Orb Lounge 4: (Chat & Save) A New Orb Count :catroll:

Welcome to the Orb Lounge Thread - so regardless if you want to Track your Orbs, Manage your Orbs, Advice about Saving your Orbs - we are here for you! Whatever you need this thread to be - even if it is just to hang out and chat - we are here for you. Ultimately the main goal is to help you stay strong for your orb goal needs regardless if it is +10ing your Waifu/Husbando, Arena Core/Fodder, AR Core/Fodder or channeling your inner “Gotta Catch’em All!”

The 411 On How We Do What We Do:

1. Whatever you are saving for - we are here to help. There are no silly questions. or bad investment choices because it is what you want to do to enjoy the game. (but at the same time. don’t be surprised if some of the commentary is geared more towards helping you be optimal and better helping you manage your orb use).

2. If you feel tempted please talk to us first! We might be able to work it out, help you turn the tide, or even justify the pulling. Sometimes saving makes you feel itchy and you just gotta pull (or you get tempted because everyone else is lucking out.

3. If you do decide to spend - have a firm budget (regardless if you spend money or are F2P). (also remember even while saving there is no harm in also trying - if you do feel tempted, esp if it’s a unit that doens’t get a banner very often but again. talk to us!)

4. Regardless of the teasing in regards of “assassination” and what not - don’t feel guility if you caved and went over budget or spent when you really shouldn’t have done it. Sometimes it’s worth it to risk it for the biscuit, and work with the knowledge we know first hand. Summoning is a part of the game and even in it’s frustrating best, it can be fun to get new skills/toys to play with. There are no judgements here. (Only orb assassins - and we’ll keep them at bay).

Things to Keep In Mind

• On Average we get a median of 300 orbs. Some months it’s less, sometimes it’s more, but most of the time you are going to be kissing 300 orbs

• Spark Banners are New Hero Banners only. (generally associated with Forging Bonds we’ve yet to have a new hero banner that comes with a Tempest so we don’t know how that works with tickets. (eventually we will see). Optimally it is best to do full circles w/your tickets for orb efficiency (apprx 130-140 orbs). If you Snipe you look at 165. This might be good to consider for future budgeting

• Special Hero Banners - unless it’s a hero you want, a skill you need it might be better to wait for double special hero banners (albeit the trade off is the sharing colour might not be strong. so it depends on what you are feeling. These last for a month so sometimes it’s better to wait. Some people like to get in, and get out. We will help you through it.

• As of August 2020 - It appears that Special Hero Revivals have double Thanos Snap odds (We don’t know if this is an accident on IntSys’s part or if ALL revivals will have Book 2.5 to Current 5*'s in the pool) - IMO this is a great thing if you wanted fodder or something but were kinda iff on expanded pool.
  • Double Special Hero Banners are 6% rate up banners for the current seasonals released this year - which run every Legendary Month - that is: February, April, June, August, October, and December. (note that these are also heavy banner months to begin with with Golden Week (April), October/December start of the New Book/Halloween/Christmas/New Year onslaught of banners)

• October will Have: Start Of it All + Brides 2020 (Including Narcian & Bride Fjorm)
    • December will have Summer 1 2020 and ??? (Summer 2 2020? Summer 2019?)
    • February will have a combination of Summer 2 2020 + Pirates 2020
      (note these are all just guesses but has been the path so far).
  • Choose Your Legends Happens every August/Early September with voting happening in Late January. It is good to have saved (on average) about 500-1000 orbs if you want fodder. apprx 1500-2000 orbs if you want to attempt to +10 (or as many merges as possible). You can lock it all down, or spend apprx 100-150 orbs a month to get fodder/spark. (this might be the best way). Give yourself wiggle room. Several members saved up roughly 3000 orbs in time for CYL. ( 1/2 of them complete F2P. it is totally dooable).

• Calendar releases apprx the 10th/11th of every month. We will break it down in terms of fodder/whom it might be for people in save mode.

• Orbs in mailbox is safe - if it has a date on it - claim it right away. if no date, it is safe. (some people save all the mail in there - some people claim it whatever works for you.

• Remember that regardless if you are F2P or you Spend money we don’t judge. we only support.

Truthfully - saving can be difficult, esp. that losing your stash can happen so easily. But hopefully we can help each other have fun while we save. At the end of the day - it will be worth it once you can have what you want in your barracks with enough shots at the can. However you want to report (daily/weekly/monthly orb/resource accounts is fine by verbal, or photo) - we’re all here to support one another.

