Refines (Oct. 2022) Plus MEGA SPOILERS

LnD4 super spoilers

Ascended Eir on a horse. Infernal stat boosted at 57/64/54/20/47.

22 Likes

oooh! Delthea’s got a nice and spicy one! Gonna give it a try once I get my hands on it!

4 Likes

Am I the only one having problems with the update?
App Store is giving me error messages :feh_bylethconfused:

Edit: Seems to have worked now.

3 Likes

Initial impressions:

Who got the best refine?
  • Delthea
  • Lethe
  • Lyn
  • Tiki
  • Yarne

0 voters

Who got the worst refine?
  • Delthea
  • Lethe
  • Lyn
  • Tiki
  • Yarne

0 voters

1 Like

Hot take:

Lyn - L!Lyn on a bird

Lethe - better OG Eliwood

Tiki - dual phase armor (holy shit, they do exist!!)

Delthea - 1$ ran out of ideas so… Here’s some stuff we picked out of the lottery bin

Yarne - still just A/S and GF fodder

8 Likes

@Dragginz If you include datamine stuff you should probably include it in the thread title so no one makes duplicate threads.

Refine first impressions:

• F!Delthea is surprisingly good. While it is just a lot of stats, lull spd/res, and funny warping, this allows her to be offensively oppressive and can run funny NFU and sweeps.
  • S!Lyn just has every effect a ranged flier can’t get from an inheritable. Effective damage, stats, slaying, half NFU, null guard, and melee sweep… seriously, if this isn’t end game idk what is
  • Yarne is pretty good, though the guaranteed follow-up thing is kinda unfortunate vs hardy fighter.
  • Lethe is pretty standard, nothing super unexpected.
  • F!Y!Tiki actually getting an interesting refine that works in both phases, but overall it’s pretty tame. Better than most DC refines though.
4 Likes

Feeling mixed on these refines currently, Delthea’s is ok, unique but from my tests nothing that can stand up against other blue tomes. Very disappointed that Lethe didn’t end up with any damage reduction as she got it with her New Years form, though she could be a good galeforcer, but I would need to test that out.

3 Likes

Lyn is the clear winner here. There’s not much else she could really hope for, maybe DR piercing, canto, or warping? Gotta leave some gaps for team support and the rest of her build, I guess.
The rest seem like varying levels of mid. I would say Lethe looks a bit better than Tiki, who looks a bit better than the other two.

4 Likes

Very happy with Ascendent Eir, she looks absolutely beautiful! I can’t help but wonder what that Earth Boost will become once she’s a real unit. Idk why they even chose it for her boss version since it won’t do much anyways.

I think this Eir will be one of the best users of Windsweep tho. She’ll be safe from Physical damage thanks to Windsweep and she’ll take little damage on the magical side thanks to her super Res (if you also run Mystic Boost to counter dragons).

Also realized just go great of a ranged bait/tank she is. Built in miracle to survive and OHKO bows and daggers and high Res to tank mages/staffs.

7 Likes

At least Im at peace turning the Tikis into books. My dews are safe this month.

4 Likes

Damn, this Eir fan art from a bit ago isn’t far off from the real thing looks like

And her actual art for comparison

7 Likes

Also rip version 6.9 :feh_sharenacry:

7 Likes

Saddest part man :catsob:

4 Likes

F.Delthea is blockbuster Monica

1 Like

I thought they can’t go a single batch of refine without someone getting DR, but here we are.

7 Likes

Expected Yarne’s refine to be much worse than this so I’m happy with it :d

:feh_bunny:

1 Like

Um… OP made sure to hide Tempest Trials info on spoilers, so you’d better also hide your entire post…

The same applies to this post.

2 Likes

Delthea plays like a F2P L! F. Byleth, not too bad.

I wonder when (and if) she’ll get a HoF rerun, since I’d rather save some dew and fodder until then.

4 Likes

I want my soul for F Delthea back.

5 Likes

This game has gone completely off the deep end.

In Book IV we started to see 10-12 point stat swings become standard (ex: atk/def -5 on opponent, but most prfs did 6 points). In Book V we got that with strong effects on top. Now they’re going for 10-20 point stat boosts. Think Letizia Kjelle refine, B.Edelgard refine, B.Dimitri’s flat DR, and now look at this. 16 atk if the second lowest HP on your team is 40. And they’re not even restraining it to a few units. Flame Mordi and this inheritable from Nils both grant like atk/def-10 on the opponent. 6 points x2 stats was already a lot. 10x2 is absurd; 20 is outrageous.

11 Likes