Pokemon GO Confessions Thread

Post your confessions here. Confess to your sins in Pokemon GO.

Here are mine:

1. I’ve played since Gen 1, I raid all the time, and I still don’t have a Machamp army. For fighting-weak raids, I use one Machamp, then cycle between fairies, bugs, Heracross, Hariyama, and fighting Blaziken.

2. I’d rather use a 0/0/0 shiny than a 15/15/15 non-shiny

3. I leveled a shiny Latios to level 40 because it looks cool, even though there are better Dragons for raiding out there. Yes I use it in Dragon-weak raids.

4. I got overhyped on Bagon community day and spent too much dust. I have 7 level 30 Salamence, including 2 shinies. I mean they’ve come in handy but yea. Kinda overkill and a bad usage of resources.

5. I get hyped on events/shinies. So I’ll play Pokemon GO while playing other games, which sometimes doesn’t make others happy. I’ll raid while playing League (usually while clearing Jungle camps or playing Yuumi), and I’ll raid while… Raiding, in WoW (on trash mobs). Yea my friends dont like this.

I confess named my Banette something terrible

:smirk:

4 Likes

Have some candidates for most useless max, Ditto. Glaceon with both moves. Articuno with both moves. Zebstrika maxed with both moves. Maxing my 2nd Clefable probably a waste…still not as big of a waste as making a Great League Electrode, terrible in pvp. Regular Raichu is better.

Pichu+Pikachu+Raichu=total of 65 in storage. Waste of space.

I have discarded next to no Pikachu, especially event/hat ones… this has left me with 323 Pikachu alone, with my first and earliest being from August 2016 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Probably the most foolish thing I did in this game was trying to solo mewtwo after playing for a month and realising that some raids could be soloed(had no prior idea of either pokemon or what the tiers in raids meant at the time)

A close 2nd would be bringing 2 freshly traded gurdurs to darkrai because I placed them in the team ages ago and was waiting for evolve a pokemon research to make them into conkeldurs

1 Like

I confess i have turned my prof pic into something terrible

1 Like

I powered up and 2-moved a Lampent for Great League even though I knew full well it would be near-unusable. And it is! I did the same with Chimecho… and Mismagius…

If I’ve named a pokemon, I simply can’t transfer it, even if it has mediocre stats (like if it was from before appraisal) and I got a better one.

In GL and UL I’m extremely averse to using top tier meta pokemon or anything I see a lot of. I don’t know what I think I’m proving but I always make myself use uncommon or off-meta pokemon.

4 Likes

Thinking this is totally hysterical.

This reminds me of this lady I saw at a comic convention who did a beautiful job with her Pennywise costume. I wanted to bring home so she could scare the heck out of my mother! :rofl: :joy:

But please pleaseee don’t pop out me on Halloween :sweat_smile:

1. I confess using a joke pokemon on the Halloween League

1. I confess maxing Masquerain, Altaria and Umbreon

2. I confess keeping Draco Meteor on raid Dragonite (maxed) instead of using Outrage only because it’s legacy (and its second move is Hurricane)

3. I confess lucky trading a Shiny Machamp to get a Galarian Ponyta, 40K dust trade

4. I confess transfering excess shinies before trades were available

We are cosmically connected

P.S. I had Mawile long before Halloween cup like you see now and happens to be meta for these particular rules :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. I maxed Cofagrigus, Umbreon, Ferrothorn and Gunfisk. Also maxed Beedrill and Pidgeot for the sake of using their Mega Forms.
  2. I got overhyped by Steelix in GL and it turns out the thing was utterly horrid in GBL or Rockets.

Ferrothorn and gunfisk at least you can use in GBL. Umbreon also not bad, at least for gyms. Why not maxing them…
Cofagrigus, yea.
Have you used a maxed steelix in UL?

Surprise because save for Cofagrigus I have the intent to use them in Rockets only. Gunfisk is for Premier Masters. And no I do not play UL.

In GL it’s literally a sign asking for the GOOD EFFORT!! screen CALP CLAP CLAPPPPP

Haha nah Banettes stuck in its Pokeball’

SAAAME! Hate myself in MLPC because there are almost no decent non-meta stuff so I’m running Dnite+Gary+Magnezone. :sleepy: Started feeling the same in UL when every team I had was using either Gary or Charizard. The nice thing about this season is being able to try spicy teams with no significant recourse. I’m not hitting rank 10 so who cares if I lose 8 in a row? :crazy_face: Ran Golem+Yanmega+Kingler for lolz for the last few days of UL.

1 Like

Same for a while in MLPC since there’s just so few options, I do actually use a hundo metagross… so generic of me, but its teammates are currently Tangrowth and Weavile so I still feel a little spicy

I way prefer this current rank format for the same reason, I can do whatever weird stuff I want and as long as I get 1-2 wins the stardust gains are strong

also to everyone who powered up Cofagrigus or Golurk… have faith. keep believing they’ll rework astonish, someday they have to be good… they have to…

The nice thing about this season is being able to try spicy teams with no significant recourse.

Tell more about this then. I think you saw what I suffered this season.

also to everyone who powered up Cofagrigus or Golurk… have faith. keep believing they’ll rework astonish, someday they have to be good… they have to…

At least Mud Slap is a decent move. No?

By “no significant recourse” I mean it doesn’t really effect what you get out of the season if you go 4/5 every set of 2/5 every set. Just a little slower climbing is all. I’m not going so hard at it that I’d hit rank 10 anyway (only play maybe 3 sets/day and just hit rank 9 at 2100ish) so I’m entirely playing for fun. And sometimes “for fun” means using a weird team even if it doesn’t win much.

So sad for Cofag… :cry: That’s twice now Yamask has been a letdown.

1 Like

My third oldest pokemon is a Sunflora (10/11/5) because I can’t bear to send it’s happy face off to the professor.

1 Like

all the bad pvp pokemon I powered up on impulse and was never able to use, Lampent, Qwilfish, Dusclops, (with the exception of Chimecho), they’ve all been really successful in the halloween cup, ensuring that I will indeed never learn from my mistakes