Hey everyone! This is the official thread where we keep track of the planned tournaments. We have quite a few users interested in hosting a tournament at the moment. Let’s get organizing.
The current waitlist looks like this:
- Mysterym1ster (TBD)
- E1337gard (Free-for-all)(Seasonals)
- Guts (Attack on Alts)
- Avelata (TBD)
@Notify me if you want to host a tournament. The future of Unit Builder Tournaments is certainly looking bright!
Some tips from one host to another:
- You are the host and you decide the rules. It’s not wrong to give the players some input. But make sure you are the one running the tournament
- I recommend not posting the builds before you have the results ready. Players are likely to check the results of their first match. It’s no fun for players to know that they lost before the end results are even posted.
- For convenience keep all the builds in a word/google docs file or in a private conversation. You are free to PM me (if I’m not a participant)
- Inform the players of your progress. If you need more time for a certain phase then let the players know. It’s not a problem as long as you keep everyone up to date.
- Take your time simulating the battles. A miss input can be troublesome after all. If you do make a mistake resolve it as best as you can and be clear and transparent about it.
- If it’s your first tournament I recommend keeping it simple and not too big. A 16 player tournament is already plenty of work!
- Feel free to ask for help here! (or send me a PM)