Null follow up + impact interaction

Maybe this is common knowledge but it’s not something I ever knew for sure til now.

Impact skills are factored first, then NFU. I know this is true now from experience. So if your unit has Impact and NFU, and the opponent out speeds you by 5 and has a QR effect, then you will still get doubled back.

I always thought it would be the opposite. Where NFU would completely cancel the QR, then impact stops the opponents natural double.

Figured I’d put the info out there for anyone else who didn’t know.

Edit: I was wrong…

3 Likes

That’s interesting :feh_eirikathink:
Good to know for future reference :feh_birbpeek:

1 Like

Found that out last year with my Ayra actually.

2 Likes

wait wut
you get doubled through Impact?

it’s probably because it’s the same priority if the opponent uses an impact against an NFU user. That way the impact is negated

So you’re saying Impact and QR cancel each other and force a speed check

So there’s nothing for NFU to negate?

4 Likes

Yup, if they have the speed to double. If they don’t, then of course you won’t get doubled. So the combo will work against units slower than you or against units that are faster than you but don’t have a QR effect.

3 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

Of all ways to find out, my Brave hector doubled a legendary Alm +10 with impact and NFU lol.

2 Likes

wtf
welp hopefully I’ll never encounter something like that or I’ll look like a ■■■■■■ idiot when I complain about how the unit doubled me through Impact since my brain will most likely forget that

Damn

Well, anything to make NFU less broken, I guess

You sure about that?

2 Likes

Builds below. Larcei has effectively 52 spd which would double Alm who only has 47

1 Like

i dont understand anything anymore

4 Likes

I think OP was mistaken because I was almost certain that the scenario I posted would be the proper interaction but I had to test it to be sure

1 Like

i just know that im confused rn
when some random voodoo garbage kills me in AR usher I’ll come after you

2 Likes

I recorded my match, let me screen shot

Figured that’d be the case, but now testing it for myself(And TMFM) in a damage calc that doesn’t seem to be the case.

It seems like because you’re initiating your skills have priority and/or it’s two against one(One of which nullifies said skill). We have yet to see a SS that gives us the opportunity to prevent doubles(Like SwordBreaker) so it’s a little hard to say.

Huh :thinking: maybe I’m wrong. My b… my video isn’t very good, I gotta re test it.

Seems like NFU nullifies the skills it says and then with an Impact it stops natural doubles. Double QR with enough speed goes through the Impact like it should but with NFU it stops both QRs.

1 Like