My headcanon Black Eagles Strike Force has been decided

Alright, now. So while I’ve been going through my skill-grinding playthrough of FE3H, I’ve been thinking on who I want to include as part of my headcanon maddening run as my Black Eagles Strike Force. These are who I’ve decided on.

Byleth

Levelling
Base: Commoner
Lv5: Myrmidon
Lv10: Pegasus Knight
Lv20: Swordmaster
Lv30: Falcon Knight
Lv40: Enlightened One

Skills
Sword Prowess
Swordfaire
Pavise
Aegis
Renewal

Edelgard

Item
Chalice of the Beginning

Levelling
Base: Noble
Lv5: Fighter
Lv10: Armored Knight
Lv20: Fortress Knight
Lv30: Emperor
Lv40: Emperor

Skills
*Vantage
Wrath
Defiant Crit
Aegis
Renewal

Hubert

Levelling
Base: *Noble
Lv10: Mage
Lv20: Warlock
Lv30: Dark Knight
Lv40: Dark Bishop

Skills
Dark Magic Range+1
Hit +20
Fiendish Blow
Lifetaker
Bowbreaker

Ferdinand

Levelling
Lv5: Soldier
Lv10: Mercenary
Lv20: Grappler
Lv30: Wyvern Lord
Lv40: Wyvern Lord

Skills
Renewal
Weight -5
Lancefaire
Movement +1
Swordbreaker

Linhardt

Levelling
Lv5: Monk
Lv20: Bishop
Lv30: Holy Knight
Lv40: Bishop

Skills
White Tomefaire
White Magic Range +1
Movement +1
Pavise
Renewal

Caspar

Levelling
Lv30: Grappler
Lv40: Hero

Skills
Duelist’s Blow
Weight -5
Deathblow
Hit +20
Desperation

Bernadetta

Levelling
Lv10: Brigand
Lv20: Warrior
Lv30: Warrior
Lv40: Bow Knight

Skills
Darting Blow
Hit +20
Bowfaire
Desperation
Bow Prowess

Dorothea

Item
Healing Staff

Levelling
Lv30: Gremory
Lv40: Gremory

Skills
Darting Blow
Black Magic Range +1
Fiendish Blow
Renewal
Bowbreaker

Petra

Levelling
Lv10: Brigand
Lv40: Mortal Savant

Skills
Duelist’s Blow
Hit +20
Deathblow
Desperation
Axebreaker

Felix

Levelling
Lv40: Mortal Savant

Skills
Vantage
Weight -5
Swordfaire
Sword Prowess
Axebreaker

Sylvain

Levelling
Lv40: Dark Knight

Skills
Lance Prowess
Lancefaire
Weight -5
Fiendish Blow
Swordbreaker

Mercedes

Items
Aura Knuckles
Healing Staff

Levelling
Lv20: Trickster
Lv30: Trickster
Lv40: War Cleric

Skills
White Magic Range +1
Black Tomefaire
Renewal
Bowbreaker
Movement +1

Lorenz

Levelling
Lv20: Warlock
Lv30: Dark Knight
Lv40: Dark Knight

Skills
Black Magic Range +1
Black Tomefaire
Weight -5
Deathblow
Bowbreaker

Lysithea

Levelling
Lv40: Gremory

Skills
Fiendish Blow
Dark Magic Range +1
Desperation
Darting Blow
Bowbreaker

Marianne

Items
Healing Staff

Levelling
Lv10: Thief
Lv30: Trickster
Lv40: Dancer

Skills
Sword Avoid +20
Sword Prowess
Movement +1
Special Dance
White Magic Range +1

