Rank every FE you've played in order from best/most enjoyable to worst/least enjoyable, in your opinion

Three Houses
Awakening
Fates: Conquest
Blazing Blade
Shadows of Valentia
Fates: Birthright
Fates: Revelation

I’ve never not enjoyed a Fire Emblem game but I have enjoyed some more than others.

1 Like

Okay I’ll give it a try

• 3 houses
  • Echoes
  • Awakening
  • Fates
    (I really need to play some of the classics)
  1. Sacred Stones (3H might go here when i get a chance to play it)

2. either 3H or SS

3. Awakening

4. FE7

5. Binding blade

6. Shadow Dragon

7. Shadow of Valentia

8. Fates

If i was smarter back in the day i would of had PoR in this list :sob:

Three Houses
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn
Valentia
Awakening
Shadow Dragon
Blazing Blade
Sacred Stones
Binding Blade
Fates
Genealogy

I still adore the Tellius games’ story to the point that it might still be my fave, and aspects of the gameplay still hold up rly well, but 3H was just flat out better in every other respect so its at least tied for the top.

1 Like

Blazing Blade
Echoes
Sacred Stones
Shadow Dragon
Radiant Dawn
Fates: Revelation
Awakening
Fates: Birthright

Three Houses gets an incomplete, but I expect will be at or near the top.

1-3: 3H-Awakening-Telliius
3 Houses is tied With Awakening and the Tellius Saga.

3 Houses as insane storytelling, as does the Tellius Saga. Awakening has insane backstory and well written situations, the problem is the 2nd arc onward. As for character Awakening and 3 Houses have some very well written characters, Tellius has great characters but the supports are usually bland, not to mention that they threw away all the supports in RD for the sake of like 3 endings when everyone (including Ike), had many, many paired endings. Likely due to money constraints and crunch.

As for combat< awakening is easy if you abuse, 3H is easy in general, Tellius isn’t difficult if you plan ahead. If you play it like older FE’s (GBA), or new Era (3DS and onwards), then yeah you’re in for a rough time.

If I had to pick however, simply put.

3H > Tellius> Awakening.

4: Akanaea Saga (Marth’s games, Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem).

Both these games are the OG’s, and have very good story telling. The gameplay is difficult enough to be a challenge but not easy enough to be dumb. It suffers in character development due to it being the first game, but the main cast is fleshed out enough to allow the player to grow to like them.

5: Shadows of Valentia
The story is great. Namely Celica’s story save for when she goes stupid. Alm’s story is good if you ignore the game’s narrative being shattered twice via Alm’s story (You don’t have to be special to be king literally being worth nothing since Alm is given a sword that proves royal blood, AND he’s the only person who can enter the room to get Falchion). The gameplay is, okay. The maps are a pain (Celica’s maps are horrid). The music is killer though.

6: Genealogy of the Holy War
I bash on this game for shitty gameplay (more unbalanced than Awakening cause cavlary units are god), and horrid maps (if a map takes you 1 hour to beat, shorten the level and split it. Focus on the narrative, don’t spread it out and make the game feel like it takes 3 years to finish). The story however, aside from Deirdre x Sigurd, is incredibly well written. And Seliph+the entire Gen 2 cast redeem the story in it’s entirety. With Arvis being a more likeable and morally driven Edelgard (technically Edelgard is the less moral based, more endgame driven Arvis).

7: Sacred Stones
This game is hella easy. However, the story telling is top notch, and the cast is pretty damn good. Probably the only game where the antagonist is so well explained (namely in Eph’s route), that it becomes difficult to see him die. The gameplay is perfectly easy (the ghost ship map is easy if you actually prepare and don’t throw shit into the mist like crazy).

8:Binding Blade
Roy’s game. Not my favorite. Story wise Roy to me never brought anything large. He’s a weaker version of Eliwood, with less buildup throughout. His only redeeming qualities are endgame and 3-4 chapters is not enough to make Roy a good protagonist. No siree. Aside from that map design is pretty good, and the gameplay is nice as well. Supports are also great.

9: Blazing Blade
This game went from fave to least fave after I read the story in detail. Sadly the writers don’t know what consistency means, and the story is hot garbage. The cast is phenomenal save for Lyn who was shoehorned in as a third wheel since she does nothing of plot relevance whatsoever (she’s a good character though). Gameplay wise, not really difficult aside from Hector Hard mode.

