New player need team advice

Hey, I am really confused about how my team should look like, i got some 5 stars and I dunno which ones to focus on, I’ll really appreciate an advice.

2 Likes

Valentine’s Ike, Reinhardt, Veronica, and Eir

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice, how bad is hector?

1 Like

Hector is pretty good, it’s just that it’s recommended to balance your damage types between physical and magical. Ike and Eir are both physical, and Veronica and Reinhardt are magical damagers.

3 Likes

A basic way to make a team is through both color balance and role balance. It’s okay to have some color overlapping, as well as roles, but you don’t want, for example, 3 blue units that all deal magic damage in one team.

One thing you could do is…

• Veronica
  • Brave Alm
  • Fjorm
  • Peony

You lack a green unit, however, so you should probably make that of some priority.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you very much

1 Like

Just got this green boy, any good?

2 Likes

You’re going to have multiple teams eventually, but you haven’t summoned much yet, so you don’t have as much choice for a single team in the beginning. But assuming you want a single starting team…given your current roster, B!Alm is your most flexible sword unit for now–he is a hyper offense hero with a great stat spread and has 2 move range. Fjorm compliments him as a more defensive lance unit (plus she has ranged counter in her weapon). He is more physically tanky and she is more magically tanky. So a core 2 of B!Alm and Fjorm are great to start with. Just note that B!Alm benefits a lot from being apart from his allies while Fjorm benefits most from being near them. If this bothers you, consider L!Ike or V!Ike instead–just note that L!Ike is pretty slow for a tank and lacks Res, and V!Ike only has 1 movement and would need the Armored Boots S Sacred Seal to keep up.

For the healer slot, B!Camilla and B!Veronica are among if not the best healers in the entire game–the former is a fantastic hyper-offensive healer, the latter has 3 movement and an amazing buff/debuff weapon. You’ll only want one of them on your team at a time, but they’re both very strong healer choices.

As for the 4th member…if you pick B!Camilla for healer, you’ll have magic damage mostly covered initially but if you want more then Reinhardt is pretty effective with a +Atk IV, Death Blow 3 and Moonbow. He takes some time to build up since he doesn’t have those in his base kit, plus he relies on a dancer like Peony or his allies to position him after he attacks or else he’s an easy Enemy Phase target. I’d advise against having too many fliers on one team; Peony and Eir are both great heroes but running one or both of them alongside B!Camilla might be a bad idea if you run into archers that cannot be killed outright. But Eir and Peony are both great choices for a 4th slot initially.

Personally among all the 5* heroes you currently have, I’d use B!Alm, Fjorm, B!Veronica or B!Camilla, and Peony or Eir. It depends on the enemies and map layout.

Long term, Peony and Eir will serve you well into the future (F2P guides, Light season in Aether Raids/Mjölnir’s Strike, not to mention they’re overall great units outside those modes that fit well on any team). Once you finish Heroes’ Path you get access to a free B!Ike and he can be your main axe hero going forward. I see you just got Surtr as well, he’s fantastic early game but loses effectiveness once you get into challenging the higher-difficulty maps. Give him Armored Boots and he will flatten almost anything in PvE.

3 Likes

Very good, especially starting out. He may take some getting used to because he’s an armored unit (thus limited mobility when compared to the other movement types) but he can pack quite the punch and tank when needed (provided the enemy isn’t something like a red mage).

2 Likes

Seeing as you just got Surtr, he can be run as your green unit :thinking:
For the other units I would probably run Valentine’s Ike, Reinhardt, and Peony to balance out the rest of the team. :feh_birbpeek:

1 Like

My V!Ike is already 40+1 but i agree he’s slow, lol i saw you typing for like 15min, thought it was bug or something. Thank you very much for your time!

2 Likes

yo hes on a roll, and not a cinnamon, theyve got a pretty decked out team for a starting player tbh

What about healer? I really like Veronica (she’s strong also) and also surter & v!ike together is just too slow no?

2 Likes

surter and v!ike are armored unit so it makes sense on why theyre slow, also veronica is top tier healer if im not mistaken so thats why shes strong

Veronica is also a great choice, but only Surtr would really need the healing. Valentine’s Ike has Radiant Aether & Special Fighter, and Reinhardt & Peony shouldn’t be tanking anyway. :thinking:
You could replace Peony with Veronica, but Peony can help a lot with mobility.

1 Like

and with that fortify res, cant forget about that xd

2 Likes

if i where to make your team, id put b!alm as the FLEXable sword unit that can actually go places

Peony can back him up with her buffs and that res just in case theres a mage

b!Veronica since shes just a pretty op healer

and Surtr because hes one REALLY annoyingly hard-to-kill-if-you-dont-hit-hard unit that can take hits like a shield and debuff a ton, and his weapon is just concerningly questionable

but dont take my advice for it. its what i would do if i where in your shoes

1 Like

Thank you, im going to take all the advices here.

2 Likes

also welcome to the gamepress community :D and enjoy playing FEH!

1 Like