Post your favorite unit of each weapon type!

The DL fluff topic is so small darn it I’ll fill it myself.

I know I asked favorite character already, but how about favorite character of each weapon type? For example:

Sword: Rodrigo
Blade: Addis
Dagger: Dragonyule Cleo
Lance: Malka
Axe: Erik
Bow: Hawk
Wand: Kleimann
Staff: Aurien

Runners up are Berserker, Halloween Edward, Su Fang, Ryozen, Curran, Rawn, Sinoa and Heinwald respectively. It’s not that I like these characters less, they just share weapons with Characters I love more.

2 Likes

Sword: Xander
Blade: Melody
Dagger: Vida
Lance: Botan
Axe: Vanessa
Bow: Nefaria
Wand: Maribelle
Staff: Ricardt

Incidentally, Melody is also my favourite character. Since game release I had decided I would pick a 3 star and stick with them for ever, that 3 star was Melody. I loved her design, and being the clumsy maid with extremely good fighting skills seemed funny to me. Then I found out that she was actually one of the best 3 stars in the game, and that she could keep up with 5 star DPS because of her party-wide str buff. I just kept liking her more and more as time went on.

I love Xander because of his design, though his personality puts me off a bit, I still like him and he was the unit I wanted the most since day 1 of the game. When Vida came out, I liked her design, and her skill set was interesting. Botan became and instant favorite as well, her personality and design just fit so well and she was the first free event unit that was actually good (though mainly because bleed is OP). Vanessa was more like she grew on me, because I wanted a fire unit that wasn’t Euden or a healer for HMS and I didn’t like Mikoto’s design (though he grew on me later on) so I decided to build Vanessa and I began to love playing as her, I used to think axes were clunky and terrible, but she changed my perspective. Bows are my least favourite weapon tbh, but Nefaria is the only one I actually use sometimes and she was the first shadow 5* I had. Maribelle, along with Xander was one of the units I wanted the most from the start of the game. Ricardt is my favourite because I didn’t have any other healers when I started the game, and he simply grew on me, and it turns out he’s pretty good too.

Sorry for talking so much, I would mention my runner ups, but I’m done now. Getting back to DL since New Years got me excited to talk about it again.

Sword: Odetta
Dagger: DY!Cleo
Lance: Halloween Elisanne
Axe: Sazanka
Bow: hmmmmm
Wand: uhhhhh lol
Staff: ehhhhhhh hahaha

I’ve never liked using ranged units and have only read adventurer stories for people I use a lot. I need to sit down and find some time to read all of them; I’m sure I would like a lot more of the characters if I did that but there’s just so many haha

Fun topic, I’ve never thought to frame my favorites this way!

Sword: Naveed
Blade: Ieyasu
Dagger: Orsem
Lance: Ryozen
Axe: Julietta
Bow: Hawk
Wand: Kleimann
Staff: Hildegarde

Daggers are definitely the hardest category, with Alex, Fleur and Orion also in there! But Orsem is just too backflippin’ cute, and it doesn’t help that he has a lot in common with my favorite in Epic Seven (Cidd).

Julietta is also just really special… cool design, striking artwork, and her massive crush on Elly? Too cute. I love all the contrast implied by a strong independent lady who wears a lot of lace and ribbons while also being inwardly insecure as hell.

Well, never thought this would be a thing, but I’ll contribute nonetheless. Basing this on their personalities and stories, I’d have to say:

Sword: Xander
Blade: Celliera
Dagger: Alex
Axe: Lin You
Lance: H. Elisanne
Bow: Joe
Wand: Lily
Staff: Lowen

There were far too many battles between these and others, DL really has lovable characters.

Good question. Right now, it’s these guys, although Bow might change in the future since Bows are my least used weapon type…

Sword: Albert
Dagger: Orsem
Axe: Karina
Lance: Elisanne
Bow: Eleanora
Wand: Sinoa

Sword: THE KING
Blade: Celliera
Dagger: Fleur
Axe: Sazanka
Lance: Annelie
Bow: Louise
Wand: SInoa
Staff: Estelle

Sword: Albert
Blade: Leyasu
Dagger: Fleur
Axe: Lin You
Lance: Anneile
Bow: It would be Louise or Nefaria but I haven’t been able to summon them ;-;

These are definitely my favorite units that I’d enjoyed their stories. A few honorable mentions that still have a place in my heart. Mikoto, Orion, Vixel, Orsem, Julietta, Heinwald, and Kleimann.

Sword: Odetta is perfect.
Runner up is Marth because he’s Marth.

Dagger: Fleur is adorable.
Runners up are Ezelith (she’d hate being the runner up lol) and Orsem (he fights monsters on ice-skates).

Axe: Curran is the only one I use, he’s cool I guess.

Lance: Xainfried is also perfect.

Staff: Verica is really good at keeping everyone alive.
Runner up: Cleo because she does all the actual hard work.

Blade, Bow, Wand: Don’t really like any of the ones I have.

Dagger: Orion, though Fleur’s also up there.
Lance: Ryozen, but Fjorm’s a close runner-up.
Bow: Rawn, but Louise is getting close.
Staff: Toss-up between Verica and Lowen.

Sword: THE KING!/Odetta
Blade: Mikoto
Dagger: Fleur/Orion
Lance: Fjorm
Bow: Louise
Wand: Lily

This is largely based on who I have/am using/have built lol. Although I did account for personality a bit, for example I have Ezelith but I don’t care much for her personality. Plus I haven’t unlocked the stories of most of the 3-4*. If I had Curran he’d be my pick for Axes but alas, he hasn’t come home yet.

Sword : Euden
But I really wanted Marth so bad

Blade : Ieyasu

Dagger: Ezelith

Lance : its just a toss up between Zainfreid and Fjorm because I have them both at max but Form has freeze and Zain has the pure power

Axe : OUTTA MY WAY !!!
runner up would be Yue she has stole my heart with her charm … Can’t wait to read her story and one day use her again HMS

Bow : Louise

Wand : Lucretia

Staff : Lowen

Dagger: Ezelith

Lance: Elisanne, and Annelie as a second choice close to her

Bow: Laranoa (I haven’t tested Louise but Laranoa is my DPS choice when facing void Agni)

Wand: Gala Cleo / Maribelle

Staff: Valentine’s Hildegarde

1 Like

Lance: H!Elissanne
Axe: Curran
Wand: Noelle
Staff: Verica

It should be noted that my preferences are purely character based, not gameplay based

1 Like

Blade: Yachiyo
Lance: Botan
Axe: Hard to pick, have all of them and really like their designs. Between Ramona and Lin You.
Bow: Summer Cleo (don’t have her)
Wand: Noelle
Staff: Summer Verica (don’t have her)

1 Like

This thread revival has some good taste :yunecool:

1 Like

Sword:Xander
Blade:Ieyasu
Dagger:Yuya
Axe:Lin You
Lance: Lathna
Bow: Luca

Dagger: Dragonyule Cleo
Bow: Summer Cleo
Wand: Gala Cleo
Sword: mid-year non-holiday event Cleo
Axe: Halloween Cleo
Lance: Valentines Cleo
Staff: Cleo!

is something I’m surprised nobody has posted already.

Dagger: Probably Delphi cause he has the same va as Midoriya not 100% sure though.
Wand: Hmm… tough one probably Cassandra
Sword: Marth and Gala Euden equal a slightly tiny bit more Marth
Blade: Hmm… another tough one but i gotta choose Morpheus Victor
Axe: RAMONA!!! But i like Lin You and Julietta a lot too
Lance: None of them at the moment but if i have to choose then maybe Fjorn