Obligatory Close Call is broken post

:feh_nino: :feh_nino:

10 Likes

Forget Close Call, how tf is Quan doubling

Does he have Swordbreaker or something

16 Likes

Yup, gave it to him as a budget option for Arena Assault, he does surprisingly well with it. Imo breaker skills are honestly great for AA, unless the enemy has Null Follow Up

9 Likes

Breaker skill refine when IS? I wanna run a double breaker unit

7 Likes

11 Likes

We been knew.

13 Likes

Ive been calling it bs for a while. Since it came out actually.

#stop punishing slow units.

9 Likes

How about one that’s actually useful

7 Likes

I mean you just asked for a double breaker kit, you didn’t say it had to be a good one :feh_rein:

11 Likes

Close Call/Repel effects are indeed pretty stupid. I had to pull some wacky strings during the New Year Lunatic challenges for the quests (I know I could always use Light’s Blessings but I enjoy trying to do 'em deathless).

I had to give my -Spd Sothis a Spd+3 seal, a Hone Atk 4 boost, and hit Lethe with Chill Speed to ensure Sothis could one-shot that Lethe with a Wrath powered Sirius.

6 Likes

Also on topic

Build above with a double drive speed B!Lucina

6 Likes

IS adding close call and repel to the game when people were already worried about speed powercreep is like throwing a Molotov into an already burning building.

16 Likes

Not like they care, they’ll just put a bandaid on it in the form of inheritable weapons that can bypass damage reduction skills. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

At this point I think that’s necessary.

1 Like

They already made a bandaid. A red mythic hero that can bypass damage reduction skills that color shared with L!Marth on her debut.

4 Likes

But then they’ll put a bandaid on it and make a Legendary or Mythic unit that has damage reduction and is unaffected by skills that take that damage reduction away.

It’s continuous with them. They have done the same thing with a lot of skills we have now.

5 Likes

I do wonder if Firesweep + Lunge will regain some AR popularity because Ike loses most of his power if he’s dragged away from Lucina. But I don’t play high tier AR so what do I know.

4 Likes

Don’t remind me :feh_hecmad:

3 Likes

That is a very tiny bandaid, in fact I dunno if you can even call that a bandaid, but more like a small hand trying to cover up a gushing wound.

1 Like

More likely prf so you have to pull for the one specific unit.

5 Likes