Oh shi...Here we for again 😅

Every year it’s the same :sweat_smile:

44 Likes

I noticed it only now

The heroes on the template are the previous winners :feh_birbpeek:

7 Likes

What would a “special version” Gatekeeper even be???

10 Likes

I don’t know, I hope he makes it so we can find out

11 Likes

I’d rather have an actual character than a meme, personally.

6 Likes

Define “character”.
He was in the game before he became a “meme”.

5 Likes

The gatekeeper is a background at best, with few lines, little personality, and no importance.

8 Likes

That’s your opinion.
He is a character who appears consistently in Garreg Mach monastery who gives you his opinions on events currently occurring throughout the game. He has more lines than the protagonist. He is friendly, optimistic and he is enthusiastic about his job.

His role in the game is thin, but it is present. Alot of people found this character charming, and were happy to see he was an available choice for CYL.

I need you to explain how he isn’t by definition a character. And don’t say “he doesn’t even have a name.”

14 Likes

Fitting that a debate started in a meme thread about salt. :fgo_matahari_ohboy:

22 Likes

You’re gonna have to be more specific, all threads are memes Bow

11 Likes

What thread am I in? Where am I? :feh_bernieshock:

13 Likes

Sorry, I don’t mean to start this stuff up again. I’ll drop it. I want to have these discussions sometimes, but I know people will take things the wrong way and get angry.

3 Likes

I’m at soup

16 Likes

People wont get angry, they just simply disagree thats it :fgo_gudako:
Why does everyone assume everyone is pissed at eachtother when someone writes something I dont understand :fgo_gudako:

3 Likes

Yeah, I like to discuss things like characters and plot, but when you can’t hear the other person talking it’s easy to interpret their tone as hostile. I never mean to offend or belittle anyone.

He’s not a character because he has literally no impact on anything. You can play the entire game without ever hearing his voicelines and it changes nothing. He has no emotional connection to anything happening around and has no bearance on any part of the story. He is a background.

Why not add the angry, nameless villagers ftom Sophie’s recruitment mission in Fates? They had just as much impact as the Gatekeeper, and even more of an impact. Their lives (or deaths) actually affected things in a miniscule way.

2 Likes

There are characters who have no impact on anything. If Marianne dies, she doesn’t effect the story. (Other than me being sad)

A fellow Voice of reason I see

Nothing wrong with Gatekeeper in second place

he’s popular in a popularity contest

3 Likes

Hmm… I wonder if the battle of Gatekeeper and Chrom will effect the voting of the Female Division. Ppl might shift there attention from, let’s say Byleth, to Chrom to try and push out Gatekeeper.
From what I’ve come across, the Japanese Server does not like Gatekeeper and meme units in general. I also believe that a lot of Byleth’s support is from Japan too so I wonder if that will affect her 2nd Mid-point position. I could be totally off though

2 Likes

Yeah but there’s also Gatekeeper Supporters worldwide

It’s practically an even split this is going too far

2 Likes