Next CD breaking the pattern?

Seems like Niantic has dropped a hint to the next CD being either Psychic or Ghost-type. Any thoughts or preferences? I, for one, hope it’s Litwick, but that’s solely because I hatched a perfect one yesterday.

1 Like

Would not be surprised if it’s abra. Think the crystal ball gives it away that its gonna be psychic.

Litwick, I think, is a little too soon.

Best guess is probably Abra. Technically the shiny for that has been released already at one of the Go Fest events, but that was quickly retracted, and it fits the mold for a CD feature. What move it would get, I’m not sure; it would have to be something pretty special to make it really meta-relevant again.

Oh yeah, it absolutely is too soon. As I said, I only want it to be that because of the perfect I got yesterday. Beyond that, Abra is far more likely. As for its move… Maybe Kinesis? It’s a status move in the MSG, but Mirror Coat is as well and that’s a charge move here so there’s precedent :man_shrugging:

that’d be lit

1 Like

I would have said ghastly but it’s shiny has been released litwick would be the logical choice or abra I can’t really think who else it would be I wonder if we will be voting for the next CD again

Mirror Coat is actually an attacking move, just a rather unconventional one. It only works if the user was attacked with a special attack, and then throws back double the damage the user received. Counter is the same, just for physical attacks.

And as for the move, if they include a new move, maybe Dream Eater? Even though it ain‘t Zams signature move :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m still going with the safe guess that it’s Serperior… Otherwise, probably voting again (maybe Deino?).

1 Like

Oh, right. I must have been thinking Light Screen/Reflect, my mistake. Dream Eater would’ve been my next thought, though. It makes sense, though it’s more of a general purpose Psychic move, it could make a decent CD move for Gengar if that ever gets a CD as well

1 Like

The problem with Niantic sticking to that is that the current rate would force gen 8 starters (at minimum) into the game well before the generations before that get their breathing room as they do now. It would make more sense for more “random” CDs to be done before resuming the pattern of alternating starters

2 Likes

I think that‘s they reason why we got to vote for the last CD. I mean, it was the choice between a rerun with a new move, an already released Shiny with an new off type move we don‘t know how it would‘ve ended up, a complete PvP related pick actually containing two forms of one Pokemon, and something completely new. I think we will see more votes in the future, and I believe that Machamp, Dragonite and Ninetails will still happen someday how they were supposed to happen this month had they won

1 Like

I hope is not Abra, they can just unlock its shiny in an event and Alakazam is very outclassed at the moment to a CD move rising them for something more than a Machamp raid where you have more than 5 cheaper alternatives. If it’s Abra, I’ll dedicate the day to sleep more and get it on December. Litwick is way better due to being a formidable attacker and a very rare spawn, unlike Abra who is prerty bland for me.

1 Like

I mean, its already 2nd in psychic dps (not counting deoxys for obvious reasons). It’ll never get on mewtwo’s level, but it could get close for those who missed psystrike mewtwo raid week.

3 Likes

They will end like my CD Salamance…gaining dust, because I got a team of Rayquaza some months later.

1 Like

most likely, but not every CD can be meta-earth-shattering.

3 Likes

I personally hope it’s Litwick with a new ghost fast move (Curse or Confuse Ray?) but if it’s Abra, I hope they bring back legacy Psychic Alakazam.

1 Like

I’m going with Abra and I was also thinking the CD “move” would be Psychic. Yes it’s not a new move but it is a legacy move that is significantly better than Future Sight after the buff.

3 Likes

I’d love an Abra CD, but I’m also wondering if they’ll really make Psychic as the CD exclusive move. How would players who have legacy Alakazam react?

3 Likes

^ this. CD Mons that rank as 2nd best for their type are still plenty useful. I know quite a few people who will have Outrage Salamence in their lineups the next time a Dragon t5 shows up because they don’t have the resources to make a fleet of Rayquaza.

The same will be true of Alakazam if they decide to go with Abra CD and give it a strong move. #2 picks are still valuable for patching holes in teams.

7 Likes

I own a hundo Alakazam with Psychic that I evolved from an egg hatch in 2016. I’m perfectly fine with the move no longer being legacy and giving more trainers access to it. With Niantic recently removing legacy status on moves for several different Mons, I’ve been expecting this to happen for Alakazam as well.

4 Likes