10: Fates

You guessed it. All 3 paths have horrid storytelling. By far, the worst. The gameplay is good in Birthright because it’s simple. Conquest is okay but the level design makes it annoying at best. And Revelation is so gimmicky I’d rather never have bought that thing. As for characters. They’re okay, with very, very few gems, but most of them, including our lovable royal cast and protagonist tend to be horrid in growth or actual purpose, and some are mostly gimmicks at face value unless you read all their supports and infer a lot of information that was only later added and made clear in DLC or the Manga (Looking at you Camilla).

As for Thracia I can’t put it here. I played it a long time ago in JP but don’t remember the story so I won’t do it a disservice.

Author’s note: If you expected 7 to be higher, I won’t blame you. I just can’t look at it the same after actually sitting down and looking at the story in depth. It’s so flawed it’s on par with Fates. And that’s saying something…
If you want examples/proof, here’s some.

Plinkett (FE7 review) Emblem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtFhorR1VIE&list=PLA69XE9lKaI6nqi8zzu1oKedWB7HiUF9m&index=1

4 Likes

Until I finish Three Houses it’s like this.

Genealogy of Holy War (BEST FE EVER MADE, PERIOD, well so far at least).
Three Houses (Haven’t finished it so I can’t give a full verdict, so far I am totally in love but until then…).
Awakening (Saved the franchise and was one of the best JRPG ever made).
Rekka no Ken (First FE played, still favorite Lord is Lynn, Canas, Guy and Rath my favorite units, Best Waifu Louise).
Shadows of Valentia (Loved it)
Sacred Stones (Don’t know but Epharim, Eirika and Amelia are among my favorite characters from all time).
Fuiin No Tsurugi (After playing Rekka no Ken I liked it though Its just a bit forgettable).
Thracia 776 (Hard but I kinda remember it with love).
Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE (Quite entertaining but it’s just Japanese fanservice).
Fates Conquest (This game is made to test limits, not fun at all, while it not “enjoyable” it quite good).
Fates Revelations (After Conquest I felt it quite disappointing).
Shadow Dragon (No idea, I am just not fond of this game).
Gaiden (I didn’t finished it, it was in Kanji and once Celica history started I just dropped it because I couldn’t get a bit of the history).
New Mistery (Didn’t like at all the game no idea why).

Haven’t played the original, the SNES Remake, Birthright, Path of Radiance nor Radiant Down.

1 Like

Best to worst

Blazing sword
Sacred stones
Filler
Filler
Filler
Binding blade, seriously this game sucked a lot

1 Like

Fav
Three Houses
Path of Radiance
GoTHW
Radiant Dawn
Sacred Stones
Echoes
TMS#FE (not technically FE but i loved it so)
FE7
Thracia
FE6
Tear Ring Saga (not technically FE but it’s kaga so)
New Mystery
New Shadow Dragon
Old Mystery
Awakening
Fates
Gaiden
Old Shadow Dragon
Least fav

Gaiden/SoV
Sacred Stones
Heroes

1 Like

3H
Awakening
Fates

2 Likes

Awakening
Binding Blade
3H(BL Path)
SoV/Gaiden
Fates
GothW
Thracia
Blazing Blade(Hector/Lyn Route)

1 Like
  • Fates
  • Three Houses
  • Blazing Sword
  • Sacred Stones
  • Awakening
  • Echoes
  • Binding Blade
  • Shadow Dragon
1 Like

I’ve never finished a FE game so I’ll rank them based on how long I played them:

Blazing Sword - made it to Sonya’s map
Radiant Dawn - got Jill
Fe1 - got Jeorge
Path of Radiance - don’t remember

for me it’s probs:

• FETH
  • SoV
  • FE7
  • GoTHW (never finished)

i don’t dislike any of the games, but gotta rate em somehow

1 Like

Awakening
Heroes

Awakening was just overall enjoyable for me.
Heroes is too grindy and luck based. It’s nice to play every once in a while though.
Fates I genuinely hated which is why I’m too scared to buy more games from this franchise. I also learned that the series will milk itself as much as possible.

I do read and inform myself of the other games, it’s not the same as experiencing it firsthand but at least I’m knowledgeable about the other games to some extent.

