New info from HG: The new Lava, “Lava the Purgatory” details preview

A few minutes ago, HG released more information about the new Lava, “Lava the Purgatory”. Looks so cool!

So, she’s still a AoE caster, but with a rarity of 5*.

She does have a new talent:
After the first time she’s deployed, she gains a certain amount of SP instantly. (Kinda like Eyja’s talent I guess)
And when she’s in the field, friendly caster operators will start with more SP. (This one is like Bagpipe’s talent)

And about her skills…

Her 1st skill:
When this skill is activated, her attack range is boosted (The original word for this simply means “boosted” , no idea whether her attack range will be larger/wider or longer). Her ATK is increased, and can attack 2 enemies simultaneously.

1st skill preview. The new enemy will likely be one of the new enemies for CN upcoming SideStory.

Her 2nd skill:
*Upon activation, she stops attacking, and select the operator with the highest HP within her attack range, make this operator and herself both covered with a ring of fire, dealing a certain amount of arts DMG to enemies surrounding them per second.

2nd skill preview.

Note:“Lava the Purgatory” will come with the new SideStory FOR FREE.

8 Likes

So a new alt basically, that’s nice~

1 Like

How to make aoe casters viable? Give them “true aoe” dps potential. Fingers crossed her S2 numbers would be just as exceptional as the visual impact.

2 Likes

Hope so. 2x splash damage would be really powerful, if HG do things right.

2 Likes

God damn, that’s one way to make AoE Casters more enticing to use. :fgo_shock:

Even her S1 is pretty damn great if used from a spot where she targets two lanes at the same time. S2 is pretty much like Ifrit’s S3, only around Operators rather than Ifrit’s straight line.

2 Likes

After the first time she’s deployed, she gains a certain amount of SP instantly. (Kinda like Eyja’s talent I guess)
And when she’s in the field, friendly caster operators will start with more SP. (This one is like Bagpipe’s talent)

Depending on how big the starting SP Boost is this could be really good. Even if it’s something like +6 at max potential + E2, it could enable some pretty interesting Helidrop strats like instant Volcano Eyja, faster KoC on Mostima and SE on Ifrit

1 Like

I guess it’s probably not a completely alt, but a brand new AoE 5* caster. She might very well be the first 5* AoE that has a chance to get on a CC team, not 100% sure before her stats come out tho.

3 Likes

And she’s a welfare too, this might be the first really good welfare other than Grani and Bibeak

2 Likes

Volcano says hi :fgo_gudako:

Tbf, I’ve seen videos with AoE Casters being used. Typically Mostima for her brief S2 stun or the slight push of her S3, both being used to buy just another few seconds for something else to be done.

3 Likes

That S2 animation is sick, I’ll be looking forward for her

2 Likes

Yeah, especially for starters’ team I guess.
If her stats are high enough, she has a chance to be the “beginners’ 5* Volcano”. :ak_redwut:

1 Like

I’ve seen videos with AoE casters as well. Perhaps I still don’t know AoE casters well enough to put them on my CC team. :ak_redwut:

1 Like

AoE Casters are there to be the “yeah I guess” op you put down when you ran out of DPS ranged unit

1 Like

Game: your operators are all down and in cooldown, but you still have a AoE Caster on standby.

Me: Yeah, I guess?

:ak_redwut:

1 Like

Well, a lot of the AoE Casters currently in game (Global and CN) aren’t really the kind you’d bring to a fight with such strict requirements and limitations. So a lot of people might not be willing to put in the time to make a team that works with them. Not when there are other, easier, options open to them.

1 Like

Me: sees her 2nd skill
My Brain:

3 Likes

Man, I wanna rewatch Bleach. But gatcha games take all my spare time :catcry:

3 Likes

Get back to me when you play at least 3 :fgo_coffee:

2 Likes

Totally agree. And when we have to use AoE casters, most of the time we are aiming for their skill effects like stun or slow.

Their low range and attack speed is honestly why they have suck a low value in CC

1 Like