New (Legendary) Unit Suggestion: Altina, the First Apostle

Now that I’ve fired up my unit suggestions again, I’m back. New week, new unit. This week, I bring to you a request by @Lain.

Altina: First Apostle

One of the strongest warriors under Ashera’s command, Altina was chosen to lead the war against Yune, alongside Soan and Dheginsea.

STATS
HP: 41
ATK: 38
SPD: 36
DEF: 22
RES: 32
MOV: Infantry

BST: 169

SKILLS
Weapon: Altina’s Blessed Blades (Sword) - “MGT: 16. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked. Disables foe’s skills that guarantee foe’s follow-up attack and foe’s skills that prevent unit’s follow-up attack. Exclusive.”
Support:
Special: Astra - “Boosts damage dealt by 150%.”
A: Swift Impact - “If unit initiates combat, grants ATK+6, SPD+10 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.”
B:
C: Chaos Undone - “At start of turn, if foes within 3 columns centered on unit use magic, inflicts -5 on the highest of those foe’ Atk/Spd/Def/Res through their next action. (When calculating highest stat, treats Atk as -15. Calculates each stat penalty independently.) Exclusive.”

Not gonna lie, Lain. You gave me a challenge, as I had ■■■■ all to work with. So I had to try and base her kit around her lore, that she is the sole Beorc championing the goddess Ashera against the goddess of chaos, Yune. To that extent, I made her an anti-mage meant to combat the likes of Yune (while also, ironically, empowering her as well, befitting their role as enemies). As the first Legendary (maybe she should be Mythic? I feel that should go to Ashera) unit I have drafted, Altina fills the role of a fast, hard-hitting anti-mage.

REASONING
Altina’s Blessed Blades: Altina stands as the initial wielder of the blessed blades Ragnell and Alondite. As such, she inherits the initial effect of both, Distant Counter, as well as the ability to Null Follow, seeing as she has two swords. Y’know. She just swings the other one. That said, I had little else to go on, as I could not find much detailing any special properties that the swords utilize. That said, it also fit in her role combating the goddess Yune, as the followup proc’d by her tome, and triggered by Altina’s C-Skill, is nullified by Ashera’s blessing.
Swift Impact: As a Trueblade, Altina is fastband hits hard. As one of the three champions of Ashera, she must be even moreso. Let’s be honest, we all knew a skill like this would eventually follow Sturdy Impact. I just think that it fits Altina’s profile.
Chaos Undone: As one of Ashera’s champions in the battle against Yune, I had a bit of trouble drafting a unique passive that would make her an effective anti-mage. One option I considered was an A that had a Lunar Arc effect when fighting Mages, but that seemed…underwhelming, considering that many mages already have poor defense and she’s a sword unit. Ultimately, I decided to base an ability on Yune’s “Chaos Named,” but turned it back against her. Well, really all mages. It also ends up proc’ing the ATK boost on Yune’s tome. Perfect, for rivals in a war.

Thoughts on my idea? Comments, maybe? Concerns? Lemme know, feedback is welcomed, especially 'cuz I had literally nothing to go on for this beyond lore and the stats for the Trueblade class. If you have someone you want me to take a crack at, feel free to ask that, too.

Archived Unit Suggestions

Batch 1

Kaze, Easygoing Ninja
Aversa, the Dark One
Vaike, Zero to Hero
Inigo, the Flower Picker
Shinon, the Deadly Adept
Kjelle, the Fair Fighter
Panne, the Proud Taguel
Tatiana, the Saint of Duma
Kana(♂), the Child of Dragons
Kana(♀), Dragon Spawn
Velouria, the Wolf Cub

Batch 2

Kellam, the Oft-Forgotten
Walhart, the Conqueror
Hardin, the Dark Emperor
Gharnef, Dark Pontifex
Astram, Midia’s Pride
Reina, Morbid Fixation
Rudolf, Rigelian Emperor
Gangrel, Mad King
Berkut, Duma’s Knight
Nergal, Dark Druid
Say’ri, Blade Princess

Batch 3

Kiran, Legendary Summoner
Lianna, Aytolesian Princess
Anankos, Silent Dragon
Atlas, Village Protector
Rinkah, Scion of Flame

4 Likes

I would’ve made her weapon be a distant counter with a brave effect no matter the phase.

