New 5* tier names

Just wanted to give feedback on the new numbering system for 5 star servants.

I think this new numbering system is much better than the old one. The old system broke with the pattern set by the lower rarity servants and made the Tier 4 and 5 servants feel weaker than they actually were. Having a tier 6, in particular, made it feel like it was a tier made for servants that were so bad they needed their own listing just to single them out when in fact it was the tier one servants who needed to be singled out for being too good if anything.

The new system makes that feel more the case in that Merlin and Waver are now being set apart for being so good they get their own Tier, tier ex.

I know nothing has really changed but the numbers but I still think this was a good change.

Thank you GP!

Aye! Sometimes the visuals aren’t interpreted the way we want it to be. The interpretation that Tier 6 was a special punching bag tier really wasn’t the intention. Rather, the disparity between the Servants was just better reflected that way. Numbers are powerful and we all have preconceived notions about what they mean. Just think about all those angry people when a game gets reviewed with a 7 or 8! Or getting a 7 at University in the Uk - that’s a distinction(highest level) but considered poor form in other parts of the world.

In any case, it’s food for thought in the future. I wonder if it might be easier to introduce a tier 2.5 than to bring back a tier 6 at this point :thinking: . Well, we won’t have to worry about that for a bit anyway.

didnt know the tier list numbers got updated

honestly a 2.5 seems better yea
as someone who came from the pokemon competitive side…

i can say yea people treat the lower tiers wayyyyy too harshly :S
IMO
its better to
Ex
1>1.5>2>2.5>3

since arguably that’s kinda what the tier list represents right now anyways
if we want to keep in line with FGO theme
A+>A>A->B>C

Sounds silly to me to rescale everything and end up using decimals, but to each their own. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You might as well go with 1.0, 1.2, 1.4…

I do like the latest change to the tier list though because it sets apart the support servants a bit.
What I like about the appmedia tier lists is that they have separate tier lists for support and non-support servants. The support servants often outshine the DPS servants because of their value to the team, but without the DPS the supports would also be pretty lackluster.