Welcome to the Orb Lounge Thread - so regardless if you want to Track your Orbs, Manage your Orbs, Advice about Saving your Orbs - we are here for you! Whatever you need this thread to be - even if it is just to hang out and chat - we are here for you. Ultimately the main goal is to help you stay strong for your orb goal needs regardless if it is +10ing your Whyfoo/Husbando, Arena Core/Fodder, AR Core/Fodder or channeling your inner “Gotta Catch’em All!”
The 411 On How We Do What We Do:
- Whatever you are saving for - we are here to help. There are no silly questions. or bad investment choices because it is what you want to do to enjoy the game. (but at the same time. don’t be surprised if some of the commentary is geared more towards helping you be optimal and better helping you manage your orb use).
- If you feel tempted please talk to us first! We might be able to work it out, help you turn the tide, or even justify the pulling. Sometimes saving makes you feel itchy and you just gotta pull (or you get tempted because everyone else is lucking out.
- If you do decide to spend - have a firm budget (regardless if you spend money or are F2P). (also remember even while saving there is no harm in also trying - if you do feel tempted, esp if it’s a unit that doens’t get a banner very often but again. talk to us!)
- Regardless of the teasing in regards of “assassination” and what not - don’t feel guility if you caved and went over budget or spent when you really shouldn’t have done it. Sometimes it’s worth it to risk it for the biscuit, and work with the knowledge we know first hand. Summoning is a part of the game and even in it’s frustrating best, it can be fun to get new skills/toys to play with. There are no judgements here. (Only orb assassins - and we’ll keep them at bay).
- We’ve also added a new Orb Tracker Table! This table helps to keep track of your orb count weekly, so that you can see your progress on saving orbs as the banners come and go. This table is just for fun, so if you would like to join and track your orb count on a week by week basis, you can @ Nobody625, af1899, MisoSoup247, or RoysOurBoy to join!
Things to Keep In Mind
- On Average we get a median of 300 orbs per month. Some months it’s less, sometimes it’s more, but most of the time you are going to be getting 300 orbs.
- Spark Banners are New Hero Banners only. (generally associated with Forging Bonds we’ve yet to have a new hero banner that comes with a Tempest so we don’t know how that works with tickets. (eventually we will see). Optimally it is best to do full circles w/your tickets for orb efficiency (apprx 130-140 orbs). If you Snipe you look at 165. This might be good to consider for future budgeting
- Special Hero Banners - unless it’s a hero you want, a skill you need it might be better to wait for double special hero banners (albeit the trade off is the sharing colour might not be strong. so it depends on what you are feeling. These last for a month so sometimes it’s better to wait. Some people like to get in, and get out. We will help you through it.
- As of August 2020 - It appears that Special Hero Revivals have double Thanos Snap odds (We don’t know if this is an accident on IntSys’s part or if ALL revivals will have Book 2.5 to Current 5*'s in the pool) - IMO this is a great thing if you wanted fodder or something but were kinda iff on expanded pool.
- Double Special Hero Banners are 6% rate up banners for the current seasonals released this year - which run every Legendary Month - that is: February, April, June, August, October, and December. (note that these are also heavy banner months to begin with with Golden Week (April), October/December start of the New Book/Halloween/Christmas/New Year onslaught of banners)
- February will finish any 2020 Summer 1+ Pirates 2020 units and fill missing spots with Masquerade 2020 units
- April will finish Masquerade and begin Dragon’s Harvests
(note these are all just guesses but has been the path so far).
- Choose Your Legends Happens every August/Early September with voting happening in Late January. It is good to have saved (on average) about 500-1000 orbs if you want fodder. apprx 1500-2000 orbs if you want to attempt to +10 (or as many merges as possible). You can lock it all down, or spend apprx 100-150 orbs a month to get fodder/spark. (this might be the best way). Give yourself wiggle room. Several members saved up roughly 3000 orbs in time for CYL. ( 1/2 of them complete F2P. it is totally dooable).
