REGARDING SITE UPGRADES, AND BUGS

Hi guys, as you can probably tell the site went down for a bit and went through some upgrades.

This was being planned but then it sort of went ahead without warning, so apologies for that.

It’s been nearly a year since it was upgraded, hence there might be some compatibility issues and a few bugs.

If you happen to find any bugs, please let us know here.

Current things we are aware of are:

• Theme issues - I am going to work on restoring something as similar as possible to the old theme but I’ll be doing it more from scratch. Bold is broken arm but I will be addressing this in the theme update
  • the text box being kinda insanely tall on mobile this sadly is a discourse feature
  • Highlight to quote still being kinda broken FIXED AHAHAH
  • Emojis only count for 1 character for minimum character limits (Is this a bug or a feature?) (it’s a bug)
  • Missing category icons from the top of the page (died in update, need to recode this)
  • New notifications close a currently open notification bar
  • can get notifications from watched topics or PMs even when there is no new activity
  • reply notifications from watched topics or PMs still appear even when currently on said topic or PM and up to date
  • transparent pfps have a solid color background on ghost theme > ghost theme is not gonna be perma if you wanna use that hot mess it’s on you
  • very finicky bug where the interactable box of UI elements gets transposed downwards while the text editor is open
  • Saving topic drafts doesn’t save titles and tags
  • notification duplication
42 Likes

On the upside, it’s definitely more responsive?

15 Likes

HOGHLIGHT QUOTE IS BACK!!

17 Likes

ok emoji box is fixed

15 Likes

Gimme a couple days to make sure duplicating notifs and ghost notifs are gone

15 Likes

Not letting you erase this

17 Likes

My typing is still less of a disaster than this was

12 Likes

PSA
If you don’t like the colors
too bad

nah you can change it

18 Likes

OH DAMM, EVERYTHING’S SO FAST NOW!!!

19 Likes

WCAG Dark is my new Master

6 Likes

What’s new?

3 Likes

a lot of things

12 Likes

Is there any way to return to the old style? It’s too colorful and oily

6 Likes

Or is that a work in progress?

4 Likes

You can install different themes
I remember the name of the old one, gonna see what I can do

12 Likes

How do you download them?

4 Likes

Does gp have to do it or can I do it myself?

4 Likes

It’s WIP and in preferences under interface

6 Likes

You can’t download them, but admin can install them and make them available for users
I’m going to have a look at tweaking so we can get the old theme back

14 Likes