Question about Arena

Hi, so I am trying to get tier 21 in Arena for the crowns (Highest was tier 19). I have no idea how to go about it. I know the fundamentals is to accumulate points with your Bonus unit getting the KO’s. Do I use +10 heroes for the best BST’s for maximum score or a team of armor units?

The units I have at +10 are

BK+10
Nowi+10
Ares+10

Armors:
LTiki has no merges
Effie+2
MGrima+1
Fallen Tiki+1

Thanks.

Arena scoring is a little complicated. For the highest scoring overall, you want all of the following:

1. The highest possible BST units with as many merges as possible. Duel skills can help with lower BST units, though.
  2. The highest SP cost skills you can get. Any Tier 4 skills like Fortress Def/Res 3, Distant Counter, Hone Attack 4, Aether, Blue Flame, Galeforce, dual Rallys, Prf skills – the more SP they cost, the better.
  3. Get your bonus unit to land the killing blow on as many enemies as possible. This means the rest of your core should focus on supporting them. Of course this is rarely feasible in practice (Vantage has destroyed any chance of my bonus unit scoring the kill on numerous occasions) but ideally, you want them to kill every enemy to add +12 to your score for every match.

Since I doubt you are a whale it is unlikely you have +10 Base 180 BST armors like L-Tiki, Surtr, etc. However, Sheena and Gwendolyn make great FTP friendly choices for their great bulk, easy mergability, and low Attack (since you don’t want your core scoring kills). Aversa is another FTP friendly option if you have R Duel Flying since she has such a great weapon and access to skills like Guidance (if your team is running all Rallys, it’s very difficult to position properly).

2 Likes

The units I have at +10 are

BK+10
Nowi+10
Ares+10

LTiki
Effie+2
MGrima+1
Fallen Tiki+1
YTiki+2
Fjorm+4
LAzura with B Duel
Loki with I Duel skill

These are my best merge units. Any of them feasible with a bonus unit? I am assuming you definitely need the bonus unit for high tier of course.

Play with this for a bit with your units and see what works. LadyLuna already did a good job explaining the factors of scoring high.

http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/

Use BK, Nowi and Ares for now. Even if they’re not optimised for arena, three +10s and a bonus unit should be able to get you to T20. With high scoring skills and a lot of bonus unit kills getting into T21 is possible but probably not staying there every week.

Yeah idk, I mow down everyone in arena with fallen delthea, Nino, flying Olivia and reyson and sometimes I straight up just still get demoted. Guess I’m not doing arena enough at a certain point? Been stuck going back and forth between tier 16 and 17 for a while.

The units you listed have low BST for arena standards, and unless you have a lot of merges on them you won’t be getting very far.

Forgive my ignorance, what is BST?
Edit: Nino is +7 delthea is +7 Olivia has no merges and reyson is +4

Base Stat Total. Add the values for all stats (HP, Atk, Spd, Def, Res), at level 40 without a weapon.

BST = Base Stat Total. It is the sum of all a unit’s stats if they are an unmerged, Level 40 5 Star unit, not counting their weapon or any equipped skills. The amount varies depending on if the character is melee or ranged as well as their movement type. Melee armored units generally have the highest BST, while ranged cavalry and ranged refreshers have the lowest. Refresher units typically have much lower stats than their peers simply because they can Sing or Dance.

I think the big problem for you is that you never mentioned using a bonus unit on your Arena team. Bonus units DOUBLE your score and are essential if you intend to rise Arena tiers. That is why it is usually a good idea to have a decent build on Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna because one of them is always a Bonus Unit. Additionally, every time your Bonus unit defeats an enemy, +3 is added to your score. While seemingly minor, this adds up over 5 matches and can lead to as much as 60 extra points added to your score, and every point counts when trying to break into the highest tiers.

Ohh, that makes a lot of sense. Yeah my Alphonse sharena and Anna are like barley level 20 4 stars lol. Thanks a lot for the info!

If you want to move up, you need to be able to use one of the 8 bonus heroes instead of Olivia (at least Reyson is merged). This bonus unit needs to be able to defeat all 4 foes, so Nino, Delthea and Reyson will need to make this unit stronger with buffs (tactics probably with this current team) and use chill skills.

If you have any other units with merges, it would be better than Reyson. Though, if you manage to pick up Spring Veronica, you can fodder G Duel Flying to Reyson if you want to use him for arena. I hope he is 5* +4 and not 4* +4.

You will want to 5* all 3 of them as a priority. Next priority is to refine their weapons and get them higher scoring skills. Aether is best likely on all 3. Galeforce can work on Anna, but will need some true support to really use it well. DC would be great, but else can utilize brazens on Alfonse as a budget skill (both A and Seal), bonds (as a budget) on Sharena (both A and seal) and likely fury 3 on Anna who needs the stat boosts. Alfonse and Sharena work well with triple A skill and easy to break the triangle.

I really appreciate all this info, been playing the game for a bit but never went on the forums. Glad to know there’s some really nice people here!