Shamir

Levelling
Base: Sniper
Lv5: Sniper
Lv10: Sniper
Lv20: Warrior
Lv40: Bow Knight

Skills
Deathblow
Uncanny Blow
Bowfaire
Bow Prowess
Bow Crit +10

Alois

Levelling
Lv10: Brawler
Lv40: Hero

Skills
Axefaire
Deathblow
Hit +20
Wrath
Lancebreaker

Jeritza

Levelling
Lv30: Death Knight
Lv40: Death Knight

Skills
Counterattack
Vantage
Wrath
Defiant Crit
Null Cavalry Effectiveness

Yuri

Levelling
Lv10: Cavalier
Lv20: War Monk
Lv30: War Monk
Lv40: Trickster

Skills
Swordfaire
Renewal
Duelist’s Blow
Weight -5
Desperation

Balthus

Levelling
Lv10: Cavalier
Lv20: Fortress Knight
Lv30: War Master
Lv40: War Master

Skills
Vantage
Deathblow
Hit +20
Brawl Avoid +20
Tomebreaker

Constance

Levelling
Lv40: Dark Flier

Skills
Black Tomefaire
Fiendish Blow
Uncanny Blow
Black Magic Range +1
Bowbreaker

Hapi

Levelling
Lv40: Valkyrie

Skills
Fiendish Blow
Dark Tomefaire
Dark Magic Range +1
Dark Magic Prowess
Bowbreaker

Note: What I list as a unit’s “Lv40” class is what I deem as their final class, when I reclass them for functionality instead of the class’ stat-levelling potential. For example, I level Marianne as a Trickstef until level 40, where she assumes her Dancer role for its use as a Dancer, not its terrible stat growths.

Now, I’m still trying to hammer down some of the finer details (such as trying to figure out what I should replace if I want to give Balthus Quick Riposte), but this is more of less how I think my Strike Force will turn out at this moment in time.

Anybody have any ideas on what I can do to improve my units for a maddening playthrough? Or maybe notice where I doubled up on a skill that a unit’s class already provides (like giving Vantage to a Hero)? Lemme know what y’all think.

6 Likes

Nobody:

Not a single soul:

Nobody625: scrolls straight to Marianne and ignores everyone else

5 Likes

What are your thoughts on my plans for her? :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh ummm hides the fact that I suck at tactics games

Really you shouldn’t be seeking advice from me, but she seems good. Use the other class to grow her up then dancer. She’s the best dancer in the game this is not biased so thats seems like a good decision. But then again what would I know :feh_marththink:

If you want to use a Dark Knight Hubert, it’s better off as the last class due to its growths. Of course, it can work this way as well. For Felix, Mortal Savant just isn’t a very good class. It can be useful with the mixed offences and it’s cool but I don’t use it on Maddening. I’ll check the others in a while.

Here’s the way I see it while I’m drafting:
If I were to level Hubert as a Warlock instead of a Dark Knight, I’m losing out on more defenses than I am SPD if I reclass him to DK. Dark Knight offers +5% STR (irrelevant, honestly), +10% DEF, and +5% RES over Warlock with the only real drawback being the -5% SPD growth. With Hubert not being fast to being with, his main shtick is to hit hard and try to kill in a single hit. While he may have Bowbreaker, I would still take the extra defenses that Dark Knight offers, just in case, over saving 5% SPD on what is already just a 45% growth. He won’t be doubling too much, anyways.

As for Felix (and Petra, but moreso Felix), the versatility is why I have him as a Mortal Savant. He’ll still be plenty fast, spending 40 levels with SPD-focused classes, and his access to Thoron gives him better range and versatility against foes with Swordbreaker, which a Levin sword wpuldn’t remedy. Plus, native Tomefaire helps ammend his slightly lacking MAG stat. My logic for Petra is more or less the same, though she’ll be levelling more for strength, since she already has a 60% SPD growth. Depending on where her STR lies when she hits 40, I may swap the Deathblow I intend to use on her for Fiendish Blow, for a bit more punch to her spells.

3 Likes

Those are valid reasons. I levelled him as a Dark Bishop but he is a formidable Dark Knight. As for Felix, most Maddening enemies are very fast. Again, this is feasible but depending on RNG he may not be doubling many enemies. As you probably know, enemy Swordmasters and Pegasus Knights are vey fast and Wyvern Riders can also reach high levels of speed. Swordmasters come equipped with Quick Riposte. He should still serve you well. I have never used Petra as a Mortal Savant so I can’t comment there. I assume you know that the “optimal” class for most units is Wyvern Lord.

Tbh, it makes me sad not seeing Leonie.

