Np2 Nursery rhyme?

Since she only gains a little damage bonus and her drain rng chance incrase is it worth to make her np2 or better burn to get chaldea lunchtime from the shop? (couldnt mlb it last time and only got 1 copy)
I have scheherazade, casgil and np2 helena as other aoe casters.

Y’know, I have the exact same dilemma. I got NP2 Rhyme from spooks, and I really have no plans to ever use her. Burning SRs just feels wasteful, though, and by the time I accumulate enough spare MPs to actually buy that many copies of lunchtime, we’ll probably have started getting the free RPs for duplicate welfares.

1 Like

It’d be relatively important to mention the other AOE Casters, she may well be your only one with a 30% or higher charge, which allows her to farm much more easily despite her noodle damage. Before even getting into how frankly overrated RP are before bond grails become a thing. And heck, even if you had CasNero, sometimes you don’t always need some SSRs high firepower (e.g. my frequently using Janta instead of Karna), where her lower Cost comes into play pretty nicely. I say this as someone with NP2 Helena, CasGil, Nito, and others. Besides, she’s still a DPS, it’s different from e.g. burning NP2/3+ Stheno which is inherently far less likely to bring value to your Chaldea given the bulk of her value being loaded into her skills and NP charm (and the later buff removal functioning perfectly fine at NP1 or NP5).

Heck, if you played Summer 2 earlier, you straight up just need to wait for the rerun and play Medb’s Prison Warden quest again to get exactly enough for CLT without burning someone you will always have a bad chance of getting 'cause this game’s rates are trash. Never mind that, to be entirely honest as someone that’s had it since many months back, its bonuses are overrated. The biggest farm period in lotteries will never see you using it unless you’re at like 4/5 slot + 1 spare after MLBing a thing, we have events far more frequently than we have downtime altogether, and it adds up to like a week’s worth of faster bond gain or something like that, which isn’t very remarkable IMO.

1 Like

I don’t particularly want Lunchtime for my own use, I just want people to actually look at my support characters. ;-)

3 Likes

Won’t be looked at nearly as much w/o specifically CLT/Tea Time Waver/Merlin or Mona/Bella Lisa Ozy/others tbh, lol. That’s the overall default.

3 Likes

I went through a few months where I mostly got NRhyme spooks and currently have her at NP4. She’s a little magical chainsaw that is very good for assassin farming, given her battery skill and nice NP charge capability from an arts crit. If you don’t currently have an AoE caster who can clear assassin waves, I think she’s a fine investment.

1 Like

I would personally go ahead and NP2 Nursery Rhyme. I just don’t like the idea of burning Gold Servants unless you already have them at NP5.

2 Likes

Hmm… I don’t actually have another AoE caster, so perhaps I should consider her, after all! See, this is why I am uncomfortable burning gold servants, never know when you might find a use for one!

She’s pretty far down the list, though. Still need to finish leveling Ishtar, Lancer Alter, and Lobo, then get the rest of Merlin and Waver’s skills maxed. Gonna be a while…

EDIT: I am an idiot, I forgot my NP2 Nitocris. Poor Rhyme is gonna be in storage for a while…

1 Like

got np1 Ĺźehrazat, caster gilgamesh
got np2: helena
other than these rest of my aoe casters are np5 3- stars with the exception of waver at 1 and caster gilles at np4

Vs bronze-and-sometimes-silver mobs Nito is just flatly superior, given how flexible her battery allows her to be for farming. Cursery Rhyme doesn’t have that same privilege. Nor does Scheh, though she later becomes a great King-killer but she still ain’t exactly a farmer outside of expensive refund comps (which you miiight be able to do? Still expensive as a baseline though). Still, her 30% charge gives her value if you’re set on using her for w/e reasons.

It’s not the most amazing thing at all really (lol lack of in-kit NP-boosting steroids/crit-reliance), but NP2 Nursery with 2K HNS, with Waver and L10 Plugsuit vs neutral attr. Assassin gives you a damage range of 60-73K. That’s at least Fine enough for lantern farming in Camelot/Babylonia/Shimousa, gears in Barrel Tower, gears/roots in Tower’s Top Floor, grease and chains in Northern Cliff, and other places I’m too lazy to check.

(Naturally this runs up against the issue that there are non-gacha comps for all of these that are just as speedy and/or more reliable, such as Sieg’s general usefulness, provided one solely cares about turn and speed optimization… although I know full well not everyone does, and who knows, maybe some would sooner run with a cute book daughter instead. Shrug Also I didn’t check the attributes for every single listed node, but the general ballpark is there and feasible which is what’s important.)

2 Likes

Don’t burn Nursery Rhyme. She’s a good girl. Plus book burning is never a good look. But really, I would just leave her in storage until you actually have the MP for Chaldea Lunchtime and then reevaluate who you want to burn. Like The_Cheeseman said, by the time you have enough you might be able to burn spare welfares for the RPs.

Make that literally any rider with Mona/Bella Lisa. I have it on Maid Alter with only base skills and that’s basically the only reason I get FP outside of events.

2 Likes

I would do it, i never use my NP2 Nursery. The damage upgrade is pretty bad (3k) :fgo_jeannu:

Even more so with an NP2 Helena there.

2 Likes

fellas thanks to thanksgiving banner now i got another copy of nursery rhyme and nitocris what should i do?

IMO, upgrade both. Nito is especially worth it.

2 Likes

Yeah, Nito NP2 is awesome, mine murders first two waves of hands/doors with no problem. You’ll never regret upgrading her.

Nito’s someone I’d eagerly take to NP5 really. Granted, you have like 90% of her power unlocked at NP3 (and similar numbers elsewhere), but I’m never turning down more damage for DPS’, even if I never use’em.

Also please come off-rate-up once more Nito…

1 Like