid 2
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention! :feh_flaynsmile: Although I only played the original and Fusion, and sucked so hard at them that I couldn’t beat either, I still have a soft spot for the series.

Well, uh, I wanted to know if any of you also played the games as kids and got traumatized scared by stuff in them. :feh_legion: As I mentioned in the other thread, SA-X was pure nightmare fuel for me. And so was the appropriately named boss, Nightmare.

3 Likes

Started off with Super Metroid, but mainly played Zero Mission (great remake btw) and Fusion as a child. Later on i got the Prime Trilogy collection and then Other M (Big mistake btw). Then I was able to get super metroid again on the SNES classic. (Also side note I played Pinball once in my life)

2 Likes

Oh-uh, I’ll link my comment from the #memes thread here:

This is how I met the series

3 Likes

Oh I guess I also played the Nintendo land Metroid game. Does that count? :feh_legion:

4 Likes

Just played super metroid and prime 3, i didnt finished the later. i got stuck on the dark samus ship.

3 Likes

It is an important part of the canon lore.

1 Like

Hmm… there wasn’t a zone like that I think :feh_eirikathink:

2 Likes

there is this stranded pirate ship when you first encounter dark samus.
The one made of phazon

1 Like

Ah, is it early, mid or late game?

2 Likes

havent beat it so i dont know (god of war, and metroid prime were full of scenarios, and long af)

1 Like

I’ve been posting #memes of the series in Halo’s miscellaneous meme thread on the #lounge, just filtering out the posts so that only mine appear will do since that’s what I’ve been mainly posting:

2 Likes

Hmm, I see.
I presume it must be Norion, the Galatic Federation has a base there and Samus re encounters her Dark counterpart after she re-enables the planetary defense system

3 Likes

It has been ages, so i remember it was a dark ship abandoned.

1 Like

Hmm, the abandoned ship I remember is the G.F.S. Valhalla, I always would visit it after claiming all the [Energy Cells], it’s late game though

2 Likes

FEH just updated so we should be seeing the stats soon.

4 Likes

1 Like