Recommendations needed for Skill Inheritance

I managed to pull 2 Fallen Gustav when the fallen heroes banner was still around, and now I am looking for some good units to inherit some of his, in all honesty, pretty amazing skills. I want to pass on Atk Smoke 4 and Atk/Def Catch 4 both, which means I can’t pass on Near A/D Trace 3, only 2. So, my questions are:

1. Is passing on Near A/D Trace 2 viable at all or is it just a wasted skill at that point?
  2. Who are good candiates for the other 2 skills mentioned above? I was thinking of maybe Spring Maria, to make sure she absolutely doesn’t take any damage from anything, but I’m still a bit hesitant.

I’d love to know what you guys think, as I have no idea what to do at this point. I don’t want to just go for the first idea I get, so I’d love to get some opinions on this

4 Likes

The most important part of the Trace skill is the Canto; losing out on like two points of stats isn’t a huge deal by comparison. Rank 3 will matter for Arena scoring but for general purpose you can get away with Rank 2.

For candidates for all three skills, I would recommend:

Duessel
Zeke
Sigurd
Legendary Sigurd (he comes with the Catch so you can save yourself a Sedgar and grab the level 3 Trace)
Lex
Tibarn (bit iffy on this one, TBH, but he does reach pretty respectable Def)

I don’t recommend a Trace on S-Maria. She can use it but I would argue that her best B slot is Wyvern Flight. She will get consistently more stats out of that than a Trace because of her huge Def stat.

Also cavalry are generally better users of Trace skills than fliers, so that’s why everyone here has 3 movement

4 Likes

If you’re intrested in only inheriting the catch skill and smoke, Reinhardt would be a good pick. With those two skills he can hit and run while surviving spare encounters with physical foes. Summer Claude, while pretty speedy, needs some type of follow up denial to prevent automatic follow ups for fallen star.