Regarding Command Codes

I was curious about what Command Codes to expect in the near future before applying what I have in stock currently. I looked them all up but was confused with how to acquire them.

Example- https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Holy_Night's_Aurora_Borealis#Availability How would I get this if there’s no rerun ? Did JP have Command Codes for that long already ? Or is this incorrect information?

Other command codes say available Available from Battle in New York(Gilfest which is soonish) but when these are available, are they rewards that we only get to pick 1 of like the CBC CE’s? In the SQ Summons Gacha as limited or permanent?

Other examples -https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Lady_of_the_Red_Jewels’_Command_Seal#Availability

You uh, get it the first time the event comes?

1 Like

Hey there! Command Codes can definitely be a bit confusing at first, but I’ll try to work through your questions one by one.

Example- Holy Night’s Aurora Borealis How would I get this if there’s no rerun? Did JP have Command Codes for that long already? Or is this incorrect information?

So, lets get a few things out of the way first. JP is 2 years ahead of NA. Always has been, and always will be. The exact timing of events may fluctuate slightly, but for the most part, anything that happens in JP will happen two years later in NA.

So with that in mind, lets look at when Holy Night’s Aurora Borealis released. As you can see in the page you linked, it released in Christmas 2018. In other words, the very same Christmas event that we will get later this year on the NA version. Since we are perpetually two years behind, that is our 2020 Christmas event in NA.

So yes, JP has had command codes for that long, but in a relative sense, they got it about the same time as we did in NA. For JP as well, they were announced on the Third Anniversary (though, I believe they actually got them implemented slightly later). For any date you see on the wiki, add two years to it and that is when we will get it. So a Valentine 2019 code for JP will be from Valentine 2021 for NA.

How would I get this if there’s no rerun?

Well, if you mean on JP, then you wouldn’t. If a JP player wished to get that command code now, they would have missed out, and they would be simply out of luck. With that said, some command codes have been added to the rare prism and mana prism shop, and JP has been recently implementing something called Main Interludes which bring back old events that already had their reruns, such as Christmas in the Underworld and CCC so far, so that would be a possible option in the future as well.

On NA, we haven’t had the event yet in the first place, as I mentioned above, so you would be able to get it during the Christmas event at the end of this year, and have a second chance during the rerun next year.

Other command codes say available Available from Battle in New York(Gilfest which is soonish) but when these are available, are they rewards that we only get to pick 1 of like the CBC CE’s? In the SQ Summons Gacha as limited or permanent?

There are no command codes in the SQ gacha. Never have been, and hopefully, never will be. 1 and 2 star command codes are in the FP gacha, however. I don’t play JP actively so I could have missed a time where this is the case, but I have never heard of command codes being something you redeem like CBC CE’s, but rather they are always rewards for doing the event in some manner, through quests or the shop etc. So for example, take a look at the Gilfest event shop. You’ll notice you will be able to purchase the command codes via the Gold Bar Currency. For our current Summer event, you’ll see that we get the codes as quest rewards. In any case, as far as I am aware, there isn’t any situation where you will need to redeem a single command code among many options, I believe that if you complete all the events, you will be able to receive one copy of each command code that said event gives out by playing the event (be it via a shop, a quest reward, etc.)

For what its worth, I also believe you cannot get a second copy from a rerun, and that you will get a Rare Prism instead, but I cannot confirm that myself as again, I don’t really play JP that actively.

Hope this helped clear up any questions you have!

3 Likes

Thank you very very much, I play NA & I’m aware that JP is 2 years ahead but I had mistaken the 2018 Xmas for Santa Alter Xmas (my first Xmas event). Had a massive brain fart so that’s an error on my end lol.

Very glad that there aren’t any Command codes in SQ Gacha because that would’ve been rough on the wallet. Split rate ups are bad enough.

The main issue is … I don’t want to spend QP unwisely so that is why I decided to ask before making a choice I’ll regret soon after.

1 Like