Pure Prism PSA

Quick note because they are coming crazy early:

Do not exchange them for materials you can farm easily.

No matter how tempting it might be, do not waste them on crap like statues and gems, or on old bronze mats. The rate of exchange is not favorable for these items considering the ease of acquiring them through normal play.

If you’re a newer player in gem hell, try to get by with quest rewards until lottery season gets here. If you must buy gems now, grab only the bare minimum you need for a priority Servant.

50 Likes

michael-scott-the-office

16 Likes

It’s fairly easy to calculate which items are the most efficient by finding the AP/Pure Prism, i.e just divide AP/Drop by the Pure Prism cost.

Here’s a spreadsheet I found from this Reddit post though it does use drops from the JP Server so the AP/Drops are slightly different.

Or you can just use the current data from Global and do the math yourself.

21 Likes

I think I’ll just grab that one last fragment of twinkling stars I need to fully max Castoria.

It took me 6 full bar of AP for my last fragment of twinkling stars and I don’t have the patience to farm for another.

15 Likes

if i’m using them at all, it’s on gold mats, or future lostbelt mats if they double surprise us with that. unlikely that is.

16 Likes

I am going to hoarding them but yeah gold mats is the way to go.

8 Likes

I will freely use them on anything I need but haven’t been able to farm. Banking some is a good idea, but no reason to sit on the whole pile.

12 Likes

I’m likely calcing how many of Barghest’s unreleased mats I need and then…

No idea, too many options.

6 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up with some JP gameplay additions, can I get more detail on these? What I’m seeing sounds exciting but I still feel in the dark.

9 Likes

Basically you can exchange them for any material, and we get a lot of them.

7 Likes

Material exchange shop. You get them by doing main story and trade them in. Very convenient.

7 Likes

Please someone tell me you can exchange them for lores. :sob:

2 Likes

i just haven’t used any on jp, so i look at them as a shiny thing that’s there just in case.

honestly, i see me on na using them on shells, cuz damn these summer servants, and that’s really it on current released story mats. 5.5 or 6 mats will def get them for completion of appends.

5 Likes

Good Lord it really is that simple?

I’ll probably wind up hoarding most because I find farming satisfying but if I can trade them for Merlin’s append scales I will hit that store so fast.

7 Likes

You’re capped at purchasing 100 of any one mat, so it can’t remove all need to farm, but it will help with mats you may have neglected or for those players who don’t do FQs for some reason.

8 Likes

Easy spending to get all the demon lanterns i need for ibuki. Blessed early update. :fgo_astartepeek:

6 Likes

The “What if I need them later?” RPG hoarding tendencies are strong with these, or at least they will be as long as they remain a finite resource.

13 Likes

Oh I see, there’s the boundary; that makes sense.

Merlin only needs 72 scales so that’s fiiiiiiiiine. <.<

(please tell me we got new qp node I don’t have the qp to max any of them)

5 Likes

New QP and ember nodes, yes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:fgo_meltbirb:

I’m gonna hit them so hard too.

2 Likes