Repel Alfonse

Well, had some luck on this New Heroes banner, and this was what I ended doing with a +hp -def Larcei.

Later I’ll post some pics of this guy doing things (if you want him to test your def, the code is 9940-460-385), but by the time being I’m having mad fun with the best boy.
Thought’s on this?

16 Likes

Please say sike.

Edit:
Why would you put a premium skill on an unmergable unit that has little speed, it makes no sense. Alfonse wants to build his atk and defense by stacking brazens, this is the most out of this world build I’ve EVER seen in this game , no joke bruh.

3 Likes

526f5aa94fb50c6ef92c03739a27e04e9a38f440
Speed Alfonse is never something I’ve considered. But then again I made speed Arden so who am I to talk. And Welcome!
tenor (4)

4 Likes

Well, even tho I was onto the brazen stack moto once, Alfonse seemed a cool option for Dc Vantage (just double brazen basic build) and never decieved me (he was kinda my main unit, and just he who I must protecc).
The main reason is just non-understandable admiration to Alfonse.
(didnt pull any alt of him yet tho, bad luck time)
Also brazen res so that he survives mages is fun :^)

Well good luck son. This is definitely an out-there build. I wish you luck on pulling NY Alfonse!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Have some luck out there too!

4 Likes

I can possibly see this working. Using him as a bonus unit in AR with speed buffs from Peony could make him very useful as a backup for if your main unit dies.

Sure B!Ike is usually better off with these kind of skills (to tank even better), but I commend you for your creativity. If the Askr trio get access to merges, this build would just get better.

Also, with you using the petal parasol, having debuffers like Aversa or chill skill users could be invaluable, especially if they debuff speed.

2 Likes

that’s like a bruh moment and a half
but if he gets the job done, sure why not

4 Likes

This is quite… interesting. I guess with bonus stats he can pull it off, maybe?

6 Likes

What an… unexpected build. But if it works, it could be fun.

And welcome here btw :feh_hridexcited:

Hey, welcome to GP :feh_flaynsmile:
Nice Alfonse you got there! Very unique. With buffs, he can definitely stack up enough Spd to make good use of Repel.
If you ever have any questions int eh future, don’t hesitate to ask :feh_birbpeek:

5 Likes

Oh my… How …interesting. I suppose it will work against folks at mid to low speed (35 and below?), given appropriate buffs. I’m even hesitating to give my Repel to LMarth, for various reasons, even doe he would def make good use of it. But if you like Alfonse that much, then hey.

1 Like

THIS IS WITH S SUPPORT ALL DRAGON FLOWERS AND SPEED REFINE BRUH LMAO. I dont see how he will outspeed anyone in the game who isn’t an armor imo

By buffs I mean outside support such as visible & invisible buffs, not skills on the unit itself :feh_birbpeek:
So stuff like Drive Spd and Brave Lucina’s weapon.
Units like Larcei can have 50 Spd at neutral with just their base kit.

3 Likes

No my point is it took this much effort to get him to 32 speed… It would be a miracle for him to get up to the high forties, which is where most units lie these days.

I like the fat Joker pfp
Gives him more character

5 Likes

Much love bruh

2 Likes

I love it and i love alfonse so 10/10

2 Likes

There are many units out there that can buff up Alfonse even further if you stack them.
Most of them are expensive 5* exclusives, but there are more FTP options like Male Corrin.
Assuming you had a team completely dedicated to supporting Alfonse:
Starting with 41 (+5 from Petal Parasol & +4 from Swift Stance) base Spd:
+6 max Spd buff (+7 exists but that’s very rare)
+6 from Legendary Eliwood
+6 from Kaden
+3 from Brave Lucina’s weapon
+6 from a possible 2 Drive Spd’s (on Brave Lucina)
That’s 68 Spd, which will double almost everything in the game that isn’t similarly super stacking Spd.
You can’t super buff all the time, but even a few support units can send his Spd extremely high.

1 Like

I don’t see any point in having 6 units focus completely on supporting Alfonse just so he can speed tank when he can utilize other skills to maximize his potential with minimum investment and do really good on his own. If he put these skills on Alfie solely because he likes him, more power to him, but I don’t see this build as being very practical at all.

1 Like