Orb Lounge: Chat and Save 3: This Saving Thing Is Hard, Isn't It? (But We Can Do This!)

Orb Tracking, Orb Counting, Orb Saving Advice, Orb Management (who to go for/when). Whatever you want to call the thread, whatever you need this thread to be to ultimately help you save/use orbs - goes here, as well as healthy discussion, debates, help with builds if needed - basically a one stop thread, but the main goal is to help everyone stay strong for their goal, regardless if the goal is Waifu/Husbando, Arena Core/Fodder, AR Core/Fodder, or Need to Catch them All or +10ing that one unit.

The General Information Here
(and you know - basic “how we save oodles”)

1: Whatever you are saving for - we are here to help.
2: If you feel tempted - talk to us first, work it out, maybe we can turn the tide, or justify the pulling
3: If you do spend - have a firm budget (financially/f2p-ily),
4: Don’t feel guilty even if it doesn’t go well. Sometimes it’s worth it to risk it for the biscuit, and work with the knowledge we know first hand. Summoning is a part of the game and even in it’s frustrating best, it can be fun to get new skills/toys to play with. There are no judgements here. (Only orb assassins).

Other things to bear in mind -

• On Average we get a median of 300 orbs. Some months it’s less, sometimes it’s more, but most of the time you are going to be kissing 300 orbs

• Spark Banners are New Hero Banners only. (generally associated with Forging Bonds we’ve yet to have a new hero banner that comes with a Tempest so we don’t know how that works with tickets. (eventually we will see). Optimally it is best to do full circles w/your tickets for orb efficiency (apprx 130-140 orbs). If you Snipe you look at 165. This might be good to consider for future budgeting

• Special Hero Banners - unless it’s a hero you want, a skill you need it might be better to wait for double special hero banners (albeit the trade off is the sharing colour might not be strong. so it depends on what you are feeling. These last for a month so sometimes it’s better to wait. Some people like to get in, and get out. We will help you through it.

• Double Special Hero Banners are 6% rate up banners for the current seasonals released this year - which run every Legendary Month - that is: February, April, June, August, October, and December. (note that these are also heavy banner months to begin with with Golden Week (April), October/December start of the New Book/Halloween/Christmas/New Year onslaught of banners)

* August will be Valentines 2020/Spring 2020
         * October will be Start of it All/Brides 2020
         * December will be Summer 2020 Banner 1 and Banner 2.  
         (these are just guesses, but keep that in the back of your mind)

• Choose Your Legends Happens every August/Early September with voting happening in Late January. It is good to have saved (on average) about 500-1000 orbs if you want fodder. apprx 1500-2000 orbs if you want to attempt to +10 (or as many merges as possible). You can lock it all down, or spend apprx 100-150 orbs a month to get fodder/spark. (this might be the best way). Give yourself wiggle room.

• Calendar releases apprx the 10th/11th of every month. We will break it down in terms of fodder/whom it might be for people in save mode.

• Orbs in mailbox is safe - if it has a date on it - claim it right away. if no date, it is safe. (some people save all the mail in there - some people claim it whatever works for you.

Truthfully - saving can be difficult, esp. that losing your stash can happen so easily. But hopefully we can help each other have fun while we save. At the end of the day - it will be worth it once you can have what you want in your barracks with enough shots at the can. However you want to report (daily/weekly/monthly orb/resource accounts is fine by verbal, or photo) - we’re all here to support one another.

And if you find yourself enjoying your time in the little orb saving “community” we’ve got going on in here, there’s more where that came from! Feel free to hit up the Orb Savers Discord server to join in on more in-depth or off-topic discussion with your fellow savers (or, once registered with a Discord account but don’t use the app, the browser version–you may need to ask for an invite via this method). After all, we’d like to keep this thread as on-topic for its main purpose as possible–but who are we to turn down further activity and discussion, whether it’s related to orb value or not? Anyone is welcome to join, even lurkers without GP accounts (although you should consider signing up and participating here too–we don’t bite)! Whatever you want to discuss in more detail–upcoming new heroes, receiving or giving orb spending advice, showing off your (un)lucky spending results, or chatting about anything you fancy…feel free to drop in! And hey, maybe participating can help take your mind off of spending those precious orbs if you’re tempted…

Bottom line–if you want it. We will help you achieve it. Let’s Save!

Mentions

@daisyjane
@nobody625
@kakyoin01
@Warlock
@Zach_Has_Cancer
@npclucario
@Dei-Dei
@Debonair
@Everlasting99
@Umbriel
@Pactato
@GamingBro1
@Yberus
@Perfain
@TeaTime
@Byleths_my_boi
@Idunno
@Aeming
@RoysOurBoy
@af1899
@Erkhul

25 Likes

Hello

5 Likes

A dawn of a new thread begins
:feh_annawink:

4 Likes

“Immediately sets to watching”

3 Likes

I like the OP post.

One question. When referring to

Is this supposed to mean ‘Median?’

Or average? (Mean)

2 Likes

Join the club mate

3 Likes

i was so close.

I meant median.

5 Likes

Are we gonna cap out the old thread or are we already moving on?

5 Likes

Aight :feh_maristare:

Very informative OP :eyes:

1 Like

Cap that one first

2 Likes

How many left?

2 Likes

34 posts i think

3 Likes

Lets do this;

2 Likes

puts bags down
Ahh the smell of a new thread is wonderful.
sets to watching

5 Likes

Round 3… FIGHT! :feh_bartre: :feh_royyes:

5 Likes

My first serious post in this thread. Spent a little while aiming for Duo Ephraim only to be pity broken by Shiro at 8 summons. After that, holding fast to my goal.

Counting the Paralogues Normal and Hard difficulty, Chain Challenge on Lunatic that I’ve yet to complete as a matter of saving, along the orbs displayed at the top screen and on the mail, this is the first time I’ve reached the mark of 100 orbs! :feh_lotsaborbs:

For those unfamiliar to my goal: I’m saving to max merging Duo Byleth. I was hoping she would return in February, and by the time she returns in December, I’ll be having around 1000 orbs which isn’t quite enough :feh_bylethconfused:

Winter Sothis, Duo Hector, CYL, Legendaries and Mythics, Duo Alfonse. All these meta changing powerhouses will be dropping by the window, but I’ll hold fast and open the door only when my beloved professor and bishop return.

6 Likes

Rip my thread, long live daisys thread

3 Likes

Stay strong! I’m sure you can get there SygYE_UQwb

Also no need to worry about broken stuff coming by because the one you’re merging is broken enough :feh_mariannesip:

3 Likes

Judging by the last thread, this one won’t make it to CYL lol

6 Likes

favourites trump meta. :clap:

8 Likes