Pokemon with huge catch circles

Which Pokemon that are currently available research rewards or common spawns during the Johto event have huge catch circles (and low catch rates)? I know I can also use legendaries for my Gible Grind, but do not want to spend that many raid passes (and fortunately, Singapore has a quest tracker).

Miltank, Sudowoodoo, and Aipom

All of which have the advantage of being utter bastards to catch so you have multiple chances with each.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses!

I can land Greats consistently, but Excellents are difficult. A few times, I managed to land two Excellents in a row, only to botch the third. Finally I achieved it on Entei! In the process, I banked many Onix, Miltank, Sudowoodo and even Exeggutor research encounters.

Two days later, I managed to repeat the feat on a wild Ursaring (which I caught on the second throw) followed by an Onix from research. Today, I did it for the third time on a wild Sudowoodo.

None of the Gibles caught so far have 96+% IVs and even if I wanted to max out the 93% I hatched ages ago, I am at least 50 candy short, so my Gible Grind continues.

1 Like

My Gible Grind has finally paid off!

Any reason not to spend 50 RC (I have 300 with no better candidates) and 246k dust (I have 5.9 million) to immediately max it out? This should be a no-brainer, but I am not familiar with the lore of newer generations (such as a potential exclusive move) and the XL candy system has made me paranoid about powering Pokemon up.

4 Likes

My knowledge of the lore is on a par with my knowledge of love Island and advanced astrophysics. That said, I can’t help but think it’ll get a better move later, which can be rectified with an ETM.

In short, I’d say the choice comes down to using that bad boy immediately vs likely spending an ETM later.

Any reason not to spend 50 RC (I have 300 with no better candidates) and 246k dust (I have 5.9 million) to immediately max it out? This should be a no-brainer, but I am not familiar with the lore of newer generations (such as a potential exclusive move) and the XL candy system has made me paranoid about powering Pokemon up.

Congrats on the Hundo! I’ve got one too that I’m only powering up when I get a “Power Up A Pokemon X Times!” and NOT evolving it until I’m sure that I won’t be forced to either miss out on an Exclusive Move or use an Elite TM to get said move.

Which may or may not be a good thing - not like I need it right now, but there’s no guarantee that we won’t get a Draco Meteor day, which would make me sitting on my Hundo look really, really stupid for holding out and hoping for a better move than what Garchomp currently has.