***Q&A** Fodder or Not?

Hello, so I just summoned a V!Alm that is -hp and +spd which is great. However, I was thinking about foddering a Larcei to him for repel. Larcei is an amazing unit but unfortunately she is -atk and +spd, in addition to being in a bloated red infantry pool. Is it worth it to do so?

1 Like

Hey welcome to the forum

Personally I probably wouldn’t, but it’s very effective on Alm. Until you get DC fodder I wouldn’t do it though, because you’ll need it for the best AR builds you can get.

3 Likes

@AniCre001
Valentine’s alm tag and Larcei tag

1 Like

I thought only the user could force tags

and im right here wtf

2 Likes

Do ya even read Discord lol. Figured out a solution to that ages ago(Ages ago being, like, 10 hours ago). Also I imagine it’s due to having Mia send me a PM on all the tags they went added to a bunch of threads.

3 Likes

y-y-yes

5 Likes

So long as there’s an edit symbol(The orange thing) we’re able to change everything easily. Just hit the symbol, hit “Edit Post”, and it’s like a usual edit afterwards. Nothing preventing us from adding tags or changing sub-categories.

1 Like

What can I say, I’m a tag fiend
I may be chaotic, but I like my stuff at least somewhat organized

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. I don’t really play AR if that changes anything but I’ll definitely be giving him DC in the future.

1 Like

For general play, he may not need it as much since he won’t be trying to take down every unit in one go and he has his healing duo skill. So keeping both might be more beneficial to you

1 Like

It’s not that easy because on mobile you physically can’t use tags because of the stupid ass layout when making a post

Granted, red infantry pool is overcrowded with so many powerful units. Yet among those, Larcei is among the top. I will keep her. But if you don’t use her, why not giving it to Alm, especially if you lack good axe units.

If really you want to give him Repel, which is meant to take hits, I think it’s best to try giving up Bonus Doubler and use him with either L!Eliwood, Kaden, or W!Marth. His weapon reduces dmg, and Repel further reduces dmg as well, so Distant Counter instead of Bonus Doubler could really work. That said… One could also fodder Repel to Ike, and run the same set up. What I meant is that I wouldn’t try to make Duo Alm a Brave Ike “bis”.

I got +res -spd Duo Alm today (after 60+ orbs if my memory serves me well), and I think I won’t let go of his Bonus Doubler and use him mainly as Player Phase unit. One reason is because his duo skill is ideal for setting up a big “rush”. Pushing the Duo button, then end turn to bait enemy, will seem to be suboptimal at first glance, if during enemy’s turn, your buffs become negative again.

W!Marth only works on armour and flyers bud otherwise 5x spicy BD on L!Marth

I forgot that. There are too many specificities to so many skills…