New Badge Being Implemented

Over the past few months we have seen quite a bit of drama come and go, and over those times we have seen many users step up to try and handle a situation. We would like to thank those users.
We know it has been a while since a badge was added, and we have been working on the idea of a new one. A badge to given out to users mutiple times for upholding the community guidelines and supporting the community through positive action. A badge to given out to those who handled drama when it arose, and took the proper steps to end it. We are proud to unviel the Defender Badge.

We made the Defender badge to reward people who have been great by helping others in need and defusing situations before they escalate. A prime example of someone who isn’t a moderator but we trust greatly to do the right thing. Because the badge is situational, you’ll be able to earn it multiple times. You’ll also get a shout-out on the upcoming newsletter after you receive the Defender badge.

The Defender badge differs from T4 in that the Defender badge is a reward for situations when a user steps up for the community. The Defender badge is awarded by showing excellence in a situation.

That being said, we would like to thank @ShinxDaSphinx by being the first to recieve the Defender badge. Although the community may largely know Shinx as a meme’r, we would like to thank them for their unyielding behind the scenes effort in informing staff on topics and posts that do not follow the community guidelines, as well as de-escalating situations as they arise.

Congratulations Shinx, and thank you for your effort to the Gamepress community. Your new badge should be showing up soon. We hope you continue to earn many more.

12 Likes

Wait wut
Why
I didn’t do anything that well
wut
huh

8 Likes

Congrats, Shinx!

That’s awesome

3 Likes

I is confuzzled
Isn’t there much better candidates?

1 Like

The badge can be earned multiple times, so as others continue to do good, more people will earn the badge

3 Likes

Oh. Cool. It’d be nice to see people step up and try to better the community.

6 Likes

You’re a good person, and there’s not much more to it. You’re the person I would trust the most besides the moderators.

6 Likes

I don’t trust myself…

6 Likes

Trust me in trusting you in trusting yourself.

5 Likes

I’m not going to try and understand that…

3 Likes

Oh it’s no biggie. It’s not like you’re being given T4 or Moderator. Just something to give ya for being good.

4 Likes

Oh
So it’s like a dog treat
OK
Dog treat is fine

3 Likes

we prefer the term, Scooby Snack

4 Likes

Alright
I got a Scooby Snack

4 Likes

Well… that’s definitely a way to describe it, but sure.

4 Likes

I was curious why this existed :thinking:
Cool! :birbpeek:

4 Likes

I got a Scooby Snacc! :hridexcited:

4 Likes

I’m proud of you :hugs:

4 Likes

Yaaay

4 Likes