Also, Swift impact is 100 times better than darting blow 4 so I think that it wouldn’t happen.

1 Like

I initially considered that option, but given her SPD, it seemed more prudent to make her immune to the effects of, for example, Wary Fighter. Plus, we have mix-phase Brave weapons on non-Legendary units already. Wanted to go for something a little different from those.

The problem with that argument is that Sturdy Impact already outasses DB4 (2 less ATK for 10 more DEF), and will outclass an eventual Armored Blow 4 (if it follows the same buff conventions). Impact Skills > Blow Skill ( bow chika bow-wow). It seems as likely to me as Sturdy Impact did previously.

1 Like

But swift impact gives 10 spd while darting 4 gives 9. It outclasses it in every way. Deathblow 4 at least gives 2 more attack…

Plus you could reallocate sone spd to defense.

2 Likes

The fact is : Sturdy blow isn’t a skill that’s very played because it’s giving a bit of offensive and defensive power, and sturdy impact is more here for defensive purpose (with the double deny and +10def) than pure offensive purpose, that’s why he is pick over DB sometimes : for the defensive upgrade

Swift sparrow is better in this aspect because he give all offensives stats instead of a mixed bag of stats.

Swift impact would give pure offensive stats AND a very good defensive buff with the double deny, plus it would make skills like atk/spd solo useless. It’ll never see the light because he will be too broken. It’ll be more +6atk +10spd without the double deny, but even that powercreep Darting blow 4 by 1spd and 6atk. So it’ll never give thoses stats. I don’t see any swift impact be released because it’ll be way much broken than sturdy impact

On the others skills : She’ll never have this prf because it’s too busted. A DC weapon with null follow-up build in? I ■■■■■■■ take all your stock!

Her C slot is basically Yune’s C slot vs mage, so it could be plausible

But how much DEF would Armored Blow 4 have to have to outclass Sturdy Impact and make it a more desireable choice? Far as I can see, even if DB4 give 2 more ATK, Sturdy Impact is more desireable.
Also, far as I can see for the ability buff, the Impact skills grant a buff equal to X Blow 3 for one stat, and a majorly increased buff to the “primary” stat of the skill. Namely, DEF for the one that does currently exist, SPD for this one. I imagine that, eventually, there will be a variant that buffs ATK by 10 while buffing another stat by 6 instead, in which case Death Blow will be inferior. There’ll probably be others that buffs other stats in the same manner. SPD+6/DEF+10, for example.
These skills will all probably remain quite difficult for many to acquire, though.

NOTE TO ALL:
I am currently at work, so there will be gaps between my ability to reply.

It’s still a skill that activates on initiation. SI may be a bruiser skill, but it is an offensive skill nonetheless. Just like Swift Sparrow, Sturdy Blow, Mirror Strike, Steady Blow, Swift Strike, and Bracing Blow; it’s near-inevitable that there will be an Impact version of each. And the ramifications for each will be nearly the same as Sturdy Inpact was for ATK/DEF Bond.
You’re also looking at this through only the lens of post-SI i stead of pre-SI. Pre-SI, a skill that granted Deathblow 3, Armored Blow 3(+166%) and a followup cancel on initiation was considered to be broken. However, Tibarn still brought the skill into the game and set the precedent for all the other variants to eventually follow, so it’s not as though I made the skill up from nothing. You’re looking at this post-SI using a pre-SI lens.

As for her swords: would it have been any different if it were the mix-phase Brave effect that I had initially considered and Lead had suggested? Then have easy-DC quads? They’re Legendary weapons, of course they’re a touch above standard weapons. It’s in the same weapon tier as Prayer Wheel (all buff and move+1) and Lunar Arc (SPD+ and DEF Burn).

sees any thread about promoting Altina

2 Likes

The Impact skill looks like if you were hit by a car, which can be accurate being she blessed by a goddess. I love Altina.

I’d like to suggest you to do any of Ulki, Jannaf, Tormod or Sephiran. They’re all great characters who deserve a place in FEH fingers crossed

I’ll add them to the list. I do wanna try and get one for Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude before their release, but requests are always high on the priorities list.

1 Like

Thanks! there is no rush, you can do the 3H’s (and anyone you want) before <3