Pokemon Thread

Welcome to the Pokemon Thread

Please Read

• This a multi-purpose thread—tips, advice, help, questions, fan art, co-op, anything about the games is welcome to be posted here

• This thread is for ALL Pokemon players, no matter what game you play

• Be respectful towards other’s opinions

• This is an off-topic thread, which means that while Pokemon-related discussions are encouraged, casual conversations are also welcomed here

• Leaks from yet to be released games should not be posted here

To celebrate the release of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl on Friday, here’s some art of Sinnoh’s many legendary and Mythical Pokemon

Pokémon, shaymin, Shaymin Day _ グラシデアの花畑 【シェイミの日】 - pixiv

12 Likes

You looking forward to anything already announced beforehand? I haven’t been following news nor am I even able to play this when it comes out, but…

I can’t wait to hear this redone among other nostalgic music I remember from playing Diamond.

4 Likes

I’m just hoping the Pokemon available in Platinum, which was my first video game, would also be available in the remakes before the post-game, probably via the Grand Underground

4 Likes

From what I remember about the Gen III remakes, Groudon and Kyogre were both version exclusive to their respective games, so I assume it’ll be the same for Gen IV

Also gonna take the opportunity to get some N Art on the thread, fuckin’ love this cinnamon roll

5 Likes

So…what was everyone’s first pokemon game? Mine was diamond

4 Likes

Pokemon Ruby, I’m a Gen III boi

3 Likes

Platinum, which is why I’m hyped for these remakes

3 Likes

if I can get Togekiss I’ll be satisfied

2 Likes

Mine was Ruby, but I was 7 when I got it so I was really dumb and couldn’t grasp the typing mechanics properly that I thought things like…

“Grass beats anything blue”

And then had my Tropius’ wrecked by Glacia’s Glalie after I :pkmn_pikawut: after seeing Magical Leaf not having effective damage.

3 Likes

it is often said that Diamond and Pearl weren’t that great and that it was Platinum that made Gen 4 so good. As such, I hope the game will incorporate more parts from Platinum

4 Likes

Ice is just frozen water, therefore Ice is just another Water type

4 Likes

you have a point since most water types can learn Ice Beam

4 Likes

See, it checks out :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

4 Likes

but then Freeze Dry also exists

4 Likes

I’m considering using the gift Manaphy in my main party but I’m not sure if it’s good for battle

2 Likes

Ooooo Pokémon Thread :D

2 Likes

yes. Welcome!

2 Likes

I’m excited for the Diamond and Pearl remakes. I never got to play the originals so this’ll be fun for me :catdance:

2 Likes

Please enjoy them! As someone who started off in the Sinnoh region, I welcome you to my home region and hope that you’ll find it to be a pleasant place

2 Likes

It has Tailglow iirc, +3 Special Attack is pretty good

3 Likes