1 Like

In order of most liked to least liked:

Fates
Three Houses
Awakening/Sacred Stones
Shadows of Valentia

You should be able to tell from my favourite characters… but my favourite Fe game was indeed Fates Conquest/Revelations. I loved the music and almost all the characters. Even though the story was enjoyable, so was the supports, which I’ve forgotten. And the My Castle thing was awesome too. Also all that DLC was really cool as well.

Now I await for the 3 Houses update, which is also and extraordinary game.

Even though I like Alm and that, but I hated all the mechanics in SoV…
Especially the usage of Magic/Bows and not being able to wield axes. Also the DLC costs the same as the game. At least the voice acting was nice.

3 Likes
  1. FE15/SoV: being a remake of Gaiden (NES) this game perfectly recreated the 8-bit installment and breathed new life into our beloved characters. Wonderful symphonic music still feeling classical, great graphics, perfect artwork of characters, still innovative gameplay and many things to do. Nothing I feel this game leaves to desire. 10/10.
  2. FE10/RD: this game has a lot of content, too much things to unlock by playing (yes you read well with an “l”, nowadays it got lost…) as you play which definitely adds to the fun. Epic music, diverse cast, very developed cinematic and advanced gameplay. 9.5/10
  3. FE7: ahh this one brings back memories since I started 5 years ago, it’s easy to get by and perfectly introduces you to the series. Well done graphical design, balanced and good load of iconic music. 9/10
  4. FE4/GotHW: another great title that settled a different standard in the series yet unique and entertaining, the only bad thing is that since this game has some gimmicks you need to check a guide which can be a bummer. Other than that this game has beautiful music, a bit simple in design but no matter, I still love the style and design of the Jugdral games. 8.5/10
  5. FE9/PoR: a great game, introduced the beloved and diverse Tellius cast, Ike-conic music (you’d like to know I have a friend on my 2nd FEH account with that pun) I enjoyed it a ton. 8.2/10
  6. FE5/Thracia 776: this games has less content however it brought with it some new things staple to the series: WEx (level up weapon proficiency!), sound room (hardest to unlock!), rescue system… and has a unique fatigue system which forces you to use different units or the item that removes it efficiently. Music is great not the best but still meets my taste, graphics not awful and nice characters. Also :feh_rein:, the only bad thing is it’s slightly high difficulty. 8/10
  7. FE6/SoS/TBB: it’s been a pretty great game but a bit underwhelming in some instances, the most noticeable is the final boss (I’ll not spoil who is it), it was very easy to clean with proper setup sadly, also the music had a little noise but still love it. 8/10
  8. FE3/MotE: I prefer this version over the remake of its books, the nostalgic vibe of this version is strong and the music is well done, the interface was a bit blue-ish (it can be bad for eyes). 7.5/10
  9. FE14/Fates: well the cast is actually fairly good, the game introduces three different routes for us to experiment, each with its own traits. It’s fairly good gameplay-wise, interesting part were the dragon veins which radically changed the flow of maps and bring unique tactical thought (mainly when to use and if necessary). 7/10
  10. FE8/TSS: this game has been lots of fun and had much content to unlock, I highly enjoyed this experience and also compelling plot. The soundtrack isn’t great however. 7/10
  11. FE11/SD: fairly good, decent graphics and well conservated music, still preserves classical gameplay elements. 6.5/10
  12. FE12/NMotE: the great things of this game are the new characters, music and maps, it was fun to play but still feeling the original book was better done, also this is the first game where we say goodbye to weight stat on weapons and we see some form of DLCs which hurts completionism. 6/10
  13. FE13/Awakening: well this game isn’t bad, still retains some of the classic FE experience and good music, but I feel this is where things in content started to bother me (particularly being a bit greedier with the increase of DLCs) I don’t like much the cast but don’t hate it, some characters such as Basilio or Emmeryn can be memorable. 5/10

Still didn’t play: FE1, FE2 (a little played actually but I’d rank it quite similar to SoV, maybe a bit lower) and 3H

1 Like

The question is:

Did you played Gaiden though

1 Like

Yes like to the desert part (would it be act 3?), I’m sorry, probably sounds ironical but I still find Gaiden a comparable game, after all is the origin of its remake and entertaining

3 Likes