New things you learned about servants due to Setsubun?

Thanks to setsubun, you really get to use a wide variety of characters. Servants that you have probably had for a very long time, but never really needed to use because you had an SR or SSR that does their job.

For me it has to be:
Shakespeare: 20% targettable NP gain
Sasaki Kojiro: Crit gawd
Paracelsus: Nice battery, even at level 1
Gilles (saber): NP DOES NO DAMAGE WOW

10 Likes

Apperently caster cu has battery on his first skill. Also saber gilles critting with event ce hurts hard

7 Likes

Mephistopheles has a glorious victory laughter. Never heard his victory laugh before because he was always an Outrage sacrifice.

13 Likes

It’s nice seeing people recognize things about servants they’ve been sleeping on.

For me, I’m super impressed with Caligula’s facecard damage. Also, he has a mana burst variant on a 3-turn cooldown at max, which is super nice. Great steroids too. Don’t even need to bother with his NP.

Um, Fionn’s teamwide NP gain boost is really nice against enemies with high hitcounts.

Circe’s NP gain gets worse every time I use her.

I forget Mata Hari has 2 sources of def down.

8 Likes

Wait, really? You mean I’ve been wasting her potential while she makes up the body count to 3?

I’ve learned that several servants I’ve ignored have team skills like tactics, and boudica is another arts buffer. Sometimes it’s enough for the kscope holder to KO the wave after they get a bit beefier

3 Likes

Yeah. S2 is AOE and S1 is ST. Her S2 is like the proto version for Shuten’s charm.

I knew about Boudica but only just finished her RUQ.

2 Likes

Sherlock + Shinjuku Avenger + Dantes + event CE = WTF STARS & CRITS UP THE WAZZO

6 Likes

Blackbeard is actually kind of fun to use, gameplay wise.

Cas gil works much better than I imagined with emiya… with both their star gen buffs I got 70+ stars for both of their nps individually… the crits following those nps were very satisfactory.

8 Likes

um…caster gilles is my last AOE resource and kind of usable when I ran out AOE casters? :thinking:

8 Likes

I learned that Caligula tends to hit roughly as hard as Lancelot berserker or Heracles with his buffs up. But he usually squishes pretty fast too.

1 Like

Well, Mata Hari charms men and Shuten uses alcohol to charm whoever, that’s the only difference aside from the charm chance scaling with level for Mata Hari.

@Ruler_Martha_saved_m Yes, Caster Cu is great, I just lack NP levels unfortunately. Also being max bond has benched him outside of events like this. And with Saber Gilles I haven’t tried him with the event CE yet, but with his buster buff and Caesar’s crit buff he did some nice crit damage.

@L11 Ah, but have you witnessed his NP card voice line? Pretty much all of his voice lines are great actually, just certain ones stand out a bit more. Mephistopheles is underrated when it comes to voice lines, he doesn’t get mentioned as much as the Dio references and laughing enthusiasts, but his voice lines are just so dramatic and silly it’s hard not to like them.

1 Like

you ppl :pensive::mask:

3 Likes

Diarmuid has weirdly great star gen and hit counts to match.

4 Likes

THIS. It was a very unpleasant surprise xD

6 Likes

Came here to say this :smiley: His voice lines are terrific.

Other things:

Geronimo’s NP does a reasonable amount of damage
Billy isn’t too shabby when he’s critting

2 Likes

Damn straight he is

10 Likes

Babbage is actually good, if it wasn’t for those loud noises he makes i’d use him more often.

2 Likes

Mephistopheles has a glorious victory laughter.

He’s Dio after all.

4 Likes

Jing Ke is actually a solid fun burst assassin. I’ve been running her with Assassin Scathach for rider waves and Jing can crit and NP the daylights out of wave 2.

Wow, Marie’s NP and damage really are lackluster…

Hector has tactics at level 1, so he makes great fodder. Also forgot that he exists.

Edit: and Alexander is a top tier 3*rider with his quick and attack buffs. So much fun to combo with Ushiwakamaru.

3 Likes