Swordmasters only have Swordfaire and Sword Crot though, don’t they? I don’t think they come with Quick Riposte.
Or do you mean enemy Swordmasters have the skill?

As for fast Falcons and Wyverns, I figure they’ll be a probelm in general, regardless of my units. That’s why most of my drafts have a Breaker skill in their set. I wholly plans to combat Falcins’ SPD with Lancebreaker, and Wyverns with Axebreaker. Or whatever Breaker is necessary for that unit, assuming it carries a different weapon than the usual.

And yeah, I know that most consider Wyvern Lord optimal; but using that for every unit is boring.

On my first playthrough, I did want to recruit her to avoid killing her.
After playing through all the rouges and getting to know her, I wholly plan to have Byleth kill the b—h herself. I can’t stand Leonie after getting to know her.

2 Likes

This. I accidentally edited out the word enemy when I was changing the sentence structure.
I just looked at your Jeritza. You do know that he only joins after the timeskip, right? I know you said lvl.5 classes are just what you intend to start it off with but he’ll join as a lvl.30 unit with his unique class.

1 Like

Then you haven’t gotten to know her. I can’t be bothered to argue because she’s just a videogame character but calling her a

is ridiculous.

I agree. I just pointed it out because it’s powerful.
Edit: My battery charge is low so I’ve got to go.

I’ve seen all her supports and played all the routes, I cannot stand her and her sense of arrogant superiority. Hell, Byleth has to beat her ass is a sparring session for her to drop the “I’m better than you” and the “I don’t care if you grew up with Jeralt, I know him better” crap. Honestly, it more often than not seems like the entire bulk of her character arc is wanting to be Jeralt’s personal twinkie.
I wholly plan to reenact that A-Support, just without it being a sparring session.

But this is getting off track of the original post, so I won’t go into a full tirade on why I despise her here.

2 Likes

Yes, but for most I still list earlier classes as well. I also have classes listed for Shamir, who can’t join until you’re at level 10, if I recall, and Alois, who can’t be recruited until after Chapter 11.

1 Like

Yes. I just wanted to be sure because he will be your last recruit. It seems, now that I’ve looked over them all quickly, that this should work. Due to your current grinding run, this shouldn’t be too difficult.
Have you played Maddening before? I would advise you to use PBV but you don’t like its only potential user. You will be missing out on the Inexhaustible.

Who will be your main core? The students of the BE? I’m just wondering because I have seen some people substitute Shamir in for Bern and you have the dlc.

Tbh, Byleth doesn’t know their father well. However, Leonie doesn’t believe she knows him better but she wants to. She is jealous of Byleth but that doesn’t make her a bad character. I’d rather that than Fates style avatar love. It does hurt having one of my favourite characters being furious at me in the B support.

Flashbacks to Marianne getting as ‘mad’ as Marianne gets in b support

1 Like

I can’t give good advices about the characters because I’m not that good at Three Houses, but I just wanted to say I love the characters you chose because your Black Eagles Strike Force is very similar to mine. First time I didn’t recruit Felix, Sylvain and Lorenz but when I’ll replay CF I’ll recruit them and probably Leonie and Ashe too.

I also recruited Hanneman and Manuela, if I’m not wrong they are pro-Empire in the other routes and I just love them but maybe you don’t like them/you don’t find them useful.

Still, a very nice army :feh_dorotheawink:

2 Likes

Nah, I do like Hanneman and Manuela. They were even my initial picks foe the BESF. But, if it went unnoticed, I limit myeself to three member of other routes (Felix, Sylvain, Mercedes; Lorenz, Lysithea, Marianne). For this purpose, O treat Anna and Jeritza as “Church” character, but it’d be more apt to call them seasoned fighters), so Shamor, Alois, and Jeritza round thay out. I didn’t want to kill Shamir, and I wanted Alois to fight with Byleth. Since Hanneman amd Manuela disappear in the CF route, I opted yo let them leave anf save the other two. Shamir also goves me anoyher archer besides Bernie.
I may limit myself to three Ashen Wolves as well, in which case Balthus will go unrecruited.