New Heroes (Seeds of Fódlan) Artworks

It turns out waiting for Solon’s art was well worth it because we also have Nótt to admire as well! :fgo_jeannecheer:

Although she’s technically not part of the banner we can leave her in :catdance:

Ingrid

Dedue

Linhardt

Marianne

Solon

Nótt

Favorite Art(s)

• All of them
  • Ingrid
  • Dedue
  • Linhardt
  • Marianne
  • Solon
  • Nótt
  • None of them

0 voters

Least Favorite Art(s)

• All of them
  • Ingrid
  • Dedue
  • Linhardt
  • Marianne
  • Solon
  • Nótt
  • None of them

0 voters

Number Rating Polls

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Ingrid’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Dedue’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Linhardt’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Marianne’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Solon’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Nótt’s art?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate this banner’s overall art?

0 voters

5 Likes

Not too crazy about any of the art this time around personally

8 Likes

Honestly, I’m just glad none of them look like they’re 8.

6 Likes

I’m mostly fine with Ingrid’s art, but her face reminds me too much of Seiros’ both in her attack and special art. Also, they’re doing the same thing with the arm in the damaged one

7 Likes

I really love this batch of art. None of them stand out to me as bad tbh

Tho Ingrid’s is probably favourite :fgo_ereshlove: it looks really great and I feel it suits her. Also adding a hint of bias and that makes for an easy favourite lol

6 Likes

Marianne’s is honestly one of my favorite arts in the game

Solon’s is nice and Nott’s is pretty good

the others im not a big fan of

5 Likes

I’m loving Kozaki Yusuke’s dynamic poses for book 5’s art

5 Likes

Ingrid. She suffers from the same baby face in her default that RA Alm does, but unlike Alm, it’s not as jarring there and it’s not very noticeable in the rest of her arts. Also, her attack pose looks off. It’d make sense if she were mid-spin, but on its own it looks awkward to pivot like that naturally to strike

Dedue. It’s not flashy, but he’s not flashy, so it works

Linhardt. His default art looks like he’s impatiently waiting for something, like a good kit which feels in character for someone who budgets their time so strictly

Marianne. Must hug. If I ever get her and she ends up hurt enough that I end up seeing her crying in her damaged art, I may just uninstall out of guilt

Solon. The GHB mage villains always get the good Special art. Dark magic is such a good aesthetic. Too bad that’s often the only good thing they get

Nott. Imposing and itching for a good fight. That’s the first impression her and Dagr give off and the art showcases that perfectly as well

6 Likes

Nott’s legs are :ok_hand: I don’t like the amount of lines on them so much I think, but the concept is A-plus.

Well I mean hard to really detail muscles without using lines… especially when it’s a lot of muscles, Now if only we were able to see her abs

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s possible. There’s a fair bit of art in feh that does it really well. Julian, for example. I don’t hate it here, it just looks a little odd and wrinkly in my imo.

I would forgive everything if abs tho this is probably true.

I’m just very surprised that Nott wears panties.

Yeah, they used a lot of heavy linework to denote the musculature in the arms and legs, but then the face is entirely clear. It just looks to me like someone pasted the face of one character on top of the body of another. It just isn’t coherent. I like the concept of her, but the execution leaves some to be desired.
On the bright side, now I only have to pull for Dagr and not(t) both :feh_flaynfish:

Most of it seems kinda boring to me, but I guess that’s because of the Academy uniform. Marianne looks good and Linhardt is nice but the others don’t strike me as unique

2 Likes

It’s time for Gramps Solon to do a Painfully honest review, oh how I enjoy this part of my week

Ingrid - I love a Good Nishiki Art but honestly it’s not hard to prefer her Summer Version’s More Fluid Poses to Nishiki’s “Stiff Standard” but it is fitting for her character, at least pre-timeskip

Dedue - Another great Job By (O)Kita Senri, Shading is, as always, really good and Eyes are Soulless as usual, if you can’t see them that is but the only way he could have been better is he was drawn by HACCAN or Ippei

Linhardt - I’m not gonna let my Attachment cloud my judgment, This art has that Eyesore of a Staff in all of them in fact I daresay that the staff is unnecessary considering how White Magic works in Fódlan. But aside from that it unfortunately lacks some of the Shading Highlights that it would normally have if he were drawn by Tobi, Nonetheless it is a great art and very fitting for him

Marianne - There are no real nitpicks I have with this art

Solon - WHERE ARE HIS VEINS?!?

Nött - I would say she’s hot but then I’d be lying when she’s not as good looking as her obviously teenaged sister

1 Like

Nótt 10/10

5 Likes

When it comes to artwork precision/level of detail, everyone wins here.
But my favourites are Marianne, such a lovely style and not fanserviced in any way, also I think being surrounded by ice as shown in her special artwork is cool, the colors are pretty.
As for Nótt, it comes naturally that I like her design, there’s also that dynamic between all her poses that looks magnificent but the special piece is great, I would’ve probably used a slightly different pose for the damaged #art but I don’t see it as a big issue anyway.

6 Likes

Really liking Marianne’s special art. The effect is just…beautiful.

1 Like

For once we agree

Marianne arts i think is the one i don’t like the most…Not a huge fan of the stile.

On the other hand I think Nòtt is the one I prefer the most. I love the details of the muscles they seem so real and in addition she looks feminine which is a thing a really appreciate, also because a more muscolar woman does not mean that she has to be “tomboy” .
I think i prefer her (visually) a lot more than her sister.

2 Likes