New animations

So Fionn just got new animations.
What are the chances of other old servants getting new animations? Especially the 1-3 stars.
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Don’t know, but if happens, I hope leonidas, ushi, medusa lily and quartz got it since I like their performance in the anime

4 Likes

I wish for the same as well

As far as I recall, Francis Drake appeared in latest Lostbelt over in JP? Could hint at her and other pirate-y crew having a bigger role there down the line, which would warrant animation-revamps - provided they don’t redo Francis again, that could mean Mary and Blackbeard.

Outside of that, crew featured in animu tend to get looked at again - the ones mentioned by wzl hopefully sooner rather than later, Leon in particular deserves it.

2 Likes

nah she just got a role because she was the deus ex of the chapter

Spoiler

since shes posiedon natural enemy
and she weakened him for us before the story begin
and also gave jason a ship and crew since she was gonna die from her curse after she wounded posiedon
no bigger meaning lol

5 Likes

Depends on what’s going on in the story and on who gets strengthenings next, as they’ve been pairing those improvements recently. While I hope the Babylonia crew get animation updates, other anime characters have gone without updates for even longer, so they might get ignored for a while.

1 Like

If the informatión I readed somewhere on the internet isn’t wrong, supposedly every revamp takes around 6 months to do. Apparently that was discussed in some stream (probably a JP one?) so we can only speculate on other servants’ future revamps.

1 Like

I’ve heard of it taking upwards of 6 mo. to design a Servant, but animation updates? That’s new.

1 Like

Kajita next asks if it is true that it takes half a year to make a single servant, and Nasu says that it does take half a year to complete a single servant. The writer in charge takes 1-2 weeks to create the setting info, and the illustrator takes 1-2 months to handle the art. Once the illustrations are completed the action storyboards are created and sent to Delight Works, and creating the animation takes 4-5 months.

5 Likes

That’s impressive actually

Ahah, so the bulk of it in the animation, as I expected. I read it as 6 months for an animation update alone… which going by that would still track, unsurprisingly. Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

its also just 1 guy doing the sprite and animation as well so tbh
5 months is actually already quite fast :man_in_manual_wheelchair:

1 Like

Wait really? Where did you get this info?

mean it was one guy doing the sprite which was also from one of those interview
and nasu also said another place they were a small group
so not hard to imagine

either that or youll have to believe a group of ppl cant finish 1 servant animation in 5 months

1 Like

Servants are rarely released one at a time meaning that the animators are working on multiple different Servants within the same time frame. The same paragraph I referenced from mentioned that it took from February till August to animate the 7 new Servants and 3 new costumes for the Summer 2018 event. If it really was one person doing all the animations that means they would have need to finish 7 Servants and 3 costumes within half year while still also working on other nearby Servants like Skadi or Saber Diarmuid.

1 Like

I think that 1-3 star casters like Hans, Shakespeare and Mozart should get animation updates
They literally all have the same animation: holding a book, fold the arm then release it with a projectile
(well, Mozart doesn’t hold a book but you get the idea)
It’s just lame

1 Like

Be it revamp or new servant, in both cases the sprite will be (more often that not) new or remade so I can see both of them taking around the same time depending on how it goes.

I doubt it’s only one person making everything… that sounds like hell.

1 Like

Especially quartz, I hope they add a new np interlude for her, that after clear, can change her np to ultima trope pratata (the rider kick in the anime) with the animation she fuse the sun stone, fly out of earth, and land a rider kick

1 Like