Repel Alfonse

This is something I would use outside of Arena and such. He will annihilate with this build once he gets into brazen range C: He hits like 77/29/67/26 and that Bonfire will kill alot and he will be nigh unkillable versus physical units.

You’re right in that other builds could probably do better on Alfonse, but that doesn’t mean you can’t run the build :feh_legion:
I don’t think somebody would put this much investment into Alfonse unless they liked his character, since while he’s definitely reasonable, he’s not the best sword user out there.

4 Likes

@Lesk hmm… I like the build and appreciate the creativity. However even with swift stance and petal parasol active he’s only hitting 41 Spd… Not ideal for repel. Maybe spd smoke over panic smoke? 41 spd with a -7 debuff on enemy spd would certainly help him with repel

1 Like

He’s not the best sword out there, but triple brazen can get RIDICULOUS. Not saying he shouldn’t run the build, I was just giving my thoughts on it.

That’s a weird looking Claude you got there

1 Like

Middleing speed is good enough to put this skill to use. Im in that wierd camp that thinks alfonse is a solid unit.

1 Like

Main reason for Panic Smoke is for preventing enemies getting buffs, while also reliably making Petal go off. Aside from that, I have a Leliwood with Atk/Spd Ruse, just so that I can lower my foe’s spd a bit so that the spd gap can be lowered more.
Also, against Arena or AR, I normally used this build just because it’s how mafia works

1 Like

There are 55 infantry sword units that can use Repel better than Alfonse. Which is also the exact number of infantry sword units in the game excluding Alfonse. Even summer Helbindi can reach this kind of speed with assets and merges and he has superior stats over Alfonse in anything but speed. How can anyone support this waste of skill? Use Alfonse if you like him but don’t waste amazing skills like that.

1 Like

7 Likes

About “Even Helbindi can reach this kind of speed with assets and merges”
Well, about that, not sure if you’d truly want to have a Helbindi with +spd, since as he is as superior in the other stats and have such an underwhelming spd. Also, you just said it, he needs merges on a banner that only happens on summer. I’d be kinda worried about that. Call it trash if you want it, but I think that there’s no need of going that far. Not as if you had the same effect on your weapon afterall.

3 Likes

I like this idea. I like it a lot. :feh_royyes:

I wanna do Speedy Alfonse myself, but that’s a lot more wild than what I had in mind. I was just gonna give him Fury 4 and Brazen Seal :catroll:

Hope he serves you well, he looks like he’ll be fun in bonus seasons. Ah yeah, and welcome. :feh_flaynfish:

1 Like

@Lesk don’t listen to them. The second you try to show off a creative build you either get ignored or they come in droves to tell you how terrible it is. ESPECIALLY with the askr trio. “Muh Askr trio sucks because no merges”. Give me a break

2 Likes

The Askr trio not having merges is truly a downfall, but sometimes it’s all you can do about it. Probably with these codex pages we might be able to summon gen 1 units including them for if they get removed from the normal pool.

3 Likes

Looks at Arden

1 Like

Them getting merges would be awesome, but I hate how people pretend they’re useless(except triple brazen Alfonse, who they have no choice but respect). Alfonse hard counters +10 Surtr with just his refined folkvangr and brazen 3 in his A slot. Heck with his triple brazen he also counters Altina(that one you have to be more careful; Surtr you just park him in front of and hit end turn). Sharena can be made to take out all these powercreep speedy swordies. The trio isn’t useless; they just aren’t as strong as some of us wish they were

1 Like

Ngl, but Sharena is just buff killer. Everytime you throw her into any Legwood’s buffed boy, she just nulls that. And Triple Brazen Alfonse is big number time (and deals big number Ignis), what I’ve been thinking of doing is a “meme” kind Anna with FB4, Wrath, and almost everything that just gives true damage so that she goes and slaps the enemy (unlucky because I’m not truly investing her)

2 Likes

@Lesk at some point here I’m gonna spare the feathers to give Anna slaying axe+/Desperation/luna/flashing blade. Once you’re spamming luna’s the low atk becomes more forgivable. Really wanna try Noatun/galeforce first though

1 Like

Bruh the Askr Trio is really solid with the right builds, but I’d say Anna has a really hard time. Alfonse with triple brazen, as you’ve said is insanity against greens, and triple bond Sharena is fantastic as well. Anna has a terrible refine so she has a harder time, but she can run hammer pretty fine.

On a side note: there’s a difference between creative and delusional. He asked for thoughts on the build so we gave him our thoughts. Giving premium one-of-a-kind skills that are on a SINGLE UNIT in the game are not worth giving to someone who doesn’t utilize it to the fullest extent.

Well, since there’s the fact that I don’t use other units, and that I’m kinda getting solid results out from this build, I’m kinda sure that what I made wouldn’t be in the range of “delusional”. Aside from that, there’s always room to look for other builds, as every aspect you’ve said that these units excel in have clear weaknesses, those being:

For Trip Brazen Alfonse (generaly Atk/Def for what I’ve read) is dying easily before getting in brazen range, normally by mages.

Bond Sharena is a trap for Aversa’s and usual sudden panic moments, alongside Sabotage skills and attacking the allies near her so that she loses her bonds.

Anna… well, if her atk is a problem, you can always boost it alongside another stat, for example Def in a Shoreline Rake + Rouse build.

The thing is, there’s always room for alternative choices, as it isn’t always the “standard” choice a “one-for-all” situation. It’s kinda like TA refine on Alfonse.

1 Like

Sharena: ??? Bond is in combat buffs?

Alfonse: Mages are the bane of all red sword infantries usually, so this isn’t anything new with alfonse, and even then he should be able to tank at least one hit against a mage who isn’t blue or a super nuke and get into range.

Anna: Your point applies to all units, my point is that she’s the worst unit of the three and she needs a lot more work to be good.