- Calendar releases apprx the 10th/11th of every month. We will break it down in terms of fodder/whom it might be for people in save mode.
- Orbs in mailbox is safe - if it has a date on it - claim it right away. if no date, it is safe. (some people save all the mail in there - some people claim it whatever works for you.
- Remember that regardless if you are F2P or you Spend money we don’t judge. we only support.
Truthfully - saving can be difficult, esp. that losing your stash can happen so easily. But hopefully we can help each other have fun while we save. At the end of the day - it will be worth it once you can have what you want in your barracks with enough shots at the can. However you want to report (daily/weekly/monthly orb/resource accounts is fine by verbal, or photo) - we’re all here to support one another.
If you want some help with saving it might be worth reading this
Something I’ve noticed from personal experience is this: saving is all about habits.
If your habit is to spend orbs every time you reach 13 of them, you’re not gonna be able to save properly. If your habit is to never spend any orbs on anything, you will be able to save well (sometimes too well though, in the end spending is a part of the game, and denying yourself the opportunity to spend ever is a little bit strange in my opinion. If your habit is to yolo whenever there’s extra stones in a circle, then you can save, but not as efficiently as you might want. Changing the habits to the ones you think are most effective is the most important part of saving. Whether this means going hard saving, budgeting your orbs properly or otherwise, breaking habits can be hard, but it’ll definitely pay off in the end.
- Make a list of units you absolutely need. Doesn’t matter if it includes 50+ units. It just needs to exist. The shorter the better, but as I said, having it shorter isn’t a necessity, but it will help. If a character is not on that list, you will not summon. This will help prevent you from spending on stuff you want but don’t need (at least, hopefully.
- Plan your orbs into strict budget. Every month when a new calendar comes out, make a plan on what you’re gonna spend on. We get 300 orbs a month, tops, so 2 banners a month to spend on at max. It is best to deep invest rather than shallow invest, that is, spending 150 orbs on one banner and not 30 orbs on five banners. So plan into a strict budget, and do not go outside the boundary of this budget. Once you start pulling it can be difficult to stop, but it’s important to set these strict budgets.
- IVs and pity rates are bait. Do not pull for a new IV. I repeat, do not pull for a different IV. There are some rare chances that an IV really really sucks (like -atk on OG Olwen) but in 90% of cases, 3-4 points of a good stat will not matter in the long run. The times IVs will matter (a ARO carry or something) then you should be able to afford merges within your budget anyways. Do not go above your budget for IVs. Do not break pities if they’re outside your budget. If they’re super high, like 5.00% or higher, that might be ok, but do not even try to break small pities like 3.50%
EDIT: also since IV fruits now exist that’s another option. They’re very rare though so don’t spend them too freely.
- Make it so you don’t impulsively pull multiple stones on a free summon. These are only 4 or so orbs, but it can add up. Try and practice just pressing the back button, until the point where your muscle memory is to push back and not summon.
- Don’t claim mail and story orbs. It works for some and not for others. It helps me personally but I do stop doing it occasionally.
- Talk stuff out with other people. The orb count thread is always a good place for that, and other than that, people will probably be happy to help discourage you or rationalize you about things.
- Don’t summon day 1. If possible, spend on the last day of the banner. This is so no new banners are released to surprise you and refocus your orbs. It always sucks when you spend your orbs and a week later there’s another banner you like even more. Planning also helps with that.
If you need additional help, just ask around. There’s plenty of amazing orb savers around here who’ll be willing to give advice
For those interested in this thread’s discussion but may be seeking a conversation lounge outside of GP (or you just can’t get enough of orb saving discussion/distractions from spending in here ), there’s more where that came from–we have an Orb Savers Discord server ! The server exists purely as an alternative to this thread, to encourage as much orb saving participation as possible in a form you may be most comfortable with. Pick your favorite medium(s) and have fun! Any questions about the server, please DM the server owner @kakyoin01.
Bottom line–if you want it. We will help you achieve it. Let’s Save!
Reminder: add rest of mentions after making the thread.
Person currently in charge of the weekly table