Normally I don't ask about ivs,but yeah I'm somewhat conflicted

I’m merging my b ike to +5 for AR and can’t decide between +hp, +res, or +atk,which 1 would you consider overall more useful ? Im leaning towards hp or res,but wanted 2nd opinion from people that actually use him in AR.

What’re you doing with over 40 Mathildas

I think +HP is best for him, even if I haven’t used him myself. His weapon already reduces most damage he takes beside AoEs, so it’ll help him soak more. That’s what I’ve heard, anyway.

5 Likes

I personally would take Atk.
The “problem” with B!Ike is that he’s a monster tank, but can’t dish out much damage, which people have some problems with as much as I saw.
Considering that you keep Aether on him, +Atk can quite help him with damage output I would say.

5 Likes

Lol whenever I send her home she comes right back to haunt me,so now I just manual her and I always made sure to keep enough to +10 incase she gets a good refine(is it good ? :thinking:) since she was one of my most used units in SOV.

Usually I treat +hp boons as garbage,but on some units it’s quite good and it would give him overall more bulk since he’s only mid merged.

3 Likes

Well, it’s a Slaying Lance with a Spectrum +3 invisible buff to her and her Ally Support partner whenever they’re within two spaces of each other. I think it’s pretty good.

Those few points of HP can make all the difference… I’d see what someone more experienced has to say, personally.

1 Like

I use HP on mine (had the choice of Neutral or +Atk) and I like him being able to avoid some HP debuffs due to his higher HP (which also helps his bulk both physically and magically).

1 Like

Wow !
A mutual +5 just from being within to spaces,she could use dc alot better now

1 Like

What b skill you use ? I’m limited to qr3 or dull range since I don’t have a Nailah nor will to fodder duo Ephraim to him.

I use a +Atk B!Ike with B!Lucina support with double Eir on Light seasons, and I think +Atk is the way to go overall. It helps your Aethers do more damage and heal more, and there isn’t the problem with reduced bang for your buck due to his damage reduction that you get with defensive stats. With that said, his Res is a bit low if you plan to use him on Astra seasons, so I don’t think it would be a bad idea to use +Res or +HP, but it will be slightly worse than +Atk with Eir support on Light seasons. If you’re going to re-bless him and B!Lucina each season and use them all the time, I’d probably go with +Atk as the best all-around option, since there will eventually be a Res-boosting Astra mythic hero to patch up his Res.

3 Likes

I use Lull Atk/Def for my B slot because I like it better than Null C-disrupt in most cases, since there are usually 0-1 Razzle Dazzle staves on the defense and rarely any dangerous “sweepers”. But, I “only” get T25-26, so T27 might be different. RyomaLobster seems to really like his Null C-disrupt in T27.

Without either of those B slots, I think the best option is Quick Riposte (which you should normally use as his seal) with the Fierce Stance seal (or Warding Stance for Astra seasons). If you waded into this last banner and got an OG Mareeta to fodder Close Call, I’ve seen some interesting discussion about that with dual Peony for some serious speed stacking, but that’s a lot to fix something that isn’t broken and has somewhat awkward positioning on player phase for a tank like him.

3 Likes

+atk/neutral/hp/ res/def in that order imo.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input,I just hit T 22 today,so I’m trying to play AR a little more seriously since I have the resources to do so.

1 Like

Forgot to add,I’m merging OG Mareeta so it’s a shame I can’t make any use out of that skill outside of some fun tanking with her :joy:

2 Likes

Cool! I started taking AR seriously a couple of months ago, and it’s a lot of fun. I was so tired of always using the same arena core and trying to find weird ways to get my bonus unit to get KOs. Now I’m excited about the new arena scoring system, and I might actually try hard in that mode again.

2 Likes

I use him +atk, however it depends on how you intend him to work. In my case, I use him to bait dazzling staff healers, Renhadts and B! Lyns, and to take them down, so I don’t only want him to survuve but to also retaliate and hit hard, and so my Ike wants as much atk as possible (and QR sacred seal xd)
About hp, my +5 Ike has 50 hp (55 with SS) so I do think he has enough to avoid most panics and Aversas (at least he will once he is +10ed OwO) however the choice is ultimately yours

1 Like

I’d say +Speed is best
Then +Res
Then +Attack

1 Like

I ran the various boons he can have through the matchup simulator. He wins significantly more matchups with a +Atk IV. Every single other IV performs the exact same. You can’t lose with +HP or +Res so pick your favorite. +HP can help him avoid Aversa debuffs so that’s not a bad option.

But if you snag a +Atk copy, it’s his best boon.

2 Likes

I use B!Ike in both light and astra seasons as my super tank unit. Both of them are +10 and +res.

From a tanking perspective, I think +res is slightly better than +hp since more res works better against AoE specials (remember, it is (atk - res) x 1.5).

+atk is generally the safer option. But if you are determined to use him primarily for AR, go for +res.

1 Like

He specifically wants to use B!Ike in AR though. So with proper support, I don’t think atk is as much of an issue as staying alive in high tier AR.

Brave Ike is an interesting one in that he has different IV choices depending on what you want.
It all comes down to preference, really.
+HP is the one that increases his general bulk the most.
+Res makes him better against AoEs.
+Atk lets him secure more kills & heal slightly more with Aether.
Personally I run QR & HP/Res because I don’t want to kill my Nailah just yet. He does pretty well in AR with Brave Lucina, the only things that stop him right now are AoEs & Eliwood/Brave Roy. Healers aren’t too much of a problem because they can’t dish out enough damage. :thinking:
I’d personally say +Res or +Atk, but that depends on whether you want him to tank AoEs or not with double Eir.

1 Like