We also have a discord group - so if you want to be more active here - come join us there!
if you want to join some of the members here - there! Feel free to hit up the Orb Savers Discord server to join in on more in-depth or off-topic discussion with your fellow savers (or, once registered with a Discord account but don’t use the app, the browser version–you may need to ask for an invite via this method). After all, we’d like to keep this thread as on-topic for its main purpose as possible–but who are we to turn down further activity and discussion, whether it’s related to orb value or not? Anyone is welcome to join, even lurkers without GP accounts (although you should consider signing up and participating here too–we don’t bite)! Whatever you want to discuss in more detail–upcoming new heroes, receiving or giving orb spending advice, showing off your (un)lucky spending results, or chatting about anything you fancy…feel free to drop in! And hey, maybe participating can help take your mind off of spending those precious orbs if you’re tempted…

Bottom line–if you want it. We will help you achieve it. Let’s Save!

Mentions

@daisyjane
@nobody625
@kakyoin01
@Warlock
@Zach_Has_Cancer
@npclucario
@Dei-Dei
@Debonair
@Everlasting99
@Umbriel
@Pactato
@GamingBro1
@Yberus
@Perfain
@TeaTime
@Byleths_my_boi
@Idunno
@Aeming
@RoysOurBoy
@af1899
@Erkhul
@_Supreme_Samurai

22 Likes

I’ve been defeated :feh_lysitheasmolface:

3 Likes

New thread, woohoo, I spent a few more orbs and got duo eph and sothis, 29 orbs poorer but happy and back to saving

3 Likes

29 orbs for these two is definitely a good deal!

3 Likes

I’m answering there since the other thread is dead!
I think FEH pass could have been a really good thing if the QoL changes were free, and the pass a bit cheaper. It’s a good way to control your spending on a gatcha game because you only have to buy it once per month and it offers you units with new art and a bunch of good stuff from the quests. It’s just disappointing that it was handle that way…

4 Likes

The way I’d have done it is making the stats free and everything else paid tbh. And like half the price.

That way buying it makes things more convenient, but not getting it doesn’t lock you out of any big gameplay difference. QoL is nice but isn’t needed imo.

4 Likes

For sure! I’m tempted to keep going with the orbs IS is giving us this week to get merges or copies of the other two, I’m done touching my mailbox for a while but do you think it would be a good idea to go for them in hopes of pulling fodder or merges or the other two heroes? Only with the summer celebration orbs though

2 Likes

It’s not needed ofc but the turn wheel can really save some time on abyssal maps for instance, and it would have been a good thing to give to all player imo

3 Likes

Well it depends on :

1. Your goals (short and long term)
  2. How much you need those characters? Their fodder are pretty nice but if you don’t have a unit in mind that could use it well, it might not be necessary
2 Likes

Can definitely see that. Making it free when the stats that directly affect battle stay locked wouldn’t sit well with me though :fgo_shock:

Regardless, my main issue with it when first came out is what they could add to it like a new gamemode or something, and I’m glad that seems unlikely now. I’ll live without it till everyone I want gets in on the Pass.

3 Likes

But pulling on this banner (at least before they fix the issue) might be the best in terms of orb efficiency , because of the free units you get for each old pity breaker

2 Likes

Yeah as long as it stays this way, I can live with it. I just don’t want exclusive game mode or banners for those who have the pass.

3 Likes

I dont really have that much I flat out need anymore, I have enough good units to carry me through most of the gameplay, now it’s mainly units I really want or ones with good fodder for ones I enjoy, my long term plan for my mail orbs is to use them to get dorothea if her og alt comes out ever, to get her summer alt and to get some duofonse merges. I am probably going to wait until the last day of the banner at any rate because I want to know if cyl has a spark, if it does I’m gonna spark and if not than I’m not summoning on it. So if it doesnt have a spark I can use some of the orbs I would use on the spark on this banner

2 Likes

I see! From what you’re telling I’d say you don’t need to pull more for now. You got Sothis and Duo Ephraim, and have other short and long term investments. Unfortunately, the hero fest ends in 5 days, and we won’t have any new info on CYL4 until the next FEH channel probably, which is in 2 weeks. So if you really want to pull more on this banner, I’d say do it before the fix (but imo you don’t really need to pull)

2 Likes

The FEH channel said we would get a channel on cyl mid august, it is possible that we get the channel while the hero fest is still happening, knowing IS we will get it the day after it ends though, we are getting the tickets again right? Or did i misread the update? If so I might pull all blues or greens or something like that, for now I’m just gonna save fully though

1 Like

henlo again :catwave:

5 Likes

It’s possible yes, but I really think the Hero fest will end before the next FEH channel :frowning: That could even be why they splitted FEH channel in 2, so that people can get baited and buy orbs for CYL…

New tickets for the hero fest you mean? I don’t think, but we’ll get 15 orbs tho!

1 Like

I has 2 orbs.

4 Likes

Ah, the smell of fresh orb count. Went ahead and bought those two 25 orb packs, they were too good of a deal to pass since I did have a spare 20 dollars around lol.

5 Likes

I’m dying.

This hero fest is now even more tempting.

Ahhhhhgg

6 Likes