Mystic Messenger thread

@TeaTime
@Perfain

Now we’re free to discuss MysMes as much as we want :fgo_rinlaugh:
Also Perfain let’s try to keep spoilers tagged snce Tea doesn’t know a lot about V :fgo_meltbirb:

3 Likes

The thing with V is I liked the V from AS, but if I did it was because he acts completely different from how he does in the Secret Endings, which is something I don’t really like in the first place

2 Likes
spoiler

I just feel so bad for Rika <.<

2 Likes
Spoiler

Uuups. Sorry. I think I messed thinks up. I Always thougth, he was the one woh hurted Rika. But it seems that it was the other way around @.@ It was quite some time since I last looked into this game @.@

1 Like
Summary

Yeah, she’s probably my favorite character overall. I find her incredibly interesting and I do feel sad by how she’s treated by the fans in general too. I understand why some people dislike her, but I also think V is to blame to an extent too. Like, he literally urged her to do the things she did, he literally asked her to blind him and hell I think it’s common sense you shouldn’t say those things to someone who’s mentally ill :feh_bylethconfused:

Btw you said you liked them all, but who’s your favorite/ your favorite route? :feh_myrrhthink:

3 Likes
Spoiler

year I agree. <.<

Yoosung. It is the only Route I played, but i whatched some parts of the other Routes as well. It is just so hard to find Videos about this game. <.< I remember staying up all night, so that I would not miss any Chats.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Cheritz tries to take down as many videos concerning the game as they can (just an assumption tho, I’m not sure) and it kind of makes sense. MysMes’s original story is 100% F2P and has no advertisements, so they have to make money somehow :feh_elisad:

2 Likes

But Videos are a great way for Advertisment. I do not think that Feh would be as big as it is right now if it wasn´t for the FEH tubers :thinking: If I would Play it again I would for sure buy hourglasses. It is 100% worth it. Did you play the other games from Cheriz as well? I heard they are super hard to beat. <.<

1 Like

Maybe, but being based on buying aditional content and not gacha, uploading things like Rika behind story and content like that really makes it silly to pay to see it for yourself. Imagine you really like Rika and want to see what happened to her but you don’t have enough hg? You could buy them to support Cheritz, but why would you when you can just watch it on youtube and find the CGs online? :feh_myrrhthink:
Still, I’m not sure. this is based on the fact that many endings that used to be uploaded are hard to find now, but then you might find videos about the DLCs that have been there for a year or more. Idk

And yeah, somewhat, I have played them but I haven’t completed them. Pretty much because of how thir lores are intertwined, it’s pretty interesting to see people who try to establish a connection between all the games. Dandelion, their first game is probably the ‘hard’ one. It’s not that hard, but you need to be careful about leveling up certain skills on certain charactrs routes, however, out of Cheritz’s games that’s probably the one I like the least, even when I started playing it back in 2016, I didn’t find its cast nearly as charming as MysMes’.
About Nameless, it’s not hard at all, but it reminds me a bit of Echoes because while the story is interesting, its gameplay feels like homework :feh_morganagrom:. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cast has many more assets than Dandelion’s (not sure if it matches the one from Mystic Messenger tho) but the way it was designed you just have to pick like two options per chapter with tons of dialogue in between. Idk, to me it felt a bit dull at times, but I still want to finish it because the story sounds interesting to me :fgo_meltstash:

2 Likes

I didn’t know there is a MM thread here on GP!

I downloaded the game some years ago (at the time V didn’t even had a route) and I stopped to play after playing Ray’s route. I played the game with a friend of mine but we stopped because we didn’t have the time/patience to farm hourglasses and unlock the side stories, so for example I never played Rika’s DLC, but I’d love to do it because she was my 2nd favorite character.

My favorite character and “canon” romance option is Jaehee, I’m deeply in love with Jaehee and what she represents, and I’m sad that many players don’t really care about her because her route looks more like a “friendship route” than anything else. The other characters were amazing, especially ZEN I still have all his selfies in my phone’s gallery and Ray’s route was one of my faves

Should I download the game again? Especially now that without school I can read all the chatrooms and enjoy the game even more. I wouldn’t mind to play other routes (never played Yoosung’s for example) but I’m mostly interested in Rika’s dlc, I loved her character, she was so complex and real, but at the time it was hard to enjoy her story because more than half fandom deeply hated her, now I don’t know if she’s more popular, I hope so

2 Likes

Yes! :feh_flaynsmile: There’s the anniversary event going on, and it isn’t as hard to get all the chatrooms now, for the reasons you mentioned.

1 Like

@TeaTime @Perfain @Hrafn guys I found gold :feh_kleinyes:

I think I would’ve made V Seteth and Rika Rhea tho, but it’s nice anyway

2 Likes

Also Hrafn, happy to see a fellow Rika fan! Sadly she’s still not quite… beloved and many people still hate her, but I’d say after the release of V route more Rika fans have appeared you can now suggest she had her own sad story and say that she deserved a bit of love without beind bashed by everyone
So if you’d like to talk about her with someone, know that I’d be delighted :feh_birbpeek:

If you really want to watch Rika behind story, you can most likely find it on youtube. I had a bunch of issues with it, but I guess I do recommend at least watching it if you like Rika and you can’t afford it. Btw, did you get to play Vs AE? :feh_myrrhthink:

2 Likes

OMG I love this . It is so awesome +.+

1 Like

Unfortunately at the times I didn’t know other fans of MM, just that friend of mine, and she deeply hated Rika for many reasons, to the point that she didn’t even want to talk about her. And I understand why people hate her, she’s not a saint, but she’s probably the most complex character of the game and usually girls in Otome games are very bland See the women in ZEN and Jumin route for example so I respect the devs for what they did with her

About V’s AE, I’m pretty sure it was relased in the period I decided to stop playing. I remember that my friend was disappointed by it because she didn’t appreciate V’s behavior (she doesn’t even like V’s true ending, she prefers the normal one) and rather than waiting for Ray’s AE we stopped playing. If I decide to play the game again (unfortunately I was too busy these days) I’ll totally unlock his AE because I’m curious. But Rika’s story (and Ray’s AE if it exists) takes priority

2 Likes