Never complain about fort disadvantage to me again: one idiot’s journey to tier 21

So some background…

Some of you might remember this thread

Since then I have switched my defense to a cavline (it can cheese a couple kills), but I have not upgraded my fort. (I do now use a bonus building)

I have got two wins since then, but both out of screen quits, which means they didn’t check my fort lvl most likely. People are scared of cavlines lol.

But anyways. For what I’m here for

This is me. Tier 22 in AR (actually skipped straight to tier 22 in one week, it’s not difficult), with a lvl 1 def fort. And what’s more, a lvl 3 offense fort. Because, as I’m sure a lot of people don’t know, the game doesn’t let you upgrade the ARO fort past 3 if your defense fort is only lvl 1.

Proof (and my ARD, nothing special, low effort, just all dark blessed).

Don’t fuss over the mythic. As you can see, I’m far enough into tier 22 that Yune isn’t carrying me much.

What’s more is the method I got in. No B!Ike cheese. No Oph cheese. No 10000000IQ galeforce. No vantage. No whaled units. Not even any auto dispatch this week. Just a little girl with a bad S support. (Sure she has merges but not enough to make a noticeable difference)

My only team that actually got me wins this season was:

Eir (basekit)
Peony (basekit)
Tsubasa (-spd basekit)
B!Lysith (basekit)
And ofc Bernie

now no one can complain to me that fort disadvantage makes a difference. Or that ARD matters in the slightest until tier 21

12 Likes

…my friend is complaining about fort disadvantage because he apparently can’t get the aether stones he wants (says he needs) to get to tier 21

4 Likes

He’s a good kid, just usually doesn’t put in work to get stuff done

3 Likes

Good thing is once you’re in tier 21 it’s impossible to fall out thanks to auto dispatch

7 Likes

Also, just went back to that thread and the video, wtf was that guy thinking when he advanced the bike?

3 Likes

He’s still only at about 5000 lift.

2 Likes

Tbh I dunno. Sometimes I wonder… but tbf it was like tier 15 back then.

2 Likes

You get the fort bonus for lower tiers now which is a good update. But yeah. Hitting at least tier 19 with low forts is doable for a lot of players. Tier 18 is doable for everyone imo.

But realistically, tier 21 is not really that easy to get to for the vast majority of players, even with a maxed fort. It’s not really fair to them because I’m like a tier 26/27 AR player so it’s not like I’m representative of the majority

5 Likes

Wait, nope, he’s at 8000, tier 18 of (you ever get a GP account, you know I’m talking about you, “sans”)

3 Likes

Yeah tier 18 is perfectly fine. He should be able to hit 19 without too much trouble if he actually tries a little bit tho

4 Likes

If you’re not willing to use double mythic and play AR every day, it’s SUPER HARD to get in. I personally played every day, but didn’t run double mythic because I didn’t understand stuff like that when I started (or much until around my birthday this year when I started playing more, which is also about when I made it into tier 21)

3 Likes

Yeah nah using double mythics is sort of a no brainer. Not using mythics it’s sort of like playing arena without even looking at how scoring works and expecting tier 20-21

6 Likes

…me

3 Likes

I mean it’s fine to play without using mythics, just don’t expect results. That goes for most things actually :feh_eirikathink:

4 Likes

I get around tier 19, but don’t understand the scoring at all and don’t really care, I just do it for the tp and orbs

2 Likes

No I mean I don’t understand the scoring of arena but expect to do well

2 Likes

Well if you wanna do well it’s really not that difficult to understand. BST, SP, merges, stonks.

4 Likes

I just use B!Edelgard/B!Dimitri, whichever I feel like, f!f!corrin with lightning breath aether fort def res 3 and threat atk spd 3, duofonse, and a bonus.

2 Likes

I score about 3600 every week

2 Likes

Aye, this reminds me of how I climbed up back then too. I only had the free Eir and Peony never existed yet but the horribly suboptimal terrain setups and the extreme frequency of Veronica, Rein, and BLyn, L!Alm, etc. back then made me build my FRobin. It was literally a “snipe and tank the ranged units” fiesta followed by a “bully the melee units” for an afterparty.

You do run into the IP teams of a few retired veterans but that’s fairly uncommon. What stays the same is that…

TANKING SUCKS AND PEOPLE SHOULD JUST NUKE EVERYBODY BEFORE THE DEFENSES NUKE YOU!

aight, that’s my “tanking sucks” moment for the thread now, thanks and bye.

4 Likes