Potential Ferdinand builds

So I’ve been workingon builds for the new units today, not that I have any of them. Ignoring that Lysithea is sickening broken on the offense (SS3+SS Seal+Draconic Aura+Special Spiral). After her, I got to Ferdinand.
This dude is pretty d***mned flexible, honestly. I like it.

Whadday’all think of these possible builds if I ever +10 a Ferdie?

(Obligatory @Shuriken-of-Sacae summon.)

10 Likes

I’m going to reply again, I just wanted to say that you didn’t give the lofty blossoms a Refine

2 Likes

So I did.

Pretend it’s +SPD.

2 Likes

You state that he’s flexible, yet all the builds are offense-oriented (maybe except for the reprisal lance one) and they all limit themself to a single IV choice :feh_humblecurate:

He also has a res superboon, which puts his res to 33 when max merged. It gives him potential to excel at both phases as a tanky duelist or to even utilize DC effectivelly.

4 Likes

Ferdinand’s offensive stats are almost the same as Oscars, just Ferdinand has +1 Spd and -1 Atk. I think that with Ferdinand’s defense, he can already take punishment to get into desperation range so Fury May not be needed and could be potentially he replaced with Swift sparrow though, he could potentially kill too quickly, but for better EP, it could stay. This is what my Oscar looks like.

He used to kill his enemy’s too quickly, only gaining two charge, but I changed his boon to +Spd, so I hope that helps him. This build sucks against Guard (SF as well) and Wary fighter though.

2 Likes

If I were to build Ferdie I’d go the mixed phase route with Solos and Lulls :ferdysmile:

4 Likes

I listed four. Not quite a stellar sample size. That said, they are all builds that I would potentially use on him, not a showcase of flexibility.

Because that’s the IV roll I would prefer to use.

3 Likes

True, he may be able to survive, but I also selected Fury there to help boost hos offenses as well as (more importantly) further boosting his defenses, allowing him a bit more mix-phase presence. than just relying on his natural bulk. That specific instance is a Galeforce build, but I could easily switch it to a Sol or Aether build for more self-sustainability.

1 Like

I think I may build my Ferdinand this way, in a general Idea, with the fodder I have. Of course, I may just end up using the Ferdies I have as fodder.

2 Likes

Man Ferdinand is hard to build, he’s got the stats for any role

2 Likes

ok? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fort def/res is also pretty good. When he’d be tanky like that, he might even utilize guard lance a bit better - that way he’d be safer from enemy specials.

1 Like

From the start, I was showcasing possible builds that I, personally, would use. Not the extent of his flexibility.

1 Like

FDR is another good skill that could help his bulkiness. Not sure if I would use Dull Close, since I believe them to be more niche than Lulls, but certainly powerful against units he can counter. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m using stuff I have, otherwise, I would probably put Guard lance and Lull Atk/Def ( he has enough speed to not be doubled)

2 Likes

I sort of went with an aggro ignis for ferdinand the build looks fun enough

2 Likes

Not a single build with exact same Def and Res?

Garbage
-24/10

6 Likes

Ew disgusting only villains do that

1 Like

Mixed bulk is a fraud

I do love this man’s statline. :ferdysmile:

I’m probably gonna merge him as well, already gave him a simple Def stacking build for now. I feel like I’ll keep him to EP or MP since I’ve got B! Eli for PP.

1 Like