I’m trying to figure out which units I’m going to put on which seasons. See also my thread on a 4th merge project which I expect to use either on offense or defense. Figuring out my 4th merge project Anything that I haven’t already built is up for reconsideration, so I welcome your ideas.
I’m looking to build 2-3 teams per season (the other teams will be for player phase strategies), including the following:
- a NFU tank, presumably with pulse smoke…and probably ranged so that I can activate it more easily. Covering with near save seems ok to me. Will be the default enemy phase play if firesweepers/dazzling healers don’t appear.
- a team to fight cavalry squeezes, involving NCD and probably multiple tanks.
Units I have:
- Nowi+10 +spd. She’s definitely going on light season; I’m only wavering between NFU (probably the correct play given Bramimond) and 300SP stance + NCD + QR
- B.Ike with +spd and enough copies to merge to +5. Thinking of holding one copy in case breath 4 gets released
- 2 separate (live, not manuals) copies of B.Lucina
- Eir+5 with +atk, so I try to include her on my light teams (but fun > score as long as I don’t fall out of the vault)
- A separate live copy of Eir with +spd, so I can switch her IV or run an alternate build (ex: one Eir is on temari and the other is not)
Other units I have:
- B.Hector with +res and enough copies to merge to +2, but I’m thinking of throwing him on defense with far save
- V.Gustav +atk -spd, also thinking of making him defend with far save
- V.Henriette +res -def, to whom I foddered a steady stance 4: probably foddering her at some point, but I’ve also thought of switching back to DD4+raven.
- Tethys with +HP (likely going on a galeforce team; temari really helps secure doubles and heavy blade activations)
- The AHR N.Lyn
- H.Xane, and planning to give him NFU + CC as my contribution for PoL
Units I plan to get:
- Echidna+10. I’m late to this party but she’s still good and looks forward to a refine. Been thinking of using her as a NFU galeforcer on astra, actually. If I leave 2 defenders alive she has a very decent try at surviving.
- F.Lyon probably
- Guinivere probably
- maybe W.Altina? Don’t think I have the orbs.
- maybe Flayn
- B.Edelgard sooner or later (I could use my CYL4 pick but greens are easier to summon so I’ve been thinking of saving it for one of the others)
- B.Micaiah sooner or later (could use my CYL3 pick, but same thing as Edelgard plus I want ground orders fodder)
Units I do NOT have and probably won’t get:
- Altina. Wasn’t here when she was given out; don’t find her more worth my orbs than competing interests.
- Resplendents. I’ve actually considered spending recently because I feel like they’ve been quite generous, first with the anniversary and 4* specials and a free forma soul and other benefits, then doubling up the colours on the Valentine Askran banner and on two permanent pool banners (Annand + Azelle, Ingrid + Marianne; all had good fodder options if you wanted to go for that), and now another forma soul through celestial stones. But I’m definitely not decided.
Resources I have:
- diversity of fodder. I have multiple options for DC; I have a Julian for close foil + lull atk/spd; I can fodder CC twice; I have a M.Azurcorrin, L.Alm manual, and some extra Shamirs I can use for NFU; I have a Plegian bow;
- I’m sitting on about 3700 grails but I want to merge something that will score well enough in arena to get me into AA top 3k and preferably something that I can use to take Fae off my arena core. (My current core: Nowi, Fae, Felicia with C duel, but Felicia has the only 300SP skill on the team.)
- Enough stones to toss for multiple dew refines
- About 150 fruits
Demand for tanks: 2 for a zero-effort end turn team for each season, 4-6 for multi-tank teams vs cavalry squeezes which may include the previous two. Total: 4-8
Tanks with undetermined B-slots (3-4): Nowi (light only), B.Ike (+B.Lucina), some speedy ranged tank like Norne/Gangrel/Brunnya (and possibly a second)
NCD tanks (specifically for cavalry squeezes): F.Lyon, Micaiah (astra probably)
Other tanks specifically for cavalry squeezes: Raigh 4*+10? (hermit tome good; probably astra)
F.Lyon should go on the season where B.Ike doesn’t. I don’t want too much of one colour on the same team or even on the same season, really.
On B.Ike I lean towards NCD + QR because forced doubles are likely to run into 80% reduction except during light/dark when Bramimond regularly uses hardy bearing specifically to deal with B.Ike. So maybe he should go to astra, where he’s also better than F.Lyon against the entire lineup of defense mythics (unless you want F.Lyon to bait Mira into attacking? She’s probably doing 5 dmg against Lyon but likely not against B.Ike).
Then we would get this:
Light: Nowi (NFU), F.Lyon (NCD+QR), maybe another ranged tank (NFU for Bramimond) to be covered by a near save with Lyon
Astra: B.Ike (NCD), probably Gangrel/Norne (NFU) because B.Lucina (if not then probably Brunnya), Micaiah (NCD).
Need to keep an eye on who’s using the QR seal and possibly the mystic boost seal.
@xchan what do you do with your B.Ike and F.Lyon, and what do you think about sending my low-merge B.Hector to defense?
Nowi tanks everything:
- Dagr because free extra stats
- Maybe Emmeryn with rapport wand, spd/res gap, and sudden panic? I have a single copy with +HP
- Eir with temari? Probably not because I’m keeping sabotage atk on Mila. So keep her on whatever build I want to use on another team probably?
I kind of wanted M.Corrin to support Nowi. Maybe it’s unnecessary? I’ve done just fine without him even without Dagr. But it was more because my opponents weren’t defending well than because my setup is good.
Playing against firesweep
- Dagr (after tanks bait on turn 1, galeforce on turn 2? I already plan to have her on galeforce)
- Freyja? (will probably also be on galeforce, but I expect her to survive one attacker in most cases if I need to let her get hit) or bonus mythic
- Eir, I think?
- Nowi? Guinivere when I get her? Other ranged tank?
Main ranged carry
- Naga because I have her and more def
- Plumeria when I get her
- M.Corrin or B.Lucina or near save
- bonus unit or…healer?
When getting squeezed
Reginn and Naga will take the first two slots on all teams. (Probably Naga even after I get Plumeria, but possibly not. Extra def and anti-Seiros/Duma is helpful. But beyond that, there are a few different ways this can be done
6. Micaiah, bonus unit, refresher, or healer
4. Near save armour
6. bonus unit or healer or…?
- Does F.Lyon really need some kind of guard when he has 50% reduction and a raven effect backed by over 30 def? I was thinking of giving him DD4. If he needs it then he’s probably getting the Osian manual in codes in a few months. I probably need to claim the ground orders from B.Fjorm first.
Thanks for your help!