Omg, Mordecai makes me so happy

I just did my arena run, and this is first week in a row I managed to flawlessly do all 5 battles and actually felt like it was easy, I wasn’t constantly being countered, and that my units weren’t a bunch of wheelchairs focusing on trying to protect Tiki to prevent her from dying. They actually worked as a team and just started enemy phasing and killing units. Omg, I am so happy I am not using Tiki anymore.

13 Likes

Too bad his weapon is broken right now :feh_elisad:

8 Likes

:feh_arvisboneappetite:

5 Likes

It ended up not mattering. He took out Idunn like a boss.

6 Likes

Yay! Congrats on the scoring!

4 Likes

Yeah. Doesn’t matter much to me either but I’m sure some use him for that. To me he’s just a physical wall. And a good one :feh_hridexcited:

6 Likes

I’m running him with swap. I figured I won’t give him a Rally unless I absolutely have to. I still need to find 2 more copies. Hopefully I can find a +def copy, but +atk is okay too.

10 Likes

Next week will be the real test, TBH.

You scored about 30 points higher than me and I can never stay in T20 (couldn’t stay even with multiple Earth blessings in Earth season and a bonus +2 Altina). But Arena is mildly stressful for me so I’m cool with only tryharding every other week.

2 Likes

Yeah, for sure. There’s still tweaks I can do to get more score. I am definitely pulling on blue on the next mythic banner - I want Lucina copies anyway. I’m sure I’ll get at least 1 more copy. I hope anyway.

But if I can’t get into tier 21, so be it. It just means I can start equipping repositions and stuff and enjoy this mode even more.

This was honestly the first week in a year I didn’t hate arena. It was just like playing 4 lunatic ghb’s or something - a bit easier than that.

And I saw so many anti-dragon red swords too, and it was just nice not to have to fear them. Idunn would have given Tiki trouble too. It’s just so much nicer to have 2 movement and actually player phase her down, or enemy phase all the sword units and take so little damage. I love it. It’s exactly what this team needed.

1 Like

The only dragon killer I saw this week was a L-Julia which my Libra baited and deleted with no issue, so I generally don’t have issues using Tiki in Arena (although this is most definitely due to my scoring range since I do not use Rallies).

Unfortunately Tiki’s (and other whaled dragarmor’s) run at the top of Arena scoring was brought to a crushing end the moment Duo Ephraim was brought into the picture. He’s honestly a big reason why I do not care to climb in Arena – the week I played when he was a bonus unit was extremely stressful because he could easily demolish my whole team and I only squeaked by both times he appeared in my run by having my bonus Cormag Ignis him.

4 Likes

Yeah, we’ll see what it’s like next week. If I just can’t enjoy it due to all the whaled units, I’ll do as you’re doing and just try-hard every 2 weeks. Something I don’t like about arena assault is that I can’t max score it - the enemy teams just get so ridiculous, all my units in the 6th or 7th battle were doing like 0x2 damage. It was depressing.

1 Like

Congrats! :partying_face:

Mordy seems to be doing a great job :feh_legion:
Meanwhile I don’t need to do anything this Arena season because there’s no way I’m staying T21 no matter what I do :feh_nini:

7 Likes

Love the build. Have any spare fierce breath to put on this guy? It’s very fun.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I merged all of my Tiki’s (she’s +6). I regret that.

It’s okay - Sturdy Stance 3 is bound to come out soon, and that’s going to be really nice on him.

4 Likes

Good point. Here’s one of my mordecai builds. +10 noontime on every counter is crazy fun. If I pair with kaden, I can usually forego QR and use fierce stance. Obviously not optimal for Arena, but great for PVE.

6 Likes

BIGnis boi!!!

Glad the good tiger is working for you!

2 Likes

It’s awesome to see that he’s doing well for you!

I went in a slightly different direction with my Mordecai build. The extra Res does really help at times, but I wish I had a different C skill at times since most of my tanks have Atk Smoke and I dislike the overlap.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I’ve been debating taking arena slightly more seriously, and I do have a Mordy that was benched from AR.
What would you put his ideal A slot? Steady/fierce breath?

2 Likes

Mordecai is just a real solid unit. I like em. I was a little pissed when I tried to have my +def wall a Mareeta, he succeed… once. Then she drew back, got danced, blew his ass up. Anyway, close call ruines everything. Ehk.

Otherwise he is a great blue unit with a fantastic prf. Im really happy he is in both the 5star and 4star pool so its easyer to merge him.

wtf they punishing slow units for. Isnt being slow punishment enough

2 Likes

Imo, since we have pretty crap budget blue infantry units, Mordecai stands out as one of the best. He also solves the arena meta really well - since it’s filled with red swords, often 2 on a team. The only other unit that I calced that could tank a fully whaled +10 Brave Alm with the best build was Lukas - every other budget unit would die - so options are pretty sparse. Mordecai really does get the job done. +10 red units just aren’t scary anymore - Mordecai can even tank them without any merges - a sign he’s a good investment for the future.

2 Likes