Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball/Psystrike

Lots of people are obsessed with this, but doesn’t it just take 1 T-Tar or Darkrai (Which I’ve saw at least last Masters GBL) to wall you out? It’s a good raid moveset but not quite for PvP, I prefer Shadow Ball/Ice Beam or Psystrike/Focus Blast there.

This is a confirmed possible combination?

The Elite TM may make it possible.

Would a Metagross not take out your Psystrike/Focusblast? While a Shadowball would survive it? For every combination you will find something that takes it out… or samething you can win against… it is all about how it fits in your team.

FB does Neutral against Metagross and takes down around 80-90%.

Tyranitar and Darkrai are going to give Mewtwo a bad time in ML, regardless of what moveset it has. That said, I think the idea of having a double legacy Mewtwo is what interests a lot of people in the potential Psystrike/Shadow Ball combo.

1 Like

Just rarity. I personally like the idea of Blast Burn + Stone Edge Blaziken, but I’m not sure I’m willing to use the Elite TM like that unless I make a deep research in its usability… which I’m not sure I have the time to spend for :smiley:

Ohhhhh snap. But isn’t that legacy the same way that Rock Throw Omastar is?

It should work if you have a Shadow Ball Mewtwo and Elite TM the second move since Psystrike was an event move. The reverse shouldn’t work because Shadow Ball was not an event move.

Mewtwo gets absolutely walled by dark-types, indeed, but those are fights you shouldn’t pick anyway. Focus Blast is great if opponents shields are down, but you likely need a shield yourself to pull it off

As for everything else that doesn’t resist either moves; they both hit extremely hard (so Dialga, Kyogre, Giratina-O, Metagross, Melmetal, Machamp, Heatran, Togekiss, Dragonite, Groudon, Snorlax, Mewtwo itself, this is probably all of the ML meta currently take heavy damage from an unshielded attack). It’s not going to break the meta either way, but I am definitely getting one myself and expecting some when it’ll be there

I have 100% maxed Mewtwo with PC/Psystrike+Ice Beam with a buddy badge. A 15/14/15 maxed Mewtwo with PC/Shadowball+Ice Beam with no buddy badge. Get one with both, other one as general use. However, tempted to save it for whatever new move they give Dialga, or Kyogre/Groudon, etc